Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 11:18   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
i do not know about other hp laptops, but with the dv9600 series of laptops, ubuntu has issues with the broadcom chipset, installation itself would hang.
i have tried mandriva and pclinux too on my laptop, finally settled for suse linux, working well for last couple of months. all these were downloaded as iso images and burned into bootable cd.
getting the wlan to work with the broadcom bcm43xx chipset is a pain, may need some amount of rnd good luck to you!
Mine is HP Pavilion dv6500t. So i need to make my laptop dual boot. Am i right
Old 31st October 2008, 11:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
if you register at the ubuntu site , they'll send you one for free. might take a lot of time though. another option would be to contact your local Linux user group ( LUG) . they should be happy to help out

else just download it from the net
Ok i will try and let you know the result
Old 31st October 2008, 12:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Mine is HP Pavilion dv6500t. So i need to make my laptop dual boot. Am i right
yes, that would be a dual boot, do not worry about it, the installation of linux will ask you during the process to locate your windows drive and you can chose the grub loader accordingly. i have been running linux and vista on my laptop without any problem for quite some time now.
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:36   #19
BHPian

Is it OK to go for extended warranty for laptop

HP Service folks are offering warranty for 2 yrs for my laptop purchased from US in India excluding warranty on hardware for 6K. Is that worth to go. I have Vista installed on my laptop
Old 4th November 2008, 11:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
HP Service folks are offering warranty for 2 yrs for my laptop purchased from US in India excluding warranty on hardware for 6K. Is that worth to go. I have Vista installed on my laptop
Today i got a quote from them
They are charging 6K + service tax for 2 years.
It includes Hardware(Hard Disk,Motherboard,DVD drive etc) + adaptor excluding battery and physical damage
They would cover the software which were installed when laptop was purchased.

Is this advisable to go ahead. Please reply
Old 4th November 2008, 11:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today i got a quote from them
They are charging 6K + service tax for 2 years.
It includes Hardware(Hard Disk,Motherboard,DVD drive etc) + adaptor excluding battery and physical damage
They would cover the software which were installed when laptop was purchased.

Is this advisable to go ahead. Please reply

I would say why not ?? You have already lived up 2 years life of the laptop and it might start up showing problems in another 7-8 months.

OT: why they are charging 2 year service tax ??
Old 4th November 2008, 11:47   #22
BHPian

Ashish it is service tax on 6000 @ 12.36 which comes out approx 674 so total cost is 6674 for 2 years
Old 6th April 2009, 13:42   #23
BHPian

my motherboard crashed

guys, i own the hp dv6114tx, my mother board crashed & the HP service at Indira Nagar have given me a quotation of 22,000/- rupees to change the motherboard.

I have been using this for the past 2.5 years, i am wondering if I can get this rectified at a cheaper rate.

Would appreciate your help.
Old 21st May 2012, 10:29   #24
BHPian

Re: HP Laptop Service center in Jayanagar/JP Nagar?

The 'M' character key of my DV7-1245DX HP Laptop has come off. Is there any HP Laptop service center in and around Jayanagar/JP Nagar of B'lore? The numbers on this thread is not working now.

Please let me know if you have the latest contacts of HP Laptop service in B'lore.
Old 21st May 2012, 12:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
The 'M' character key of my DV7-1245DX HP Laptop has come off. Is there any HP Laptop service center in and around Jayanagar/JP Nagar of B'lore? The numbers on this thread is not working now.

Please let me know if you have the latest contacts of HP Laptop service in B'lore.
Is it not simple clip kind of thing to fix character? I did myself fixed many keys in my wife's HP laptop (thanks to my son's insistence on exploring keyboard). However if you are unable to do it yourself, do you have problem going to SP road? Simple key board issue they will fix it faster than HP service center. They also fixed issue with monitor (not getting switched on) within 15 min!
Old 21st May 2012, 18:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Is it not simple clip kind of thing to fix character? I did myself fixed many keys in my wife's HP laptop (thanks to my son's insistence on exploring keyboard). However if you are unable to do it yourself, do you have problem going to SP road? Simple key board issue they will fix it faster than HP service center. They also fixed issue with monitor (not getting switched on) within 15 min!
I could not agree more. I took your advice, and visited SP Road and it was done in 10 minutes flat. I could not have done this on my own, as they had to replace it with a key stripped off a scrap piece.
Old 16th March 2023, 11:52   #27
BHPian

Re: HP Laptop Service center in Bangalore

Reviving this thread after 11 years :-)

Checking for a reliable service center for HP laptops.

My Pavilion X360 convertible is out of warranty and my daughter splashed it with some water recently. Now half of the keys are not working.

Trying to get some help from reliable service folks who can either do a door-step service or can help if I visit them at their center.

Any pointers highly appreciated.

Regards
Rex

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks