Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2008, 11:44   #1
BHPian

Philips Service - Need Help

Guys,
I am just frustrated and out of options so thought will check with you people if anyone had similar experience and any solution.

I have Philips HTS 4750 Home Theater system. Trust me I just love it and the sound from this is awesome. 2 months back it just didnt switch on. So called up Philips service after 1 week and 10 calls everyday (trust me either they wont pick or will be engaged most of the time) they came.

When he opened the DVD player, trust me what we saw was Horror. ANts ants ants on the power board. He said this happens as sometimes ants find it cooler and get into it. Basically the power circuit board is screwed by ants. He said, cant repair here, bring to service center which was like 10 kms away. Being an addict, took it immediately to the service center and was told within 2-3 days it will be ready and would cost around 2-3k.

Thats when the torture started, its been 2 months now and my player is still in the service center, every time i call up they say, we placed the order we havent got the parts...i am so sick...got hold of the Service Manager and he too says the same..."Sir we cant do anything...we dont have the part"

I am sick and tired, tried calling Philips office in Chennai then are saying they dont deal with customer compliant and gave me toll free number for customer service. Called them they just take the compliant down and said will look into it, nothing happened.

Faxed head office my greviance, nothing has happened...

Any other suggestionss????? I am so lost without my player, add to it after paying 30K to get the top line product from Philips is this the way their service is?

Do share your thoughts...
Old 21st June 2008, 16:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Try contacting some local mechanic. They know how to procure obscure parts (sometime by breaking apart second hand systems).
Old 21st June 2008, 20:36   #3
BHPian

How about sending them a legal notice, claim heavy damages under Consumer Protection act and in the meantime get the local guy to source parts.
Old 21st June 2008, 21:06   #4
BHPian

Not many know to service this unit netfreak....
Old 21st June 2008, 21:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
How about sending them a legal notice, claim heavy damages under Consumer Protection act and in the meantime get the local guy to source parts.
Is there a legal limit for service? How do we justify it with consumer court? If its a manufacturing defect I know I can bcos I screwed Onida for that but Service there is no such legal requirements right...
Old 21st June 2008, 23:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

That's really a bad experience. But somehow I had much different experience with Philips Service in Bangalore. When my TV's power circuit board conked off due to voltage spike(not sure if that was reason but i think that was the reason) it was serviced promptly with proper estimation and delivered on time.
Old 22nd June 2008, 05:28   #7
BHPian

Ya, i know, it so happens I bought an expensive Home Theatre which very few people have bought so I am in an elite group who would taken for ride...if you buy the regular product you get better service
Old 22nd June 2008, 11:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Is there a legal limit for service? How do we justify it with consumer court? If its a manufacturing defect I know I can bcos I screwed Onida for that but Service there is no such legal requirements right...
I dont have any idea about the legal limit, but yeah please read the terms and conditions provided with the receipt and you will get an idea, if there is nothing mentioned as about their limitations or so, please go ahead and serve a notice.

My initial suggestion for a notice and heavy damage point was just to frighten the service guys and the company which will in turn make them work or reply you back in written. Time of 2 months is just too much IMO to procure a spare from any where in the world. So the point of non-avaliblity and poor service justifies the claim of damage.

I remember reading a case in newspaper where the person got the equipment/appliance repaired free of charge after he fought a case in the consumer court and proved that there was a manufactuing defect even after one and half years of the expiration of warranty. The court ruled out in his favour as any manufaturing defect even after warranty is over is the resposibility of the company to repair the product. Exceptional cases with proper documentation can be very-very helpful in proving your point.

Serve them a notice first and they might reply back with positive news.

All the best.
Old 30th June 2008, 02:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

I usually get results just by emailing the bosses
Pull email addresses off their website and email them.
Old 30th June 2008, 04:09   #10
BHPian

Nothing in the website...nothing in the office...nothing with the customer service.. i am back in India mid july...planning to go there in person and create ruckers.

Let me know if you are able to pull the bosses email from the Website.
Old 30th June 2008, 09:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Send a sting to Philips Inc CXOs Management - Royal Philips

NYSE, New York Stock Exchange > Listings > Listings Directory Royal Philips Electronics

Chances are, some minion will pick up the email and forward to Philips India.
Old 30th June 2008, 09:48   #12
BHPian

You really are a NetFreak arent you? Thanks mate. I will write a detailed email and send to everyone. Will post up if at all I get any reply.

Thanks!
Old 30th June 2008, 13:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

Is this a player with a built in amplifier ?
Old 30th June 2008, 17:48   #14
BHPian

Yes Esteem. I love this unit, I mean have used Yamaha, Onkyo blah blah...but somehow this unit is compact and serves my needs at home. Great unit but bad service.
Old 30th June 2008, 17:56   #15
Senior - BHPian

Philips India Contact details - Corporate , Retail and Service Centres | aavaas
Locations - Royal Philips

Call them up and pain the life out of them. Mention you got this from a popular public forum

Last edited by zenx : 30th June 2008 at 17:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks