Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2008, 21:55   #16
BHPian

take it to the person you bought it from and im sure for a few bucks more he should be able to bring it back to life.

there is nothing that cannot be done at gaffar.
Old 8th June 2008, 12:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Best is to contact the person you purchased from, he might be helpful for some quick money.
Old 9th June 2008, 10:55   #18
BHPian

why dont you virginise the phone with "Ziphone" and then send for repairs. it certainly is a hardware issue. Or go to the market and search if you could get a bad/bricked iphone and swap the screen. Swapping the screen should not be very tough. Check out youtube for that. there are loads for videos on iphone screen swap....best of luck
Old 9th June 2008, 13:06   #19
BHPian

sorry to hear
Apple India will not repair it as they do no local repairs they send the defective underwarranty devices to the us for replacement
is your phone a week 42 phone if so then this si a pretty prevelant issue in the week 42 phones where the sensors on the lower part of the screen go kaput
you need to get the screen replaced, you have 2 options go back to the guy to get it (the phoen)replace / fixed as you just bopught it a few days back
b get the screen replaced
c buy mine for 18 K J/K
Old 9th June 2008, 13:28   #20
BHPian

I had the same problem with the phone I spoke to guy here in Bangalore who sells and services iPhones. He told me it would cost me Rs. 9500 to replace the screen, mine went kaput within 4 days of using it. I had got the phone from the US from a colleague of mine, now it back in the US (with bill et all) hoping to get it replaced else will have to shell out 9.5k to get the screen replaced or the last alternative, sell it to the iPhone seller/service here for a lot lesser amount than the close to ($532k) I paid for it
. I will know if my phone is getting replaced or not sometime this week :(
Old 9th June 2008, 14:48   #21
BHPian

I got another scare from Apple yesternight. My iPod docked in iM7 froze all of a sudden. It didn't respond to any touches on the wheel. Since iPod doesn't have any mechanism to re-boot, I put it down to let it's battery drain. By morning it's battery was drained out completely and when I re-charged and played it, it worked.

So much for superiority of Apple products over MS ones.

\N
Old 9th June 2008, 14:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Since iPod doesn't have any mechanism to re-boot, I put it down to let it's battery drain. By morning it's battery was drained out completely and when I re-charged and played it, it worked.

So much for superiority of Apple products over MS ones.

\N
Thats not right, Ipod has an option of reset.

How to reset iPod

Quote:
  1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  2. Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons simultaneously until the Apple/iPod logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
Hope this helps in future!
Old 9th June 2008, 16:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chvvkumar View Post
Then get it replaced from the apple store na? They replace woth out much trouble as Ive heard.

You cannot get it replaced from apple store as you have unlocked the iphone ( cracked it ) and hence you are out of warranty.

Try to get the phone serviced or replaced from the person you picked it up...else you it as an iBrick ~~
Old 9th June 2008, 16:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
You cannot get it replaced from apple store as you have unlocked the iphone ( cracked it ) and hence you are out of warranty.
You can LOCK it again using Ziphone.

Your best bet is to :
- Lock it again using Ziphone and send it to US and see if apple replaces it.
- Take it to gaffar and see how much they ask for repair.
Old 9th June 2008, 16:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Sorry wrong thread ..... delete this post
Old 10th June 2008, 20:09   #26
BHPian

I am sure the vendor whom you brought it from would be able to help you. There are lots of people here who know how to replace the display. Should cost you anywhere between 8-12k. But then you might as well as shell out another 12k and buy the latest 3G iPhone
Old 11th June 2008, 16:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
IBut then you might as well as shell out another 12k and buy the latest 3G iPhone
Nah... not another apple product for me!!! I am fed up of Apple and their exclusivity. I am sending my iPhone to US, my bro-in-law there will try to get it replaced/repaired by Apple.

Which courier should I use to send it to US? Are FedEx reliable?

That brings another question, I need to buy another phone for Wifey. If and when iPhone comes back, wifey will get it and her new phone will replace my N73.

I have a Plam Treo 750 which takes care of my mailing and net-surfing needs, so I don't need any smart-phone capabilities in my second phone. I need a damn good multi-media phone. The final contenders are LG Viewty and Nokia N82.

Both have 5 MP cameras. Nokia has good build and Car Zeiss lens, Viewty has better form factor, bigger screen.

Suggest guys!!!

\N
Old 11th June 2008, 17:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Courier - FedEX is the best of the LOT !!

Phone - N82 anyday over LG Viewty. Lots of features like gps, 5 mp camera, xenon flash etc etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks