Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2008, 18:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Yes Esteem. I love this unit, I mean have used Yamaha, Onkyo blah blah...but somehow this unit is compact and serves my needs at home. Great unit but bad service.
don't these players retail for 3 to 4 k? why spend so much to get it done ?
Old 30th June 2008, 18:02   #17
BHPian

No john, those that retail for 3-4k is junk. This is a proper Home Theatre 5.1 system with Active subs and even HDMI upscaling. I bought this for 28K
Old 30th June 2008, 18:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No john, those that retail for 3-4k is junk. This is a proper Home Theatre 5.1 system with Active subs and even HDMI upscaling. I bought this for 28K
i have not seen many active subs in HTs. can you give me the model number for this one ?
Old 30th June 2008, 18:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey, is the product under warranty??
Old 30th June 2008, 18:11   #20
BHPian

John: Its Philips HTS 4750. It sells for 25K. One more thing i liked about this unit, it does not have a loader tray like other dvd. Its like our car audio ones, just pop in the dvd. This avoids dust getting into the DVD to a great extent.
http://www.futurebazaar.com/b2c_futu...mefrom=Product

Jay: Nope....its been 2 yrs now.
Old 30th June 2008, 20:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Did you take an AMC for this? Or is it on your own?

Last edited by hrman : 30th June 2008 at 20:53.
Old 30th June 2008, 21:31   #22
BHPian

hrman: I asked for AMC. They said Philips does not give AMC for Hi-end systems. One more ridiculous statement. I took it personally to the philips service center.

pls check you have a PM
Old 1st July 2008, 17:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

It has a better amplifier than the normal ones, but it sure has been packaged beautifully. But what is the cost of the DVD player alone ? it is not worth much repairing these latest electronic stuff unless it is some very basic problems.
Old 1st July 2008, 18:29   #24
BHPian

Dont just go with the papers and specs. I auditioned Onkyo to Sony and settled with this. There was no comparision with the output and clarity. It has well balanced sound and very tight mid and low. I in particular love the Center speaker which is very well balanced unlike Onkyo and Sony which was bright.

I still have my mom jumping whenever the Slimy Truck in Duel rampages. I guess this is more than enough for an apartment where I cant anyway go beyond 50% of the volume.

I love hooking my USB and iPod and listening to M.S.Subulakshmi to Blue Man Brothers was always a pleasure.

The problem developed because of ANts feasting on the powerboard not because of any man ufacturing defect. Infact this system was imported by Philips not made in India so the quality is great.

Between, you cannot buy this DVD separately.
Old 2nd July 2008, 08:25   #25
BHPian

John: Another important point is, since this is an international product, Philips periodically releases firmware update in their site. I recently upgraded to latest firmware which ensured latest DivX codecs were viewable in my DVD player. Also, one or two DVD which were not playing before started playing after this firmware update. Till now in the last 3 years, they have released 3 major updates.

I didnt see this with other Manufacturers like Sony or Samsung.
Old 2nd July 2008, 10:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a legal limit for service? How do we justify it with consumer court? If its a manufacturing defect I know I can bcos I screwed Onida for that but Service there is no such legal requirements right...
There is no point in legal fight, since the damage is done by ants.If you know which component is failed you can source it and give them the spare,i am sure that the service center guys have not tried to source the spare.(ask me how i know)
Old 2nd July 2008, 10:41   #27
BHPian

They wont take it. They will use only Philips authorised spare. Have emailed the CEO, CFO etc...lemme see if anything happen. Plus Hrman has also offered to help me...so fingers crossed
Old 3rd July 2008, 18:52   #28
BHPian

Hi all,
Once again thanks for T-Bhp. The Home Theatre was serviced and was delivered home. I got an email from the head of Philips Customer service on this and I am actually thrilled that he had taken this one off complaint serious.

Since the component had to be sourced from overseas, it had taken them so much time. My only quarrel is they should have had professionalism in informing the consumer that it will come in this date instead of sending me on a leather hunt all this long.

I am so glad, it was such a wonderful product and was almost my lifeline at home, I am happy she is back

Here is his reply:
"The Chennai service team initiated an action and the set was put in a working condition yesterday, was tested and then delivered to your residence.
Please note that the part required for your product is actually a sub assembly and does not fail, but du to the severity of the ants, the failure occurred. The spare part was sourced from overseas to enable repairs.

Regret the inconvenience caused to you for this delay"

Special Thanks: To the man who helped me. I owe you one brother. I am not sure if you wanted me to name, so giving an open thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks