Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 10:37   #1
Team-BHP Support

Airtel IPTV, most pathetic service!(Now resolved)

Recently I got a call from the airtel fellows. They had a sweet deal for me.
Switch to IPTV. Instead of 1499, my internet would become 1599, and I would get 135 channels with 35 channels having 7 day way back feature.
I asked the executive to come and meet me.
He was quite pushy, and kept on extolling the virtues of airtel IPTV. Since I am a happy broadband customer, I paid 2000rs installation charged last Tuesday.
The deal would be that the I would get a set top box which would function as a wifi router also, and no rental, its for me to keep.
Installation would be done in 48 hours.
Well its 7 days now. Executives don't pick up the call most of the times, and when they do they make all kinds of excuses, including a bomb in their office.
I have lodged a complaint with 121, and they have given me a compaint number(this was done on saturday). I don't know what should I do with complaint number? Should I put a lottery or something?
IPTV is still nowhere to be seen.
Yesterday I called their engineer a certain chap called Amit, and he rudly told me that he does not know when will it be installed. I should ask Dheeraj(the guy who took the money).

Everytime I call up this Dheeraj chap he says the engineer is coming within 30 minutes to install.
To be frank this is worse than the service I had from BSNL!
Old 19th May 2009, 12:15   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Recently I got a call from the airtel fellows. They had a sweet deal for me.
Switch to IPTV. Instead of 1499, my internet would become 1599, and I would get 135 channels with 35 channels having 7 day way back feature.
==================
Everytime I call up this Dheeraj chap he says the engineer is coming within 30 minutes to install.
To be frank this is worse than the service I had from BSNL!
which area this issue belogs? i would say visit their main office in that area and get things sorted out. Sales executives are making false statements to get deals. They never know what's the ground reality.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th May 2009 at 15:38. Reason: Quoting whole large post for short reply. Thanks
Old 19th May 2009, 12:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Maybe they are yet to procure the equipment & mobilising funds for the same.
Old 19th May 2009, 12:44   #4
BANNED

This is a regular story wherein inorder to strike sales, wrong commitments are given.

1. visit their office and talk to manager. Phone calls wont resolve anything.
2. Better to understand their side and then put your stand. If you are not satisfied with managers explanation ask for Area Sales manager contact details and escalate immediately.
3. Get prepared to drop a mail/call/visit to their main/head office.

On Lighter note: Scare them off saying you are moderator and powerful enough to "Ban" Them ! :-)

Last edited by idea1979 : 19th May 2009 at 12:46.
Old 19th May 2009, 13:42   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Great i was gonna try this out ! But now i wont... Hardly watch TV anyway
Old 19th May 2009, 13:50   #6
Team-BHP Support

I think first I will call up 121 again and ask what has been done regarding my complaint. Are they just sitting on it?
If they don't have the necessary equipment in place, why are they making false promises of 2 days to install?

If somebody can give me some number of a higher authority to which I can escalate the complaint, it will be great!
Old 19th May 2009, 13:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear such abysmal service from a leading provider in India.I mean what do these guys lack? They have millions of subscibers and funds keep pouring in.
If the sales guys are getting deals just to do their numbers and making false promises,one must be even more nasty and lodge a police complaint to set right.
I did this once with our elevator company and since then the service has improved.
Old 19th May 2009, 14:13   #8
BHPian

@ tsk: maybe the forum to which the link is given below may be an answer to your problems. Looks like you may have to browse there even after the connection is through.

