Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2008, 11:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Need Urgent "HELP" on Hard-Disk

Hello,Bhpians I am looking out for a Samsung SV0802N 80GB IDE hard-disk as my Hard-Disk PCB is damaged,i was trying to remove the power-plug it was so tight,i applied a little pressure and "tick" a sound came and my heart was stopped i immediately checked but no response the powersupply is history,i showed it to a technician he said we need to get the same PCB as per model number,all my 5yrs 3D work is in the drive and i want to recover it,Please help me find a Hard-Disk equivalent to the same model number mentioned above,if some-one still uses it,would like to do a barter with me i'll get him a new higher capacity HDD please help me on this.

Regards,

Ramie
Old 19th May 2008, 11:17   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Hello,Bhpians I am looking out for a Samsung SV0802N 80GB IDE hard-disk as my Hard-Disk PCB is damaged,i was trying to remove the power-plug it was so tight,i applied a little pressure and "tick" a sound came and my heart was stopped i immediately checked but no response the powersupply is history,i showed it to a technician he said we need to get the same PCB as per model number,all my 5yrs 3D work is in the drive and i want to recover it,Please help me find a Hard-Disk equivalent to the same model number mentioned above,if some-one still uses it,would like to do a barter with me i'll get him a new higher capacity HDD please help me on this.

Regards,

Ramie
hey dude, did you try connecting the HDD to a another comp and check whether you are able to access the data... few times it will allow you if not then only you need the same kind of HDD for recovering the data.. I will check if I can locate a Samsung SV0802N 80GB IDE hard-disk .
Old 19th May 2008, 13:30   #3
BHPian

Dear ramie,
Try any professional data recovery services. Don't have contact details of any myself, but any computer vendor should be able to give you the same.
Since your data itself is safe, I'm sure they would be able to easily recover your data and 5 years of work.
Old 19th May 2008, 13:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
hey dude, did you try connecting the HDD to a another comp and check whether you are able to access the data... few times it will allow you if not then only you need the same kind of HDD for recovering the data.. I will check if I can locate a Samsung SV0802N 80GB IDE hard-disk .
Yess matey ive checked in about 7 pc's till now,yess the problem is the power connector,there is a small hairline crack developed in the PCB and difficult to repair it,If i get the similar HDD it can be done easily,the problem is finding it as i had bought it in 2004,and IDEs have been replaced by Sata's now,so finding a similar HDD is a difficult task I had called up Samsung service even they dont have that HDD in stock.
Old 19th May 2008, 14:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,

Ramie

If its confirmed that the PCB is damaged, then do one thing, call someone from computermagazines. My friend reads chip and pcworld ( digit and computeractive are the other two ) and they have manay articles on how to recover data. This is my third HDD, but I had data backups.
You can buy anyone of the magazines and try to contact them. they might help.
Mean while I will now start searching for the tools.
Old 19th May 2008, 14:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yess matey ive checked in about 7 pc's till now,yess the problem is the power connector,there is a small hairline crack developed in the PCB and difficult to repair it,If i get the similar HDD it can be done easily,the problem is finding it as i had bought it in 2004,and IDEs have been replaced by Sata's now,so finding a similar HDD is a difficult task I had called up Samsung service even they dont have that HDD in stock.

You are talking about the crack on which chip, a no. must be mentioned over the PCB chips.

Whom do you spoke in Samsung ??

Last edited by ashthedivx : 19th May 2008 at 14:53.
Old 19th May 2008, 14:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
You are talking about the crack on which chip, a no. must be mentioned over the PCB chips.

Whom do you spoke in Samsung ??
I think its the samsung call center people,I will try to get the Part/chip number and post it here when i reach home,I am sure there is no other problem than the power connector,bcz i pulled it soo hard that it might have got damaged seriously.
Old 19th May 2008, 15:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think its the samsung call center people,I will try to get the Part/chip number and post it here when i reach home,I am sure there is no other problem than the power connector,bcz i pulled it soo hard that it might have got damaged seriously.
Good, Also try to post the picture of the logic card.

JFI: Samsung call center isn't looking into HDD and OMS services, it is for home appliances, IT products(apart from HDD and OMS) and audio-video products.
Old 19th May 2008, 15:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

getting the SV0802 will be hard since its an older 5400 Rpm model. most people have the newer 7200 SP0802N ...
Old 19th May 2008, 15:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
getting the SV0802 will be hard since its an older 5400 Rpm model. most people have the newer 7200 SP0802N ...
Yess its difficlt,I am having 2 x 80GB Seagate Similar model and 160GB samsung(currently using),i had bought this Samsung second hand and was working just fine until this stupidity of mine

I'll post pic of the same and the PCB also
Old 19th May 2008, 23:10   #11
BHPian

Ramie,

Please leave the recovering job to experts. The most reputable chaps for data recovery are Stellar. Do NOT tamper with the disk yourself. As someone in my office recently discovered, Stellar will not touch the damaged hard disk if anyone has already attempted to recover data from it.

Also, do get yourself a second drive for backups alongwith SecondCopy backup software.
Old 19th May 2008, 23:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,

Ramie
I hope this is not against the rules. But you can definitely try on TechEnclave.

I am sure they will be of help. I am not a member myself but have seen a few people hooked onto this as we are to T-Bhp.

All the best for recovery of your data.

PS: try professionals like mentioned in previous post. I hope they will be of some help

Last edited by motorheadinc : 19th May 2008 at 23:33.
Old 19th May 2008, 23:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Told you not to drink and dri...errrr work.

All the best with your recovery. i have an 80 gig at work... how can i help..??
Old 20th May 2008, 00:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Told you not to drink and dri...errrr work.

All the best with your recovery. i have an 80 gig at work... how can i help..??
hehehehehe the only problem was i wasnt drunk thats why it happened,if i would have been drunk,i would have never touched it to remove it lolz.. just check out the model number of the 80GB you have i need this model only to get it to work "Samsung SV0802N" .thanks man
Old 20th May 2008, 09:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Ramie,

Please leave the recovering job to experts. The most reputable chaps for data recovery are Stellar. Do NOT tamper with the disk yourself. As someone in my office recently discovered, Stellar will not touch the damaged hard disk if anyone has already attempted to recover data from it.

Also, do get yourself a second drive for backups alongwith SecondCopy backup software.
Ramie is about to change the logic card and the said act doesn't counts into any kind of tamperment. Also, the logic card trick works very fine as far as your hdd platters and headers aren't damages, but yes if anyhow the warranty seal is blown (on the side) very few chances are there of data recovery.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks