Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 13:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Kaushik,
Could you please PM me the dealers who were offering you the HTC desire for 29k? I am looking around, but haven't been able to find even one guy who's selling desire. I saw the ebay deal, but I am kinda skeptic about buying it off an internet site without actually taking a look at the phone. Too many hassles if things go wrong with phones that haven't been launched yet. If I don't find anyone soon, I'll probably go with ebay.
I was talking about ebay only, not about bangalore dealers :( Sorry for the confusion. According to some of the dealers Desire is supposed to be launched by July End but July has ended and still no sign of official launch :( After reading some reviews even I'm inclining more towards the HTC Desire but not having it officially is stopping me from getting it. If not launched by August then I'll go for the Galaxy S most probably.
About ebay, I've bought quite a few things from ebay and till now no issues with anything. But phone is a much more complex device and a manufacturer warranty is a must. The Samsung Galaxy S deal that I was talking about has Manufacturer Warranty, so should not be of any trouble I guess.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:02   #32
BHPian

Unfortunately, they've yanked the NexusOne off the shelves! Last shipment and thats it. However, HTC has launched the HTC Droid in the States; which looks remarkably similar to the NexusOne. Just for those who are interested
Old 29th July 2010, 15:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Unfortunately, they've yanked the NexusOne off the shelves! Last shipment and thats it. However, HTC has launched the HTC Droid in the States; which looks remarkably similar to the NexusOne. Just for those who are interested
whats the cost and is it avialable without contract ?
Old 29th July 2010, 15:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I was talking about ebay only, not about bangalore dealers :( Sorry for the confusion. According to some of the dealers Desire is supposed to be launched by July End but July has ended and still no sign of official launch :( After reading some reviews even I'm inclining more towards the HTC Desire but not having it officially is stopping me from getting it. If not launched by August then I'll go for the Galaxy S most probably.
About ebay, I've bought quite a few things from ebay and till now no issues with anything. But phone is a much more complex device and a manufacturer warranty is a must. The Samsung Galaxy S deal that I was talking about has Manufacturer Warranty, so should not be of any trouble I guess.
No problem . Sangeeta mobiles told me Desire is going to be in stock next week, when I told them it's not released yet, they said, it's going to be released in India soon and they will have stock next week. But, going by what I have heard so far, it sounds like a rumour. The only thing about Samsung Galaxy is the Samsung tag and I am not sure I like the touchwiz. Any chance that I can port plain vanilla Android UI on it? If yes, then I think I might go with Samsung Galaxy S as well.

Let me go around bangalore on saturday and check out various places for HTC legend, desire, Nexus one and Galaxy S. I'll buy the one that I like that day and I might postpone the decision if there's some kind of confirmed news about Desire getting launched next week.
Old 29th July 2010, 16:18   #35
BHPian

My advice is to stay away from Samsung Android devices as Samsung already develops its own Mobile OS, the Bada. The reason why I say this is it might be difficult to get any official OS updates from Samsung. I own a Samsung Galaxy since one year and it runs Android 1.5 and I was eagarly waiting for an upgrade which never happened. I guess HTC is much better option to go for. When I'm back in India for a vacation, I would definitely buy a HTC desire or a Moto milestone.
Old 29th July 2010, 17:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No problem . Sangeeta mobiles told me Desire is going to be in stock next week, when I told them it's not released yet, they said, it's going to be released in India soon and they will have stock next week. But, going by what I have heard so far, it sounds like a rumour. The only thing about Samsung Galaxy is the Samsung tag and I am not sure I like the touchwiz. Any chance that I can port plain vanilla Android UI on it? If yes, then I think I might go with Samsung Galaxy S as well.
Even HTC Desire have it's own UI called Sense UI and from what I've heard and from the youtube videos, TouchWiz looks and feel good. Not sure if Touchwiz can be disabled. And that 4 inch screen seriously looks good and that's one big plus point.
About the Desire Rumour, I've hearing this for last one month but no concrete news yet :(

Quote:
Let me go around bangalore on saturday and check out various places for HTC legend, desire, Nexus one and Galaxy S. I'll buy the one that I like that day and I might postpone the decision if there's some kind of confirmed news about Desire getting launched next week.
Cool, please do post your findings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
My advice is to stay away from Samsung Android devices as Samsung already develops its own Mobile OS, the Bada. The reason why I say this is it might be difficult to get any official OS updates from Samsung. I own a Samsung Galaxy since one year and it runs Android 1.5 and I was eagarly waiting for an upgrade which never happened. I guess HTC is much better option to go for. When I'm back in India for a vacation, I would definitely buy a HTC desire or a Moto milestone.
Motorola is a strict no no for me, I just somehow don't trust moto phones. BTW, Samsung Galaxy (old gen) won't get an update if what I heard is correct, mostly due to inadequate hardware. But anyway, if that's what gonna happen then I'll be really worried.
Old 30th July 2010, 12:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
whats the cost and is it avialable without contract ?
Not too sure on the finer details, think it JUST launched recently. Heres a CNET review video -

Old 30th July 2010, 14:06   #38
BHPian

Bought my N1 in Feb on my trip to US. Liked the phone from day 1, the features i liked most are

1. Unlock N1 and you can use many ROM's that are available from xda-developers. Which means that my N1 can have HTC Desire software, Droid, etc.

2. Availability of many free apps, games on the market

3. Large development community to support any kind of technical problems and challenges

4. Industry standard interfaces (USB, Memcard, etc)

I would like to mention few things that could have been better on N1

1. Battery life could be better. It offers so many games & apps, when i use them all my battery doesn't last even a day.

2. No radio which means that when i travel by local trains i need to carry my another device for FM radio

3. Signal loss is slightly more than my old Nokia. In my house my old E51 used to have 1 or 2 bars of signal, but with my N1 it is either one or none

I would rate N1 as the VFM phone in smart phones available today.

P.S. Do any one know if any operator in India is planning on tying up with Android market?
Old 6th May 2012, 07:05   #39
BHPian

Galaxy Nexus direct from the Google Play Store

Just ordered the Nexus from Google Play directly. I felt like it's a steal now for a no contract 4G pentaband phone. Something I can use no matter which part of the world I am.

Back to the Future! Buy the Galaxy Nexus direct from the Google Play Store

I'm not a touchscreen user, so this should be my first. Fingers crossed. I hope I don't start calling or texting unintended recipients at wee hours.. . Nevertheless, I'll pre-warn friends and family.

I had a hands-on feel of the phone and the build quality was at par with standards, though I m a freak for those metal ones which feel a lot more solid.

Let's see!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks