Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 20:10   #16

Re: Cell phone boosters

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamizha View Post
I have exactly the same problem. I reside at 11th floor (in Chennai). All my neighbours residing above 6-7 floor seems to have this problem. Point is we have this problem with every operator and none are able to help us with this problem and we cant ask for installing the signal booster for the whole apartment, as many would be against such huge spending. So couple of our neighbours have agreed with us to install a antenna and booster point in each of our houses.

I see that you have posted this issue few months back. I hope you found a solution for this. Please let us know on the solution that you have come up to.

I seriously want to get rid of this issue.
I posted this last year and since then sold my apartment, left India and now work in Singapore where the reception is great

Well back then, I did use Google and called some vendors in Mumbai, they all quoted around 10,000 rs or more so did not bother.

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2014 at 12:41. Reason: see note in post
Old 29th August 2014, 15:34   #17
BHPian

Re: External antenna/signal booster for GSM mobiles

Friends, I am facing similar problem and looking for some solutions. Are there any?
Old 17th March 2017, 08:22   #18
BHPian

Anyone using a vehicle GSM signal booster effective in hills? There are mostly 2G towers like in Badrinath. Rarely 3G after Rishikesh/Shimla.
Old 19th November 2019, 11:05   #19
BHPian

Reviving this old thread as I have this problem with Airtel at my home. I get decent signal only in terrace but is very bad inside home.

I came across one from OXYWAVE which requires three components : external antenna-booster-internal antenna. Has anyone used it or similar products?
Old 4th September 2020, 13:03   #20
BHPian

*Bump*

I can't believe I am bumping such an old thread and these problems continue to exist in urban India.

My parents home in Bangalore (Yelahanka New Town) is located in a residential locality. Our house is 3 floors (G+2) and the houses flanking our plot are 4 floors. The cell phone reception is extremely poor in ground floor and manageable in first floor (parents live in the first floor home). Recently a tenet moved into our ground floor home and he is unable to make calls from his home. My parents feel extremely sorry looking at him trying to work through the day sitting on the stairs or some times at the terrace for his day to day work.

We want to help him out and thinking of installing a signal booster at his home. Please advice if any of you have used one and its effectiveness.
Old 4th September 2020, 14:02   #21
BHPian

The quickest way to resolve this is to subscribe to Airtel or Jio and make use of their VoWifi to improve the cell reception. That would require a wifi connection to be made available, but at least it will work.
From my limited research on an external signal booster is, the cheap ones work only to boost GSM signals. If required for 4G, the equipment is pretty expensive for home owners to consider it for self.
This link https://www.amazon.in/Mobile-Network...etwork+Booster for starters.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 14:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
My parents home in Bangalore (Yelahanka New Town) is located in a residential locality. The cell phone reception is extremely poor in ground floor and manageable in first floor (parents live in the first floor home).
We have installed quite a few signal boosters in our office. Bought them for 8500 Each. With One booster you can connect 3 Indoor Antennas.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th September 2020 at 15:16. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 4th September 2020, 14:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
The quickest way to resolve this is to subscribe to Airtel or Jio and make use of their VoWifi to improve the cell reception. That would require a wifi connection to be made available, but at least it will work.

This link https://www.amazon.in/Mobile-Network...etwork+Booster for starters.
I should have mentioned earlier, both my parents use Airtel connection and we also have WiFi at home. Since our calling is limited to whatsapp we do not have a problem. Although my dad used to complain about the signal issue before he and his group of friends switching over to whatsapp.

I also looked up Airtel coverage map, our street is marked as moderate coverage area.

I was looking at network booster too. Not sure of it really works. If a company that can give a demo then we can purchase the same. I don't see anyone in Blore. Hence looking for advice from Tbhpian who may have a done this before.
Old 5th September 2020, 22:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I should have mentioned earlier, both my parents use Airtel connection and we also have WiFi at home.
Have you tried VoWiFi as mentioned in the thread earlier ? With that, phone calls and SMS will automatically be sent over WiFi.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 09:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Have you tried VoWiFi as mentioned in the thread earlier ? With that, phone calls and SMS will automatically be sent over WiFi.
We wanted to resolve this for the tenant, as he doesn't get signal in the ground floor. My parents use WhatsApp for all their calling hence no issues. The issue was that the ground floor house didn't have invertor and due to power cuts the tenant had to relay on GSM to join his calls. And as mentioned previously the signal was non-existent in the ground floor.

*Update*
I wrote to AirTel, my parents visited the local office and lodge another complaint but nothing worked. After spending more than a week looking at signal boosters, I decided to drop the idea. Instead we have set-up invertor at the tenants place, wirings were in place, the previous tenants didn't want to install one hence it was unused. We just got a local dealer who services our invertor to set-up a new one for the tenant. Now he can use WhatsApp/ MS Team's calling for most of his work.

Rant Alert
Its sounds idiotic that GOI wants Indian's to adopt electric cars and bikes when they can't provide uninterrupted power for households in urban cities like Bangalore. Not to forgot our dependency on coal/ Hydro for electric generation. I firmly believe that Hybrid tech is the way to go, unfortunately GOI is not supporting the same.

Last edited by mac187 : 29th September 2020 at 09:24.
mac187 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed