Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:55   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I know nothing about mobile phones. (you can verify that by the stupid qustions I asked here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...-here-347.html)

What I do understand is that BB does email very very well. However with 35 keys to navigate it is not much fun for SMS and other speed dial functions that other 12 key phones do so well.

I had Nokia visit me yesterday and show me Nokia's messanging on a E75. It works. It was not as good as the BB Bold but quite well.

I suspect the E75 will suit my needs so I will get a E75 and a Bold and play with both (for 2 weeks) starting sometime in week 39 of 2009. I will post a report on TBHP either this thread or the one linked above in Week 41-42.

For someone who has a distate for 35 keys the E75 seems to be an option to try. Otherwise BB is an excellent device that makes email very simple if only it did not complicate everything else.
Navin - Do post your review. My father seems to have the same problem like you, although I have made him a BB addict of late he still prefers typing on a non qwerty keypad.

Does this Nokia email service work on non E/N series phones such as 6600slide ? What plan do you need to activate from Vodafone,the Rs.50 gprs?
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Navin - Do post your review. My father seems to have the same problem like you, although I have made him a BB addict of late he still prefers typing on a non qwerty keypad.

Does this Nokia email service work on non E/N series phones such as 6600slide ? What plan do you need to activate from Vodafone,the Rs.50 gprs?
Nokia messaging service was a free thing and using the data plan of service provider. I am using it on VODAFONE MOBILE CONNECT (VMC) with 250 rs per month for 100 MB usage. This is where BB stands out, 299 unlimited emails. But as mentioned earlier the service is going to be discontinued end of this month. Or may be they will come up with something like BB internet service.

About the compatibility of your phone you can check out https://email.nokia.com/account/home.action
Old 15th October 2009, 10:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys
I have been quite happy with my E90 for more than 2 years now!!!
The only think that I feel lacking in my E90 was the push email. Like that of the Blackberry. So yesterday I activated the Blackberry service for my phone and after setting up my account on the vodafone website I have started receiving emails on my Communicator!!! ;-)))

Now the issue I face is the mails come in the messaging folder and which sadly is Text Only. I tried using ProfiMail but that does not work.
So I will like to ask are there any other users who are using the BB service on their communicator or are there any software available which I can use along with the BB service and see the mails in HTML!!!

Please help!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks