Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2010, 11:22   #7246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Am an all out Nokia guy.I was wondering to take N8 or to wait for better featured nokia phones in the months to come.
Apple i phone is good but never felt like changing over from Nokia
You might want to check out C7. It has all features of N8 (Resistive display, Symbian 3 etc). Though camera is usual cell cam. This would be available for 14 - 15k.
Old 4th November 2010, 11:44   #7247
BHPian

^^ Are you sure the C7 is avialable for 14-15k. From what I have heard it has been launched with a price tag of 19k. I was looking at buying the C7 for my wife and was anticipating the pricing to be around 15k but the crazy pricing by Nokia has put me off completely.
Old 4th November 2010, 11:54   #7248
Senior - BHPian

This is what I heard from a dealer sometime back.

However, 19k seems to be correct price at the moment :

Nokia C7-00 Price in India: Mahogany Brown Color | Flipkart Mobiles
Old 4th November 2010, 15:54   #7249
BHPian

Got the N8 Orange colour for Rs 24,500 in Guwahati a week back. It hanged a few times in the begining but now stable. Had to open three screws and remove two plastic covers to get the battery out and in again for rebooting.

The GPS in video recording was switched off and now i can record continuously without any problem. Few widgets that i don't or can't use due to slow internet connection was also removed.

Picture quality is decent for a camera phone as compared to my 5230 which was 2mp and without flash.

So happy with Nokia N8 other than the small screen size. Galaxi S, Xperia has less mp no flash, HTC Desire HD not yet released, but Dell's streak and Galaxy tab out now but still with less camera power.

Compared to the old Nokias that i used E62 & 5230... N8 is faster, opens full web pages without any problem, loads and stream you tube videos effortlessly, sounds better and ofcourse the screen is clearer.

But if you are a music fan better go for Xperia. My decision maker was its 12mp camera.

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 4th November 2010 at 16:05.
Old 4th November 2010, 19:45   #7250
Senior - BHPian

I bought a dark grey N8 last week (23K, Devendra) - mixed feelings after I started using it. I really like the small slider to lock the phone!!! Switching on the camera is not intuitive - press and hold the shutter button for a couple of seconds! The camera cover behind the glass is nice.

1. Most vexing issue: I am not sure if I am the only one with signal issues. Under signal conditions where my N82 would breeze through, the N8 drops calls like hot potatoes. Sometimes it just drops out of the network altogether. Anyone else facing this issue?

2. It has a (supposedly) nifty feature of stopping a profile at a predetermined time. However, I was unable to figure out how to automatically do a simple thing: Switch from General profile to Silent profile at 0900 and the reverse at 1900

3. The RSS widget (is it a widget or an app?) appears hard coded, e.g. Reuters, CNN etc. How does one link it to a feed that I can specify?

4. Is it possible to have the most used contacts as a different set for each home page? In that case one can have personal contacts on one, office on the second and another set on the third!

5. The headset that came in the box seems to be either faulty or I don't know how to use it. The control buttons on the pod in between don't seem to work for some reason. The headset sounds pretty good, better than the one that came with N82

Last edited by DerAlte : 4th November 2010 at 20:09.
Old 4th November 2010, 19:52   #7251
Senior - BHPian

Can some HTC owners can clarify these for me please?

1. how to wake up the phone screen when it goes in standby when a call is on (or even otherwise). the four main keys don't work.
2. when I receive a call, I need the number pad to respond with '#', is there a setting to keep phone keypad always when when on call? In this situation pulling the keyboard out keeps it still unlit.
3. when I have a notification (alarm, mail, message, appointment, missed call etc), I have to go thru the system status to cancel them. takes a couple taps. any setting to bring them on front so i could just cancel them.
4. I have not been able to get a snooze button/settings on alarm, where should it appear? I again go thru the status to cancel it.

I am going to flash it with a cooked ROM, but not until the weekend, and I guessing I will still need these questions clarified.

EDIT: it's touch pro/raphael/fuze.

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 4th November 2010 at 19:53.
Old 5th November 2010, 23:25   #7252
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Just sharing a couple of pics shot with my nokia n8

This one was shot on the way(after thozhupedu bridge) to chennai on monday morning.
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-n8-mon.jpg

And this one while returning to pondy before diwali.
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-04112010038.jpg
Old 6th November 2010, 04:41   #7253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Hi guys,

Just sharing a couple of pics shot with my nokia n8

This one was shot on the way(after thozhupedu bridge) to chennai on monday morning.

And this one while returning to pondy before diwali.
sorry to say, N8 cam didn't impressed me
Old 6th November 2010, 12:11   #7254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Yeah i know these pics are shaky. they were shot while driving. Will post some clear pics that will show the real brilliance of the n8's camera.
Old 6th November 2010, 12:24   #7255
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Want to ask ghpk, which cam impressed you?
Old 6th November 2010, 14:05   #7256
Senior - BHPian

^^ SE C905 & N82 are better.
For me, Mega pixel is just a myth.
Old 7th November 2010, 11:36   #7257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
This is what I heard from a dealer sometime back.

However, 19k seems to be correct price at the moment :

Nokia C7-00 Price in India: Mahogany Brown Color | Flipkart Mobiles
a friend bought a C7 for 19k in Mulund, so thats the going price for it. I've yet to check it out though, hopefully will do today

I hope Nokia has improved, the touch functionality on my 5230 and another friends N97 leaves much to be desired
Old 7th November 2010, 12:52   #7258
Senior - BHPian

5230 and N97 have resistive touch screens. Newer phones likes C7 and N8 have capacitive screens. Capacitive screens are better (and more expensive).

This change in hardware alone should improve touch performance. Other than that, I do hope they have had enough time to work on software issues w.r.t. touch+scroll.
Old 7th November 2010, 19:02   #7259
BHPian

Hi all, i am in the market for a touch phone and i have shortlisted Nokia 5235. Can someone please tell me that what is the current price of 5235. Quick answers are appreciated !

Last edited by EFF-EIGHT-BEE : 7th November 2010 at 19:05. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 7th November 2010, 19:37   #7260
Senior - BHPian

Its price is around 8,500.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks