Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2006, 23:41   #16
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchuk
MILEAGE is the main criteria
I think you should go for Alto since FE is your primary criteria. You can easily get a mileage of around 16 kmpl in the city with an Alto.

Looks apart, Santro & Wagon R score closely as many has pointed out already. Both these give a mileage of around 12 kmpl in city. Here's the Autocar's comparision of these two cars - http://www.indiacar.com/roadtest/sho...05_a/index.htm

Quote:
Does any of the above cars provide an in built CNG system. I am from hyderabad ,what is availabiltiy of the CNG gas filling stations.
Is any new version of Zen being released in the market.
None of these cars (Alto, Santro, Wagon R) come with factory fitted CNG. I don't think CNG is available anywhere in Hyd. Stay away from Zen. It is going to be phased out sooner or later.

Cheers
Old 7th February 2006, 09:10   #17

Thanx a lot for the valuable inputs.Now I am thinking a little higher .Need info abt Swift and Getz.Now the battle is between Alto or Xing or Swift or Getz.Please give an exhaustive opinion about the cars keeping in mind different parameters like performance,mileage,comfort,maintenance etc .No issues about the price.

Rajani
Old 7th February 2006, 10:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need info abt Swift and Getz.Now the battle is between Alto or Xing or Swift or Getz.

It would be wise for you to first decide which Segment you want to go with. A or B or B+.

How can one compare Alto with Swift/Getz
Old 7th February 2006, 10:23   #19
BHPian

Hi,

As u r going to take a new car replacing maruti 800....it would be logical to go for a mauti exchange program.....both alto and zen are good cars..alto gives arnd 16-17 in the city whereas zen gives arnd 14......
maintainence is cheap....

Regards,
turbofreak
Old 7th February 2006, 12:25   #20
Team-BHP Support

A small update... in case you missed it, Maruti is launching the WagonR with factory fitteg LPG option. Give it a very hard look. It will be the most FE car one can ever buy. Also, AutoLPG is very safe. Period. A factory fitted option means do not even wonder about the safety factor. Moreover Hyderabad has many AutoLPG pumps now. I do not know where you live but I am definite you will find one closest to you.
Old 9th February 2006, 19:07   #21

The final battle is only between Swift and Getz.
Just came back from the test drives.It is decided that I would either go for a Swift or a Getz.No more confusion.I guess we can compare these two as they belong to the same segment[correct me if I am wrong].Is it true that "Getz is a superior car when compared to Swift",if so why?.Which is more economical in terms of mileage.Waiting for your opinions.

Rajani
Old 10th February 2006, 14:55   #22
cnu
BHPian

Swift any day... Mileage is almost same for both the cars...

Checkout the comparison at http://www.indiacar.com/roadtest/sho..._a/index.htm#1
Old 10th February 2006, 15:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
The final battle is only between Swift and Getz.
Just came back from the test drives.It is decided that I would either go for a Swift or a Getz.No more confusion.I guess we can compare these two as they belong to the same segment[correct me if I am wrong].Is it true that "Getz is a superior car when compared to Swift",if so why?.Which is more economical in terms of mileage.Waiting for your opinions.

Rajani
My take -
Swift if you enjoy spirited driving and are ok with those radical looks.
Getz for driving refinement and comfort and space.

Mileage is about same for both, maybe swift has an edge there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks