Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 17:02   #31
BHPian

new wave II (S8530)is out to replace the original wave with 3.7 LCD screen. Also it on with new bada os 1.2.

Is there some one who knows what exactly is going on withe samsung wave phones hard to find for people to buy. Are they stopping production of the phone barely after few months of release.
Old 7th October 2010, 17:24   #32
BHPian

Samsung is having problems with the shortage of the S-AMOLED screens. This is the reason for the shortage of the Wave as well as Galaxy S.
Old 8th October 2010, 09:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Samsung is having problems with the shortage of the S-AMOLED screens. This is the reason for the shortage of the Wave as well as Galaxy S.
Production capacity has been increased for S-AMOLED screen. S-AMOLED is been consumed by Galaxy and Wave. Both the phones making waves everywhere and thus creating shortage.

Three new bada phones (Low end) soon to be coming to India.

1. 3.2 Megapixel and 240X400 resolution TFT Screen
2. Same as above plus physical QWERTY keypad
3. 5 Megapixel feature phone. 240X400.

First two phones appearance is same. Third one is little different. Expected price range between 8K to 11K. It is nice phone to have in India considering sky high price for IPhone (with sick display and signal issues).

I am using Wave for last 6 months and enjoying clarity, music, social networks, apps etc.
Old 8th October 2010, 10:43   #34
BHPian

Count me in as another satisfied wave customer . Samsung has done a terrific job in the wave. It reminds me of the k750i for some reason. A complete phone. I dont really bother much about the apps (i have the ipod touch to take care of that aspect). There are 2-3 good games which are free and fantastic. The UI is FAST and FUNCTIONAL.
Old 8th October 2010, 19:33   #35
BHPian

anyone having trouble getting GPS in wave? im yet to get connection
Old 8th October 2010, 19:39   #36
BHPian

GPS has an issue in Wave. A firmware update will surely rectify it. But there is a work around for GPS not working. Enable GPS in the camera settings. Be in a location where you can recieve GPS signals. you can see a green signal emblem. Now exit camera mode and start application - GPS Status -> turn on GPS.
with a minute you would see multiple satellite signals in the view and you will get a reading. The phone must be latched on to a min of 3 satellites to get a GPS lock.
Hope it helps..
Old 8th October 2010, 21:22   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Moderator: Thread Closed. Please continue the discussion in this Samsung Bada OS thread. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks