Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2005, 09:55   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

U mean for 60$ you get a BRAND NEW Ipod in exchange for your old one? I dont think this sames sence. I had taken my Ipod to the apple store and asked them how much it would cost to change the body when it gets scratched, the amount they were qouting was almost as much as a new Ipod.
Old 31st August 2005, 10:06   #17
Team-BHP Support

You arguments hold water if we were in US. You have to send it back to Apple USA. The shipping costs will be large. And there is no free lunch. You have to pay 59$ for the battery replacement.
Regarding your third party software thingi, your ITUNES software does not allow song transfer from IPOD to PC. You have to use third party software like IPOD RIP.
IPOD is a lifestyle statement no doubt, but it is seriously overrated and overpriced.
Old 31st August 2005, 10:07   #18
Team-BHP Support

Go for the IPOD dude, it has the best snob value. I would suggest buy it from india with warranty rather than import, unless you go to US frequently.
Old 31st August 2005, 17:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You arguments hold water if we were in US. You have to send it back to Apple USA. The shipping costs will be large. And there is no free lunch. You have to pay 59$ for the battery replacement.
like i said its not weekly, monthly thing
u might have to send it back after 2 year most likely

besides do you seriously think that a person who can afford to buy an iPod in India will use the same player even after 2 years? Highly Unlikely

Quote:
Regarding your third party software thingi, your ITUNES software does not allow song transfer from IPOD to PC. You have to use third party software like IPOD RIP.
isn't the concept of mp3 player is that you PUT SONGS FROM COMPUTER ONTO PLAYER
besides the reverse incompatibility is perfectly fine as it might have been created to block use moving files from one computer to another (Copyright Issues)

Quote:
IPOD is a lifestyle statement no doubt, but it is seriously overrated and overpriced.
everyone has his own opinion, I think that all the hype surrounding iPod is very well deserved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks