Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 22:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I regularly open Team-BHP on my Nokia E71 using Opera Mini. It opens pages at decent speeds. I have tried a lot of browsers but due to the low speed of Egprs connections its a pain on most of them.
Been using opera mini its great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
Have you ever faced a problem while navigating TBHP forum pages in Opera Mini? I often find myself stuck on the same page even though I click on the link for the next page. The issue often resolves itself after 3-4 clicks but it can be frustrating and time-consuming.
I too face this issue sometimes, but it resolves after sometime. But your are right, its very frustrating at times

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp View Post
you can also read the forum through RSS reader
I've tried RSS reader, but am only get updates on new sites that are opened. How do I get updates to sites that I am subscribed to???
Old 9th February 2010, 07:51   #17
BHPian

Hey guys, I usually access Team-BHP through Opera Mini. It used to display whole pages, like on the computer, but off late, I'm being redirected to Team-BHP Mobile. No pics are being displayed as a result. I prefer the full page view compared to the mobile view. Can someone please help me out on this?
Old 9th February 2010, 09:43   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i use an N82 and used to regularly access TBHP via mobile and occasionally post too.
now for the last 5-7 days Ive been getting directed to TBHP Mobile which doesnt display pictures at all.
But it is certainly much faster than earlier.
How does one get the pictures without compromising the speed?
Old 9th February 2010, 11:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

How can one post the pics on team-bhp using mobile?
I use mobile access via opera mini.
Old 9th February 2010, 12:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nowadays the mobile version of tbhp shows up in my Opera Mini and there's no way to go back to the web version! I hate the mobile version because it doesn't display images! How can I see the full version of the site in Opera Mini now? There's no link to the full version in the mobile page, unlike many other site's mobile pages have.
Old 9th February 2010, 13:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hey guys, I usually access Team-BHP through Opera Mini. It used to display whole pages, like on the computer, but off late, I'm being redirected to Team-BHP Mobile. No pics are being displayed as a result. I prefer the full page view compared to the mobile view. Can someone please help me out on this?
I am also facing the same problem on my HTC Touch HD. Till about a week ago, I used to access tbhp fine on Opera Mini, but now it takes me to mobile version of site. And there is no way of going to full site.

\N
Old 9th February 2010, 15:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
...I used to access tbhp fine on Opera Mini, but now it takes me to mobile version of site
+1. Missing the old site on my e61i.

Looks like tbhp server sniffs the browser name/type and returns mini/mobile pages. There should be option to switch to usual web screens too.

-BJ
Old 9th February 2010, 19:47   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hold on for a bit, guys. The mobile skin is in the early stages and needs to be fine tuned. We'll put up an announcement once completed.

For now, the simple skin has been chosen for simplicity (compatibility with a wide variety of phones) and speed (only text = fast loading times).
Old 9th February 2010, 21:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Team BHP mobile is simple and fast. I like it. Less graphics=Fast browsing and that is what mobile users want while surfing on GPRS.

Although i just have a small doubt..if i am surfing tbhp using Wifi on my cell, then how do i change to regular HTML? By default, team BHP mobile website opens up.
Old 9th February 2010, 22:24   #25
BHPian

We love the desktop version of TBhp on our mobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hold on for a bit, guys. The mobile skin is in the early stages and needs to be fine tuned. We'll put up an announcement once completed.

For now, the simple skin has been chosen for simplicity (compatibility with a wide variety of phones) and speed (only text = fast loading times).
Thats ok, but we are so used to the desktop version of T-Bhp on our Mobile browsers. I use Opera Mini on my E71 and the latest mobile browsers have full support for desktop browsing and they are fast too.

For the past week we have been automatically redirected to the Mobile version of Tbhp, which frankly many of us don't like. Personally, I have stopped using my mobile for browsing T-Bhp because of this. Can you provide us to choose the desktop version of the site instead of redirecting it?
Old 10th February 2010, 19:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

T-bhp mobile is horrible to say the least. mods, even after the mobile version is out in full form, pls keep the option of viewing the normal version on mobile too.
Old 12th February 2010, 19:55   #27
BHPian

Excited!

I am excited to find that I can access Team-Bhp from my mobile, Nokia 5230! .
I had downloaded Opera-mini.
The screen was captured by a tool I had downloaded from Nokia's site.
Attached Thumbnails
Accessing Team BHP from mobile-scr000005.jpg  

Accessing Team BHP from mobile-scr000004.jpg  

Old 13th February 2010, 01:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I am excited to find that I can access Team-Bhp from my mobile, Nokia 5230! .
I had downloaded Opera-mini.
The screen was captured by a tool I had downloaded from Nokia's site.
How did you change to basic HTML from mobile view? Even i have Opera, but by default the mobile site opens up.
Old 13th February 2010, 11:02   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
How did you change to basic HTML from mobile view? Even i have Opera, but by default the mobile site opens up.
I did nothing special,
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home - opens the non-mobile page.
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - opens mobile page.

Note from Mod : The Team-BHP Mobile Skin has now been successfully installed. For full details, click here.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd March 2010 at 13:08. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks