Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2007, 21:35   #31

Logitech Z5300e or Z2300

I will vouch for the Z5300e anyday anytime... They are simply awesome speakers (if you have a bigger pocket then nothing compared to Z 5500). And it has excellent bass.. even when turned downed to low you can feel it really nicely.. Awesome for watching movies... And they do give Kiplisch Promedia 4.1 a run for there money.. Infact i feel they are better.. So check them out..

For those who want rear speakers cordless they might check out Z 5450.. All the features same to that of a Z5500 but a bit on the higher side of the pocket..

Perry
Old 30th December 2007, 17:20   #32
BHPian

wooh man, thats quite a bit of information,
BTW where should i look buying or atleast auditioning brands like Audioengine, Klipsch Promedia, etc. in Delhi

P.S. Was going through the sony india site and came accross the component systems they offer
Sony India : HT-DDW1600/Bundle (HTDDW1600/Bundle) : Details and one costing 20k
Are they good sound speakers with decent amount of bass and most important are they VFM or should i consider looking at other brands in the above price range

Last edited by beanstalk_230 : 30th December 2007 at 17:25.
Old 31st December 2007, 10:19   #33
BHPian

@beanstalk 230
Is the one pointed to in the lnk costing 20K? Because it's MRP is mentioned as 40K
Coming to specs: Power output is 185W @1kHz, so actual would be somewhat lower. And THD is too high at 10%
Regarding 2 subs, it is very uncommon to have 2 subs...I don't know how the 2 would interact with each other in your own listening room. What you would hear at the showroom would be quite different from the real life situation in which you would use the system.
Having said this, let me tell you that I heard one sony HTS having 2 subs (probably the same model as above), and it sounded decent in a very large showroom. But still, in the price range of 20K+, you should consider Onkyo which would be better VFM and already being discussed in another thread.
Old 18th January 2008, 12:09   #34
BHPian

guys help me in choosing a 5.1 speaker system..budget under 10K...preferrably wireless.i am looking for good clarity with crisp bass..ideal for listening to music and watching movies.. no gaming stuff.. i have checked couple of creative lines.. seems good.. is there anything which can be better than them and available under this budget...
Old 18th January 2008, 13:01   #35
BHPian

There is a company in bangalore called Rontek that produces decent VFM systems that could meet your budget..
Old 4th October 2008, 12:34   #36
BHPian

Bought a Logitech Z-2300 y'day from Lamington Road, Mumbai (7100/- after spending 2 hrs - couldn't get it down to my target - 6.5k). Why? I love clear, strong bass.

So good, I am furious at myself for
1. not investing in a good sound card
2. downloading poor quality MP3s off the net
3. not buying one earlier.

I'm no audiophile, but this kind of sound quality is value-for-money at this price(sigh, its 4 K abroad!). The movies, magically, sound magnificient despite the absence of surround sound.

The Altec Lansings X5021s was hard to find - the one shown was a Mar 2007 piece - the model's discontinued and so wasn't too keen on them.

Blindly plunge in and indulge your ears folks! With navrati around the corner, you can crank up the system for your neighbourhood Dandia beats.
Old 8th October 2008, 17:11   #37
BHPian

Logitech Z 2300 Speakers, it seems offers OK value. As d_himan correctly points out, the audio performance depends upon other factors too: The sound card, the audio formats used etc... Even the wire quality used makes a hell of a difference. For a typical user the Z 2300 should work fine.

What motherboard and audio card are you using??
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:47   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashpillai View Post
Logitech Z 2300 Speakers, it seems offers OK value. As d_himan correctly points out, the audio performance depends upon other factors too: The sound card, the audio formats used etc... Even the wire quality used makes a hell of a difference. For a typical user the Z 2300 should work fine.

What motherboard and audio card are you using??
Ashpillai - Sorry for the delay

A Dell Laptop - 1.2 GHz Core Duo, Dell Circuit Board
A Sigma Tel Sound card.

Extremely satisfied with the system for my habits - Gaming/Ripped AVIs/Rap/Techno/Trance. Guess I won't be upgrading the soundcard afterall...dont feel the need!
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:23   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
About 5000Rs with bill and warranty from a local Philips dealer. Looks like this:
How is SQ of this Philips?
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
A Sigma Tel Sound card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
So good, I am furious at myself for
1. not investing in a good sound card
Dont!
sigmatel onboards are probably the best onboards you can get ! Analog devices ( soundmax ) comes second , and Realtek a distant third
Old 19th November 2008, 15:16   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Dont!
sigmatel onboards are probably the best onboards you can get ! Analog devices ( soundmax ) comes second , and Realtek a distant third
ah! you made my day and saved me from splurging 7k on audigys!
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:50   #42
BHPian

AudioEngine

AudioEngine A2 its around 7 to 8.5 G
or if you can double your budget then AudioEngine A5 around 17G

Brilliant bookshelf speakers
kevlar cones
Old 4th December 2008, 11:10   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Ditto! A pair of Quality bookshelf speakers with good impedance is all you need!!

Elito
Yes I too have this advice.

My perception is that all we need to sense the original recording as-is-where-is basis. God has given two ears so that it can detect the phase diffrence from same sound source coming in direction of listener and brain to calculate the location of sound source. This way you get imagination of complete stage in front of you. Two speakers are sufficient for this purpose.
I spent 20K for local made Custom speakers + amp + source selectors. Result is same which I wanted. Some time my friends gets confused that where the guitar sounded? Though it sounded from speakers, listener get confused that it sounded in some third direction. That's true for all other music.

That's the result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
There is a company in bangalore called Rontek that produces decent VFM systems that could meet your budget..
, I don't know why we ignore these guys.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:32   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Rontek is not into this budget business any more. However one can check surely.
Old 4th December 2008, 13:53   #45
BHPian

where can i find Audio engine A2 in Bangalore ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks