Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-825.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 2957037)
There is no tried & tested method in that thread. Probably lost steam once the a110 was launched.

Edit: There are posts in that thread stating that method on the first post doesn't work. Even the OP wasn't able to clear the queries.

Many people have said that the first method to root works. But true - better to wait a bit longer.

I want to wait a week longer and will then root my A110 :Shockked:

Team,

I have updated my GNex from yakjuxw to Yakju today. I am 4.1.2 now.

Thanks to nexus root toolkit.

Now I will receive updates from Google directly.

I updated my wife's SGS3 with the new JB update. The ROM build is dated 26/10, just under 2 weeks old, in comparison with my Note 2 JB ROM with a build date of 10/10. Surprising Chrome is not a default install like it is on the Note.

A quick cursory check tells me there's a minor improvement in the 'response' if I may call it that. Sammy has one of the better skins as do Moto. Of course skinned Androids will nearly always be slower than the original 'Nexus' phone ROMs.

Nexus 7 has been officially launched in India for 19,999Rs. Source: http://in.androidauthority.com/googl...rs-19999-5371/

Quote:

Ever since the Google Nexus 7 was officially launched, it has created a buzz among tech enthusiasts all over the globe, boasting impressive sales of over 1 million units a month. The Nexus 7 is one of the most awaited devices in the country and the good news is, the wait is finally over as the tablet is now officially available in India!!! The Google Nexus 7 has been launched with a price tag of Rs.19,999.

With the launch of Nexus 7, the way we look at the “specification vs price” criteria was totally re-defined. Unfortunately, the Nexus fans in the country had to wait patiently for a bit long, but never the less, the Google Nexus 7 is finally here.

Here’s a look back on the specifications of the Google Nexus 7:

7″ LED backlit IPS LCD display with 800 x 1280 pixel resolution
1.3 GHz Quad Core Cortex A9 Nvidia Tegra 3 Processor
1 GB RAM
8/16 GB Internal memory
1.2 MP front facing camera
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Wi-Fi Connectivity
4,325mAh battery
According to few reports, ASUS was all set to launch the tablet in India for quite a while now, although the company had to wait for a nod from the Google. Sadly, there has been no official word on the availability of the recently launched 32GB/3G version of the Google Nexus 7 tablet.

The 16 GB variant of the tablet carries a price tag of Rs. 19,999 and is available from online e-commerce sites like Croma with few other exciting offers. Of course, this a little higher than initially expected, considering the 16GB tablet in the US now costs around Rs 11,000, but hey, it’s finally here!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2D2 (Post 2957180)
I updated my wife's SGS3 with the new JB update. The ROM build is dated 26/10, just under 2 weeks old

That is somewhat surprising since build date is October 30th.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=7946

I updated my S3 on 3rd November. it was an simple software update with 285MB in size. There are some new options in the setup and display. Overall, its a good update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay

That is somewhat surprising since build date is October 30th

This is the date in the About Device - - >Kernel version. That's probably the date the ROM was compiled and the best for version comparisons. Don't know where Sam mobile get 30/10. It may be some other time stamp.

Seems Nexus 7 is launched it India and that too at 19900/-. What insane pricing is this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoonwheels
Seems Nexus 7 is launched it India and that too at 19900/-. What insane pricing is this?

If that is the 32gb version with Sim, it is justifiable I guess. I got my 8gb version for 15k.

I just purchased swifkey tablet version. It is just getting downloaded as I painfully type this with default keyboard.. too difficult.

Edit- what a world of difference! I can now type just like I do with my phone equipped with SwiftKey!

Can anyone tell me the samsung brandshop price for the note 2?

Also my sister's S3 is still running ICS and when i click on update phone, it says "no update available". Why no JB? Its a bought in india phone.

Any other note 2 users here? If yes,then which color did you buy? I read on some other forum that the grey colored note 2 is having some issues with paint chipping etc. Is this true?

Quote:

Originally Posted by M5_fan (Post 2957384)
Can anyone tell me the samsung brandshop price for the note 2?

Also my sister's S3 is still running ICS and when i click on update phone, it says "no update available". Why no JB? Its a bought in india phone.

Any other note 2 users here? If yes,then which color did you buy? I read on some other forum that the grey colored note 2 is having some issues with paint chipping etc. Is this true?

I don't believe there's any harm buying from a authorised store..just be sure the box is sealed.

The update hasn't been released as an OTA but is on Samsung's servers.

If you are aware of the procedure, the full 770 MB download can be obtained from Sammobile.com and flashed via Odin.

I have a Note 2 titanium grey - no paint flaking so far...build quality is pretty good if you discount the plastic back panel. I never liked white devices even with my iPhones. They look like they belong to a college kid. The note 2 is a great device provided you can adjust to the size - using both hands to operate most functions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2D2

I don't believe there's any harm buying from a authorised store..just be sure the box is sealed.

The update hasn't been released as an OTA but is on Samsung's servers.

If you are aware of the procedure, the full 770 MB download can be obtained from Sammobile.com and flashed via Odin.

I have a Note 2 titanium grey - no paint flaking so far...build quality is pretty good if you discount the plastic back panel. I never liked white devices even with my iPhones. They look like they belong to a college kid. The note 2 is a great device provided you can adjust to the size - using both hands to operate most functions.

Yes, i also like the grey. Thanks for the info. Most of the stores are actually not authorized. They mix the authentic and grey market stuff and then sell it. One such place in noida is a Savitri Market in noida aka mini ghaffar market. All the stores in that market are mobile stores and they do a lot of hanky panky stuff even though the boxes are sealed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M5_fan

Yes, i also like the grey. Thanks for the info. Most of the stores are actually not authorized. They mix the authentic and grey market stuff and then sell it. One such place in noida is a Savitri Market in noida aka mini ghaffar market. All the stores in that market are mobile stores and they do a lot of hanky panky stuff even though the boxes are sealed.

Its very simple to differentiate authentic stuff. Every sealed authentic stuff will have a samsung india warranty card. Even with watches its the same. Everything can be duplicated except for the guarantee card. If a guarantee card is not present in the box, you can be sure its a grey market piece. This technique works for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajanprash

Its very simple to differentiate authentic stuff. Every sealed authentic stuff will have a samsung india warranty card. Even with watches its the same. Everything can be duplicated except for the guarantee card. If a guarantee card is not present in the box, you can be sure its a grey market piece. This technique works for me.

But even if the piece is genuine but the dealer is not listed on the website, then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by M5_fan

But even if the piece is genuine but the dealer is not listed on the website, then?

There are thousands of dealers. All the dealers cant be listed on the website. A mobile goes through N number of dealers and sub dealers before it reaches us. If you are okay with a little high price, then close your eyes and buy from flipkart. Everything sold on flipkart is 100% genuine.