Airtel IPTV - Broadband Forum India
Old 19th May 2009, 15:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

I'd suggest call up Airtel nodal officers for the land line business and ask them for someone senior in the IPTV dept. -
:: Airtel :: Reach Airtel
Old 19th May 2009, 16:20   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I'd suggest call up Airtel nodal officers for the land line business and ask them for someone senior in the IPTV dept. -
:: Airtel :: Reach Airtel
Thanks, I will do the same!
Old 19th May 2009, 18:24   #11
BHPian

Airtel has an office in Sector 58, please visit them as well. I was also planning to go for IPTV but had different scheme offered. 999 for 512 kbps BB Internet connection with unlimited download, 135 channels, wifi box and a phone connection (Which has 150 Rs Calls Free per month) but now bit skeptical after hearing your Story, the person who is after me for this is also quite pushy.
Old 20th May 2009, 00:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Contacting Nodal officers and Appealate authority should get the job done very soon hopefully. I had similar delays with something related to Vodafone, and contacting the Nodal officer got the problem fixed in a few hours. Got a nice apologetic woman on the other end who asked for feedback and fixed a couple of other niggling issues which I hadn't even complained about. Though since this is another corporation altogether, your mileage may vary.
Old 20th May 2009, 02:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Executives don't pick up the call most of the times, and when they do they make all kinds of excuses, including a bomb in their office.

I don't know what should I do with complaint number? Should I put a lottery or something?
IPTV is still nowhere to be seen.

@tsk: You are the wittiest person I have ever seen.Going through your threads make me roll on the floor laughing.Even in frustrating times you manage to churn out the best humour I have ever heard.

On Topic:
Walk straight to the airtel shoppe of your residential area, give them the reciept of the payment you made and tell them that you are no longer interested in the connection and ask them for the refund.
They will ask for a reason to fill up in their cancellation form and tell them that due to their shoddy pre-installation service you have no faith in them and really shudder to think of interacting with them in case any failures happen post installation of the equipment.
My dad did the same and bang! everything was installed the next day and now they are enjoying IPTV.No complains from him since then.
Old 20th May 2009, 10:01   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Airtel has an office in Sector 58, please visit them as well. I was also planning to go for IPTV but had different scheme offered. 999 for 512 kbps BB Internet connection with unlimited download, 135 channels, wifi box and a phone connection (Which has 150 Rs Calls Free per month) but now bit skeptical after hearing your Story, the person who is after me for this is also quite pushy.
Wow you got a swell deal! I am getting 1599 for 512kbps unlimited. Something is fishy here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Contacting Nodal officers and Appealate authority should get the job done very soon hopefully. I had similar delays with something related to Vodafone, and contacting the Nodal officer got the problem fixed in a few hours. Got a nice apologetic woman on the other end who asked for feedback and fixed a couple of other niggling issues which I hadn't even complained about. Though since this is another corporation altogether, your mileage may vary.
I indend to do that today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post

@tsk: You are the wittiest person I have ever seen.Going through your threads make me roll on the floor laughing.Even in frustrating times you manage to churn out the best humour I have ever heard.

On Topic:
Walk straight to the airtel shoppe of your residential area, give them the reciept of the payment you made and tell them that you are no longer interested in the connection and ask them for the refund.
They will ask for a reason to fill up in their cancellation form and tell them that due to their shoddy pre-installation service you have no faith in them and really shudder to think of interacting with them in case any failures happen post installation of the equipment.
My dad did the same and bang! everything was installed the next day and now they are enjoying IPTV.No complains from him since then.
thats the next option
Old 20th May 2009, 14:59   #15
BHPian

Quote:
I think first I will call up 121 again and ask what has been done regarding my complaint. Are they just sitting on it?
If they don't have the necessary equipment in place, why are they making false promises of 2 days to install?

If somebody can give me some number of a higher authority to which I can escalate the complaint, it will be great!
Call up 121 and check about the status of the complaint or else look on your previous bill you will have contact details of Nodal officer, escalate the issue. they will surely sort it out.
The service at my place has been fantastic. Everytime I complain the issue is sorted out in 24 hrs.

Btw The bomb news is true, it was reported in local papers yesterday(or day before).

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
The plan seems fishy, please call up customer care and confirm the particular plan, if they are actually selling this plan I am shifting to this one. AFAIK the acutal 999 plan is 256 UL and some channels and some 100-150 min free call. Please check the website to confirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks