Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-11.html)

Hi guys
Univercell website claims its 27000 but after taxes they sell it for 29000 and the customer service is absolute rubbish. The lowest price is in poorvika and vasavi 28000. There is one guy who bought it for 27,700 from poorvika. But they altered the price as he was exchanging his mobile but most showrooms dont go below 28 thousand. Mobile store sells it for 28,750 but you can make them get it down to 28 thousand.
Cheers:)

Kaushik,
Thanks a lot. Got the cheapest deal, because of ur info.

27,200 is the cheapest quote i have heard so far.
28K seems to be the street price.

And here's the news, I was about to buy the SGS today but a kind dealer told me Desire was announced today morning and he'll be able to give it to me on Monday. I AM SUPER EXCITED! YAY!

The link is up on flipkart, if someone wants to buy it there (27.3k). I got a quote of 27k from the dealer.

Here's another link,
Exclusive: HTC Desire finally available in India for Rs 27,500 | Androidos.in

With this launch, will SGS reduce the price? Let's see :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik_s (Post 2025744)
OK, here is my first impression of Samsung Galaxy S after the initial blown away period is over.

Cons:
2. KIES is totally crap. It worked for the first 2/3 times and now it totally stopped detecting the device. It just keeps on showing "Connecting device". The Samsung engineers should be ashamed of writing such piece of code. Also I can't access the internal SD card without kies. That's really stupid. It just doesn't work as a mass storage device. This is one reason I'm now feel like throwing off the device and buy another phone.

4. And the Touchwiz crashed yesterday (it showed TWLauncher cannot be started, Force Close) and felt like the phone was hanged but luckily it automatically started working without any need to restart.

One of the dealbreakers for me was KIES. It's not supported on Mac OS at all. How does Samsung expect us to do the firmware upgrades? :/. And I don't want to do a bootcamp and install windows just for one app. Sigh.

Second deal breaker was the Touch Wiz, which can be replaced, but well, I like Sense UI better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anmolbedi (Post 2026580)
@Kaushik,

For issue with Kies...

Look in the tray icon for Kies... tick on "Autostart tray icon" and disable "Autostart Kies". Now when you connect your USB cable to galaxy, wait for galaxy to show "Connected". First it would show "Initialising" then "connected".

After it shows connected, double click on Kies icon and it would connect galaxy in 5 seconds and recognise it.

Tried, but still not working. The phone just keeps on staying at "Initializing" state only. Not gonna work at all it seems. I tried so many things that was told in the android forums but none have worked. KIES is chaos and that's what it is it seems :Frustrati Let me know if there is anything else I can do. There was one workaround which suggests to format the SD card but I really don't wanna do that. I mean if I've to keep formatting the SD cards then what is the use of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkrishn (Post 2026643)
Kaushik,
Thanks a lot. Got the cheapest deal, because of ur info.

Welcome mate, glad to be of help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 2026756)
And here's the news, I was about to buy the SGS today but a kind dealer told me Desire was announced today morning and he'll be able to give it to me on Monday. I AM SUPER EXCITED! YAY!

The link is up on flipkart, if someone wants to buy it there (27.3k). I got a quote of 27k from the dealer.

Here's another link,
Exclusive: HTC Desire finally available in India for Rs 27,500 | Androidos.in

With this launch, will SGS reduce the price? Let's see :).

Great news man, wish it came few weeks before. Probably both the phones will be available for around or less than 25k soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 2026756)
One of the dealbreakers for me was KIES. It's not supported on Mac OS at all. How does Samsung expect us to do the firmware upgrades? :/. And I don't want to do a bootcamp and install windows just for one app. Sigh.

Second deal breaker was the Touch Wiz, which can be replaced, but well, I like Sense UI better.

TouchWiz is not at all bad when it's working. Infact I feel it's really good. Only had once the TWLauncher was force closed but that might be also due to some other factors.
But yes, KIES is a bad bad software, I really can't understand what the Samsung engineers were thinking when they released this software. This makes iTunes look 1000 times better.:uncontrol

One more plus point for Galaxy S, just copied 3 different types of movies files (.mkv,.mp4 and .avi) and all of them are being played effortlessly. Just watched one hi-Def video of Top Gear Amazon special episode. The colors are so vibrant and alive on the super AMOLED screen that I'm now surely gonna use it as a movie player. Need to get an extra 32GB card soon ;). I'm loving it.
Chaos (kies) is still not working thought and I've lost all hopes by now. So connecting the phone as Mass storage device and directly copying the files to the folders.

Got a HTC Legend. Price 24k. Does not feel underpowered at all even after multitasking with upto 10 or so apps. Build quality is SOLID.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik_s (Post 2027603)
Chaos (kies) is still not working thought and I've lost all hopes by now. So connecting the phone as Mass storage device and directly copying the files to the folders.

I tried installing the chaos on my laptop and it failed miserably. mytrack is working fine though. Thus far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik_s (Post 2027603)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkrishn (Post 2028117)
I tried installing the chaos on my laptop and it failed miserably. mytrack is working fine though. Thus far.

Use Odin, supposed to be better, if you need it just for updating the firmware etc.

I am losing my patience with HTC, the stock has still not reached the dealer I am talking to. If it doesn't happen in a couple of days, I am gonna ditch Desire and get a Galaxy S.

Unmount the microSD card and connect to KIES, it might work.

Quite a few friends had issues with HTC WinMo phones earlier. I had an impression from them that HTCs were not particularly reliable - and no, it wasn't necessarily due to Windows.

Are the HTC Androids more reliable than the Samsung counterparts?

Hi All,

Did any one had a chane to review Samsung Galaxy 3 i5800 ? I am very happy with the specification but have not seen it in person.

How is the display quality ? Is it better than htc wildfire ? Also will it support android 2.2 which supports flash. I have been quoted 10.7 k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 2028951)
Use Odin, supposed to be better, if you need it just for updating the firmware etc.

Will check it. I just was playing around. not really trying to install anything.

Quote:

I am losing my patience with HTC, the stock has still not reached the dealer I am talking to. If it doesn't happen in a couple of days, I am gonna ditch Desire and get a Galaxy S.
desire is it? Any reason for this model over GS?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 2029058)
Quite a few friends had issues with HTC WinMo phones earlier. I had an impression from them that HTCs were not particularly reliable - and no, it wasn't necessarily due to Windows.

Are the HTC Androids more reliable than the Samsung counterparts?

HTC, i guess, is the prime mover of android. Even google n1 was a an htc phone i guess.

HTC Desire launched in India finally.....clap:

HTC Desire launched in India with Tata - Online Best Latest HTC Desire launched in India with Tata Price Reviews | Features in India

@Sankar, tried unmounting both internal and external SD cards. But chaos is still chaos only.
@Hellwrath, dude go for it ;), You'll surely love the Galaxy S as much as Desire. And as of now my feeling is that if I had waited for Desire then I would've been repenting for sure.
@gkrishn, you are right, nexus one is a HTC phone, very similar to Desire.