Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2008, 12:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic service of Airtel/Reliance Mobile service providers.

I was having Reliance mobile connection (corporate connection) till end of June. I changed over to Airtel from this month (again a corporate connection) as I had got a better hand set which is not supported by Reliance CDMA connection. The number I choose from airtel is starting with 90082-xxxxx. Everything is OK except for the incoming calls that is being received especially from Reliance. Airtel is informing that this is new series and they have to get permission from reliance for the same. I'am not able to recevie the incoming calls dialled from reliance. The problem is most of my colleagues has the reliance connection and they are not able to call me. But I can call up reliance numbers from my mobile (airtel). I called up customer support of both airtel and reliance. They are blaming each other for this. It is already more than 10 days since this is happening. Airtel is taking teh complaingt and is not guaranteeing when this will be resolved. Reliance is informing that it will take anotehr couple of months to resolve this issue. In the mean time the customers is left high and dry to bear their internal conflicts. I'am still unable to understand why airtel gave this number as an option when they were aware that there was a problem. Pathetic service and unfortunately, we cannot sue these guys in our country.

Is anybody experincing this problem or have experienced this kind of problem earlier and how many days they take to rectify this problem. If this persists for another 10 days, I'am thinking of going for a new number with airtel which starts with other series or change over to Vodafone.
Old 5th July 2008, 13:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have a Airtel connection, am able to make & recieve calls from Reliance!

Try to get another series no from Airtel.
Old 5th July 2008, 13:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I have a Airtel connection, am able to make & recieve calls from Reliance!

Try to get another series no from Airtel.
Do you have the number starting with 90082-xxxxx series?

Yeah, I'am thinking of getting one more number but will that be OK is a big question and I need to pay another Rs.250 for this switchover which is ridiculous.
Old 5th July 2008, 13:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Airtel have probably opened up a new series. Most competitors will try and delay opening up their networks to the new series and in the meanwhile blame the original operator for it. This is normal in most countries until the Regular cracks its whip.

You can expect Reliance not to open up new number ranges of other operators - it is a self defeating game though as they end up losing traffic and pissing off customers in the bargain.
Old 5th July 2008, 14:23   #5
Team-BHP Support

So if you have to go complain to a regulator, any phone numbers to do so?
Old 5th July 2008, 14:27   #6
BHPian

TRAI :::::::
Old 5th July 2008, 14:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

This is what I got from their website:

THE TELECOM REGULATORY AUTHORITY OF INDIA
Mahanagar Doorsanchar Bhawan,
(next to Zakir Hussain College)
Jawaharlal Nehru Marg
(Old Minto Road)
New Delhi : 110 002
Telephone No. : 91-11-2321 1934, 2323 3466,2322 0534, 2321 3223
Fax No. : 91-11-2321 3294
E-mail : trai@del2.vsnl.net.in /trai@trai.gov.in

Also try this - directory of senior officials:
TRAI :::::::

Dont know how they respond to consumer complaints, though.

Last edited by Steeroid : 5th July 2008 at 14:31.
Old 5th July 2008, 17:52   #8
BHPian

TRAI does respond to complains. I have had several run-ins with Airtel in Shillong and they have literally come down to their knees to request me to withdraw my complaint. On one occasion Airtel's GPRS operations was withdrawn in the whole of NE-1 Circle due to a complaint. TRAI will send you a copy of the letter they write to the operator. The operator then follows up from there. They respond to TRAI and send you a copy of that communication and then work with you to sort out the matter.
Old 5th July 2008, 20:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Simply get a new series number. This issue wont be solved easily. I dont know what's wrong with these operators, but these things have happened to us also.

We have 3 Hutch, 4 Airtel and 2 Reliance connections. Initially calling from Vodafone to Airtel was a problem. Although later resolved, this is not what we expect.

Again here in our country customer is the loser.
Old 6th July 2008, 10:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for response guys. Will wait for another couple of days and then try out the new number in the existing series itself. This is because I went into their customer relationship office and informed them about the complaint and then they promised to resolve by 15/07 else they will give me a new number.

I will also complain to TRAI for this. Sending a mail is OK to the above mail id given by Steeroid or do we have to formally complain over phone. Do let me know.

These people cannot take customers for granted.

Let us see how this will go about....
Old 6th July 2008, 10:16   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Sending a mail is OK to the above mail id given by Steeroid or do we have to formally complain over phone. Do let me know.
Yes you can complain to them via email. They will respond.
Old 7th July 2008, 09:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Slightly offtopic but I have to say this:

Reliance network is good but the services are pathetic. That's the only place (Reliance Web world) on this planet which I don't like to visit. People are made to wait for 30 mins for a silly recharge even when there's no customer in the store!
Old 7th July 2008, 09:43   #13
BHPian

The strange thing about Reliance Tele communications is that you cannot contact any of the web world outlets by Telephone. You have to visit them! See the irony guys!!
Old 7th July 2008, 10:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiceye View Post
The strange thing about Reliance Tele communications is that you cannot contact any of the web world outlets by Telephone. You have to visit them! See the irony guys!!
I agree. Those morons had spelled by name incorrectly while updating their records. From Amit they made it Anil and were not ready to change it and were insisting that I use the name Anil when ever I call them. Worse, when I asked them to correct the name by showing my id proof in the nearest web world, they told me to visit Chembur web world (I live in Mira Road) as that's where I had submitted my documents while all telecom companies were updating their records.
Old 7th July 2008, 15:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

OK guys. Just sent a mail to TRAI on the above mail ids. Lets wait and watch what reply comes. Will update once I receive any kind of reply brom TRAI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks