Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 13:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I've visited that site before Sumit, but thanks anyways
I knew that it could be done with a diamond tipped bit but was hoping someone must've done that and could provide me with some tips as in the Indian scenario.
Do you plan to clip those pins as shown in the linky??

Alternatively you can think of using a rubber or plastic Beading around the chip like an eye glasses' frame. I hope you can understand what i meant. May be you can visit your local optician and ask him to help you out with a frame, may be if he has a broken one. I also think, they have good drilling machines as they will be drilling holes in lenses especially for three piece frames.

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 25th March 2008 at 13:40.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I am a Orthodontist by profession and making holes in ceramics without cracking it is part of our job. Head over to your dentist and ask him to drill a hole in the cpu with a dental air rotor hand piece with a diamond bur. It should not take more than 2 minutes under water spray. If our diamond burs can drill your enamel; drilling ceramics is a piece of cake. Ask him to use a new bur though.
Bye and wear your seat belts.
Brilliant idea Doc, now the hard part is to find a dentist who will be willing to do such a thing. Some people might take it as an insult.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks