Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-511.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by punterccrx8s (Post 2671289)
Guys should i go in for the galaxy r?Buying it today.Is it future proof?

Short answer: Yes
Long answer: In the long run, we're all dead :uncontrol:uncontrol

Boss - future proofing is applicable only for next 2 years. By that context, yes. Of course, if u wish to use your phone for another 5 years, Galaxy R should be quite decent even then but may not run the bleeding edge/fastest apps then etc. Dual core phones today have crossed a basic minimum threshold of performance that ensures their relevance for many years. How long depends on how cutting edge your usage and preference is.

Defy + gets a price cut

Motorola Defy Plus gets a price-cut in India, now cheaper by 2K | AndroidOS.in

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2671293)
Short answer: Yes
Long answer: In the long run, we're all dead :uncontrol:uncontrol

Boss - future proofing is applicable only for next 2 years. By that context, yes. Of course, if u wish to use your phone for another 5 years, Galaxy R should be quite decent even then but may not run the bleeding edge/fastest apps then etc. Dual core phones today have crossed a basic minimum threshold of performance that ensures their relevance for many years. How long depends on how cutting edge your usage and preference is.

Thank you.And by future proof i mean at least for 6 months:).Dealer asking 20500.Is it proper pricing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by punterccrx8s (Post 2671297)
Thank you.And by future proof i mean at least for 6 months:).Dealer asking 20500.Is it proper pricing?

In Flipkart we trust!

Samsung Galaxy R I9103: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com : so good price i say. check letsbuy and current offers as well (if u can wait a day or two for delivery).

Anybody with experience of S-Off on htc phones using htcdev. I am a bit confused since as per androidcentral (echoed in XDA) one should upgrade to 2.3.5 before unlocking. At the same time they say, it will do a factory reset. If there is a factory reset is not the OS also lost!

1. Perform a full backup your phone's data as you will be doing a factory reset.
2. [OPTIONAL] Update software version to 2.3.5

Quote:

Originally Posted by punterccrx8s

Galary R getting samsung official ICS update and hence future proof. I took for 21K with addl 8gb card on 31/12/11

Don`t want to unlock/root my phone as it voids warranty. Happy with what I have now

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2671506)
If there is a factory reset is not the OS also lost![/i]

I have S-Offed using Alpharev, so not sure about htcdev. But a factory reset will not affect the OS, it will just put the OS back to factory settings. But the data will be lost, hence the suggestion to backup your data first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighOctane (Post 2671530)
Don`t want to unlock/root my phone as it voids warranty.

Er, no!
you can have all your late night parties with the phone, and then, when its time, if ever, to go back to manuf, just restore it with your phone's suite, or use the stocks available all around!

Guys,

Looking for an Android phone for my wife between 10 to 16k's. I have almost decided on Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V. Any suggestions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 2671725)
Guys,

Looking for an Android phone for my wife between 10 to 16k's. I have almost decided on Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V. Any suggestions?

Neo V is a good buy. Also, it will get the official ICS update. At around 15K its a VFM product :thumbs up Also you can have a look at the Defy+. Its too another VFM offering around 15K. Neo V for looks, camera and ICS. Defy+ for unbeatable tank like built :)

Hello Friends,

I may have a really stupid question here.

I have a HTC Incredible S, and a TATA Photon+ data card.

Is it possible to surf the internet from the phone using the data card ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitrajdeep (Post 2671738)
Hello Friends,

I may have a really stupid question here.

I have a HTC Incredible S, and a TATA Photon+ data card.

Is it possible to surf the internet from the phone using the data card ?

Hmm, not sure if you can connect the Tata Photon to the Incredible directly, but you can buy a portable wi fi router like the Lava W150 or Dlink or Olive. Sells for approx 3k. Connect the photon to the device and voila, you have a wi fi cloud where ever you go. Battery lasts for about 3-4 hrs, which can be xtended if you shorten the range. Hope that helps.

The days of battery woes are now numbered.

Enter: Motorola Droid Razr Maxx

With a huge 3300mAh battery with no perceptible increase in thickness....ok but just 2mm. Come on Motorola launch it in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp_maniac (Post 2671735)
Neo V is a good buy. Also, it will get the official ICS update. At around 15K its a VFM product :thumbs up Also you can have a look at the Defy+. Its too another VFM offering around 15K. Neo V for looks, camera and ICS. Defy+ for unbeatable tank like built :)

Thanks Bhp. I hear from my friends that low internal memory is a concerns since some of the applications can only be installed on the internal memory. That is the only thing that is stopping me from buying it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2671506)
1. Perform a full backup your phone's data as you will be doing a factory reset.
2. [OPTIONAL] Update software version to 2.3.5

Phone goes to OE state by factory reset - All downloaded apps need to be re downloaded again! SMS get erased! Email accounts have to be set again!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 2671816)
Thanks Bhp. I hear from my friends that low internal memory is a concerns since some of the applications can only be installed on the internal memory. That is the only thing that is stopping me from buying it.

You wont be disappointed with the defy as it has a HUGE internal memory!!