Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 22:46   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
You got lots of suggestions on how to send the video from your set top box to your tv which is away from the box. Some of them are really practical. But....

Even if you manage to send the video (either wirelessly or through co-axials) There is this problem that your set top box is away from the TV, right?

I have a basic question here,
How do you change the channels sitting in front of the TV??
The wireless video senders are capable of bouncing the infrared as well. So you'll still point to the receiver connected to the tv which in turn would send it back to the sender connected to the set top box.

I'm yet to find a shop in bangalore that carries these video senders. I got a lot of them on ebay, but dont want to risk it. I'm particularly interested in the 5.8 GHz ones and if i'm not able to find one then i might as well order from ebay.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:02   #17
BHPian

I'm yet to find a shop in bangalore that carries these video senders. I got a lot of them on ebay, but dont want to risk it. I'm particularly interested in the 5.8 GHz ones and if i'm not able to find one then i might as well order from ebay.[/quote]

Wow, this is great. I am also in a similar situation. I must get this one for myself as well.

Is it available on ebay India, i could only find them on Amazon.
Old 9th July 2009, 17:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post

Wow, this is great. I am also in a similar situation. I must get this one for myself as well.

Is it available on ebay India, i could only find them on Amazon.
It's available on ebay.com video sender, great deals on Electronics, Computers Networking on eBay!
but not on ebay india.
Old 9th July 2009, 17:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

I think DX make much more sense here (As compared to Ebay US). Only thing is, you need to wait for 4 - 5 weeks since things are sent via normal postal parcels.

DealExtreme: $58.25 BADA 2.4GHz 2W Wireless Audio/Video AV Transmitter & Receiver Kit (100V~240V AC)

EDIT:

DealExtreme: $51.31 2.4GHz Digital Wireless Audio/Video AV Transmitter & Receiver Kit

This one not only transmits audio/video. It also transmits IR that means your remote will work in other room as well.

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 9th July 2009 at 17:59.
Old 9th July 2009, 19:11   #20
D-Man

Dude get a Slingbox ! I was once not getting Hindi channels in my area. I installed slingbox at my cousin's place. I connected slingbox to the box + internet. I connected the LCD to a sling box + switch. Bingo I had TV channels without an antenna. I could even watch my DVD + tapes + tv + Palm. Goto Sling Media - Home of the Slingbox

Old 18th July 2009, 20:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
I think DX make much more sense here (As compared to Ebay US). Only thing is, you need to wait for 4 - 5 weeks since things are sent via normal postal parcels.

DealExtreme: $58.25 BADA 2.4GHz 2W Wireless Audio/Video AV Transmitter & Receiver Kit (100V~240V AC)

EDIT:

DealExtreme: $51.31 2.4GHz Digital Wireless Audio/Video AV Transmitter & Receiver Kit

This one not only transmits audio/video. It also transmits IR that means your remote will work in other room as well.
Are you sure they ship to India ? Frequently Asked Questions - DealExtreme Help and Support
Old 18th July 2009, 21:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yes. They do ship to India. But shipping is via normal post office.

Bombay post office is quite okay and they don't create issues with customs etc. Its better to order a low value item first to see hoe is that handled in your city.

Have ordered a bluetooth dongle (cost USD 1.5 including shipping). Got it last week.

Working fine so far. Have ordered a GPS navigation "All In One". Should get that in next couple of weeks.
Old 11th August 2017, 23:06   #23
BHPian

Re: Connecting Tata Sky wirelessly

Resurrecting an old thread, however that was the need of the hour!

I have a belkin wifi dongle used to make my desktop wifi. Can i use the same dongle in my tatasky wifi enabled to connect to the VOD service?

How do i configure it? Any pointers please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks