Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 23:11   #1
vak
BHPian

Emoze push email on Nokia E90

I have been using Emoze push email on my Nokia E90 for the last 6 months on BSNL unlimited gprs connection.

I installed Emoze so as to know how a real push email works and whether it is faster than the traditional pull email.

But to my surprise the default email client in e90 is faster than emoze when it is connected to gmail via the IMAP mode (wont be fast in POP mode) and when the messaging program runs in the back ground. I have tested this by sending a blank mail. It took only 2 seconds to get new mail alert in the default email client but it took 10 seconds to get an alert in Emoze.

I am not sure about whether blackberry is faster. Can any one tell me the exact time blackberry takes to get new mail alert.

Regards,
VAK
Old 7th February 2009, 11:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

VAK, try Profimail v3.xx. You get an almost-instant email delivery, if your email server is IMAP. You just need to enable IMAP-IDLE in the Profimail settings. I use Profimail on my E90 (downloading email off Gmail accounts set to IMAP) and it serves my needs very well.

More on Profimail here: Lonely Cat Games - ProfiMail
Old 7th February 2009, 19:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

I guess mail for exchange is also a push email. not sure though. Will check and confirm.
Old 9th September 2009, 10:46   #4
NIP
Senior - BHPian

This is the BEST solution as of now:

Nokia Messaging: Home
Old 9th September 2009, 11:04   #5
BHPian

^+1. Nokia messaging works like a charm on my E63.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:06   #6
BHPian

Since you have the E90, why not subscribe to BB connect? You could have upto 10 email ID's configured.
Or if you willing to spend USD 9/month + GPRS, you could have mail for exchange working over your unlimited GPRS. That would sync you mails, contacts, tasks, calendar. Drawback is just 1 email ID.
Nokia Messaging is good for some and unworkabale for others. For me , on my E71, it was unreliable . So had to go in for BB. I think upto 5 emails can be setup.

Profimail> Never went beyond the trial, since I found the UI very tacky and uninteresting.

From my last 3 years of email usage over phone, I figured that BB service was the cheapest @ 6999/ year for unlimited emails and browsing.

I was on a 199/month unlimited GPRS from Airtel and paying additional USD 10/month for Mail for exchange was more expensive than BB service.
So my choice was clear.
Old 9th September 2009, 19:25   #7
BHPian

+2. Nokia messaging works like a charm on my E63.
Old 9th September 2009, 21:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Mail for Exchange is push email for sure.

other solutions that you are talking about, the one that you have to instlal on your phones to fetch emails from your gmail or other email accounts look to be pull email functionalities and will really take long time..

if you guys want to check the push email with mail for exchange, let me know I can get you an Exchange account and you can try that with the mail for exchange - that would be really fast.. also, its not going to be POP/IMAP account (i really prefer exchange active sync over pop or IMAP kind of protocol), you will be able to sync your contacts, tasks, calendar and email.
Old 9th September 2009, 22:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

*cough* BlackBerry
Old 9th September 2009, 23:14   #10
BHPian

+3. Nokia Messaging is the way to go, free, instant and multilple mail support !
Old 10th September 2009, 18:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

what do you mean by nokia messaging? what application is used? and what all public messaging platform it supports?
Old 11th September 2009, 13:07   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
*cough* BlackBerry
I know nothing about mobile phones. (you can verify that by the stupid qustions I asked here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...-here-347.html)

What I do understand is that BB does email very very well. However with 35 keys to navigate it is not much fun for SMS and other speed dial functions that other 12 key phones do so well.

I had Nokia visit me yesterday and show me Nokia's messanging on a E75. It works. It was not as good as the BB Bold but quite well.

I suspect the E75 will suit my needs so I will get a E75 and a Bold and play with both (for 2 weeks) starting sometime in week 39 of 2009. I will post a report on TBHP either this thread or the one linked above in Week 41-42.

For someone who has a distate for 35 keys the E75 seems to be an option to try. Otherwise BB is an excellent device that makes email very simple if only it did not complicate everything else.

Last edited by navin : 11th September 2009 at 13:10.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:49   #13
BHPian

Hi all,
Today morning I received a message from nokia messaging as follows. "Thank you for participating in the Nokia Messaging beta trial. We
have enjoyed serving you, and have learned much from the feedback and
input from you and tens of thousands of Nokia phone owners. This message is to inform you that the trial period will come to end at the end of
September and may not be available on your operator network.
Please keep in touch with your operator about this service availability.
Thank you for using Nokia Messaging and we look forward to serving you again
in the future.
Sincerely,
Nokia messaging team"
I have been very used and in fact addicted to the nokia messaging service. I hope the service continues albeit at a nominal charge.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:56   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
*cough* BlackBerry
though I am not a blackberry fan, but the purpose of push emails is the best with BBEP services.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
Hi all,
Today morning I received a message from nokia messaging as follows. "Thank you for participating in the Nokia Messaging beta trial. We
have enjoyed serving you, and have learned much from the feedback and
input from you and tens of thousands of Nokia phone owners. This message is to inform you that the trial period will come to end at the end of
September and may not be available on your operator network.
Please keep in touch with your operator about this service availability.
Thank you for using Nokia Messaging and we look forward to serving you again
in the future.
Sincerely,
Nokia messaging team"
I have been very used and in fact addicted to the nokia messaging service. I hope the service continues albeit at a nominal charge.
Hey,

I received the same message. I was in plans for upgrading to BB and found Nokia messaging service and hence cancelled the plans and invested my cash in ipod touch. now i get this email.

SO i am stuck for time being. I hate downloading emails manually. I am sure Nokia messaging service will come up with something soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks