Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 17:33   #16
BHPian

Thanks for all the suggestions.

The problem started in sharing passwords to this so-called friend. Now the whole situation is a mess. Parents badly want the profile removed. I guess pursuing this with cybercrime cell is the only option.

Does facebook have a threshold system for reporting fake/hacked accounts? Should I try to get more people to report this account? Will it help?

After looking around for over a week, I have realized how inadequate the grevience redressal system of facebook really is. Its all good till no issues crop up.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
After looking around for over a week, I have realized how inadequate the grevience redressal system of facebook really is. Its all good till no issues crop up.
There is no support system at Facebook unless you know someone there personally who can help out. They have about 1100 employees and upwards of 400 MILLION users. If you search around on the internet, you may get email IDs of some of their senior execs. If you do, you could try emailing them directly. Still a long shot though. The only way to make them take notice is through official/legal means and the first step for that is a police complaint.
Old 12th April 2010, 18:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Btw why cant this be sorted out between the so called friends? I mean has this guy(who is misusing the id) gone absconding?

Dose you friend know about this guy's family to whom it can be escalated?
Old 12th April 2010, 18:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Btw why cant this be sorted out between the so called friends? I mean has this guy(who is misusing the id) gone absconding?

or, if its really bad, a police case can be filed for defamation which will bring the person back from hiding. Our police may be backward with internet but I am sure they can go after a person pretty well.
Old 15th April 2010, 10:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post

Yes. The guy is absconding.

Finally the profile is deleted. Looks like reporting finally worked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks