Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2005, 23:34   #16
Team-BHP Support

IT doesn't matter, no matter what you buy among the big boys, you will have to face this kind of thing at the service centres. So always go for the smaller players and you will have peace of mind. The theory that big brand laptops last longer is a myth, its what components are used inside thats what matters
Old 15th March 2010, 14:51   #17
BHPian

Does anyone have any reliable and tested contact in Nehru Place. My Compaq Presario Laptop doesn't boot at all. I took it to HP Authorised Service Center in Noida (Read RT Outsourcing) and they have said that Motherboard and hard drive both need to be replaced. But I know its not true because the same hard drive works fine in another laptop.
Old 15th March 2010, 19:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
RT Outsourcing have said that Motherboard and hard drive both need to be replaced. But I know its not true because the same hard drive works fine in another laptop.
I have rejected RT Quote stating the same reason. I just received a call from them and the guy has now said that the Hard Drive is working however it has some bad sectors and can be replaced later on whenever I want but it must be done asap otherwise I may loose the data. I asked him that why I was not told the same before and he had no answer to that.
I seriously think that authorised service center is nothing but a joke and there is no such thing exists in India called customer care.
I will now take it to Nehru Place. Can someone please help in locating a reliable contact there?
Old 17th November 2013, 16:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Laptop Problem...Urgent help required

The Sony VGN CR320E turns OFF (Not Shutdown) on it own suddenly even though there is >50% of Battery Left (Charger disconnected).
I have to connect the Charger and Turn ON the Laptop. If I tried to Turn On without connecting charger, it does not turn On. After Turning On, when I move the mouse pointer over the Battery icon in system tray, the battery level shows that there is enough charge (vary between 50-70%) left in it.
What is the problem?
Old 17th November 2013, 17:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
The Sony VGN CR320E turns OFF (Not Shutdown) on it own suddenly even though there is >50% of Battery Left (Charger disconnected).
I have to connect the Charger and Turn ON the Laptop. If I tried to Turn On without connecting charger, it does not turn On. After Turning On, when I move the mouse pointer over the Battery icon in system tray, the battery level shows that there is enough charge (vary between 50-70%) left in it.
What is the problem?
Looks like the battery is faulty. How old is the battery? Does it make any difference when bluetooth and Wifi are switched off?
Old 17th November 2013, 20:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k
Looks like the battery is faulty. How old is the battery? Does it make any difference when bluetooth and Wifi are switched off?
This is the OEM Battery that came with Laptop. Also this Model does not have WiFi. The Laptop was purchased in US in May-June 2009.

I had replaced the Battery this Jan. but the new battery did not give backup more than 10-15 mins. since Jun 2013. So I contacted the dealer of battery but he did not help me getting warranty (He told me that the Service center checked the battery and said that the battery is OK. Bring the Laptop to check whether it has problem. I did not have trust in that dealer as I thought he must not have sent the battery in first place and would ask me to replace some other part in laptop.). Hence I started using the old battery again since it surprisingly started giving me backup of 30-45 mins (MS-Office use).
But from past 15-20 days this abruptly turning off on its own is giving me headache.

I checked both the batteries using a software Battery Info View. The OEM battery's stats show that the battery has lost its 42.8% of its capacity during these four years. But the battery which I purchased in this Jan, its stats show that the battery has only 5% of its total capacity left.

Similar story with my Xperia x10i. The OEM battery used to heat up to 56 Deg C while charging. So I purchased a replacement battery of Sony Make from ebay.in for Rs.599/- (including shipping). But this new battery expanded even though I did not over charge it. I don't keep the phone charging overnight. Due to expansion, the back cover does not fit properly which forced me to use the Old OEM battery.

I have lost faith in Sony Brand. No offence meant to other Sony users.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 17th November 2013 at 20:13.
Old 17th November 2013, 20:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
So I purchased a replacement battery of Sony Make from ebay.in for Rs.599/- (including shipping). But this new battery expanded even though I did not over charge it. I don't keep the phone charging overnight. Due to expansion, the back cover does not fit properly which forced me to use the Old OEM battery.

You bought a fake battery from ebay and that is causing your problems
Old 17th November 2013, 20:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljay View Post
So I purchased a replacement battery of Sony Make from ebay.in for Rs.599/- (including shipping).
For Rs. 600 you can not get a branded battery. That's fake what you have got.

Please research a little before making a purchase and then blame any brand.
Old 17th November 2013, 20:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
This is the OEM Battery that came with Laptop. Also this Model does not have WiFi. The Laptop was purchased in US in May-June 2009.

I had replaced the Battery this Jan. but the new battery did not give backup more than 10-15 mins. since Jun 2013. So I contacted the dealer of battery but he did not help me getting warranty (He told me that the Service center checked the battery and said that the battery is OK. Bring the Laptop to check whether it has problem. I did not have trust in that dealer as I thought he must not have sent the battery in first place and would ask me to replace some other part in laptop.). Hence I started using the old battery again since it surprisingly started giving me backup of 30-45 mins (MS-Office use).
But from past 15-20 days this abruptly turning off on its own is giving me headache.

Given that the oem battery is 4+yrs I would suggest that you get a new battery from Sony Service Center in India, or get it from US when someone travels over. The other option would be use it as 'always-connected'!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks