Team-BHP - The iPhone Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The iPhone Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/38465-iphone-thread-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 609607)
All this talk about Iphones is really tempting me..

*Must Resist Iphone*

Me too! May the force be with us!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 609607)
All this talk about Iphones is really tempting me..

*Must Resist Iphone*

agree: Me Too...:D

Will buy when prize down to 20k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tidzter (Post 609790)

beats me 27000 on a phone!! like fine its not just a phone and its got great features and all but 27000 on something that might get locked without notice!! whats the use!!

It doesnt just get locked without notice, if you upgrade the firmware from apple it will get locked. Before releasing this firmware, apple warned all users that modified phones will get locked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlalan (Post 609396)
yeah..16000/- in the u.s and 1500/- to crack the phone here.

I thought it was more exp here to crack it ... i was plannin to do it on my own but i rather pay 1500rs and save the hassle...can u give me contact details of the chap that can unlock it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 609935)
I thought it was more exp here to crack it ... i was plannin to do it on my own but i rather pay 1500rs and save the hassle...can u give me contact details of the chap that can unlock it.

So you are confident of the crack to crack the new firmware that Apple has out?

@Guys in Bangalore: Any idea how much in Bangalore to crack it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC Mayank (Post 610281)
@Guys in Bangalore: Any idea how much in Bangalore to crack it?

No idea about charges for unlocking alone. But I was quoted 30 K for a 8GB unlocked I phone in National market ( It can be bargained downn further IMO )

thats way too much man. If what Sahil is saying is right, we could have the unlocked thing sitting in our laps in under 17.5k if we order from the states

IMO if you're competent with Computers/Programming or have a geek friend (I have a close friend who's a uber-geek, so all such tasks get transferred to him automatically with promises of chilled beer on successful completion!) then I think the crack is not too complex to DIY.

I read up on it last night & didn't seem that complicated to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 610306)
IMO if you're competent with Computers/Programming or have a geek friend (

Man do we have a thread that gives a city wise listing of geeks on team bhp? If not then maybe we should :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 583575)
Tadu
I thought u were a diesel head and an excellent driver with pete'd mind but u seem to be an apple freak too.:)

OT did I tell you that .. one day morning.. toadu just simply woke up and decided to buy a big around 60' Flatscreen TV..

For watching F1 in his home by evening..???

Gizmo freak he is... And a very good guy..

Apparently Apple has stopped accepting cash for iPhone purchases and has limited the no. of iPhones that a person can buy to two (!!!). It seems they are taking only plastic, so they can track unlockers. (About 250,000 of the iPhones sold so far have been bought by unlockers.) I heard this on engadget.

Really nice marketing spin, whether the "need" of Apple is genuine or not.

Maybe this will drive prices of unlocked iPhones higher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 609935)

There're videos demonstrating how to unlock an i-phone you can check here - Video & Video II

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 610429)
Apparently Apple has stopped accepting cash for iPhone purchases and has limited the no. of iPhones that a person can buy to two (!!!). It seems they are taking only plastic, so they can track unlockers. (About 250,000 of the iPhones sold so far have been bought by unlockers.) I heard this on engadget.

Really nice marketing spin, whether the "need" of Apple is genuine or not.

Maybe this will drive prices of unlocked iPhones higher.

What, one can buy an iphone only with an AT&T package now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC Mayank (Post 610481)
What, one can buy an iphone only with an AT&T package now?

Nope, you can still get them at Apple stores. Only, you can now pay for them only with a credit card. No cash. And you can reportedly buy only two.

They'll probably ask you for your fingerprints and blood (for a DNA sample) next :D

I guess the credit card info can be used to track down un-activated phones (on the assumption that they have been unlocked, or unlocked and resold). They are probably only trying to identify people who unlock & resell the phones in bulk (and not private individuals).

What if I order it online?