Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2006, 20:02   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, I wud have posted earlier but was on a vacation and for a change stayed away from the Net ... !!

I'm a very proud owner of the Palio and that too the 1.6 GTX .. I bought it second hand in 2004 July and it had done about 28K !! It was very well mantained and totally stock ... though it didn't stay that way for too long after I got it .. If you search u'll find the basic mods that have been done to her .

As for the ownership experience .. Sercvice centres suck and RIP but if you have a gud mech then getting the basic things done from him shud nor be any problem at all !! I've had bad experiences with the dealers but still do go back at times to get the car tested on their machine for any major faults. So far I've been lucky that the car feels as solid as when I got her home inspite of the treatment she has gotten by my heavy foot. Minor problems do keep croppingonce in a while but none that take away the JOY of driving/owning her.

As for the average ... Its wat all claim but then its nothing compared to the feeling of power one gets while ripping her, I stopped calculating the average about 6 months back !!

All I can say is that as long as you don't bother about the FE .. and the ASS -- just go for it !!!

Cheers

PS -- PM me if you need any farther info !!

This is for the originator of this post ------------------

U dont need to bother about FIAT's service now with TATA as a partner and if you wait another week or so things would be in print.

Now you decide wat u want Palio 1.6 or Ikon 1.6.

Personally i would prefer the Italian anyday.

UR take now !!!!
Old 3rd March 2006, 13:05   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic
Fellows,
Time for Truce, English is quite a complicated language indeed. However, from the posts i gather that the Ikon can easily hit the 100K mileage mark without much of a sputter. ( read as burning a hole in the wallet! ) Any ideas if the palio can walk the mile?? Have read some threads that point that a lot of expenditure comes your way when the palio hits the 60k mark.
Fiat owners!! Any of them around??
cheers
rams,
any updates on the car scene!!
do update on decisions and keep posting the experieces you had with any prospective seller .
catchya soon,
Avi
Old 18th March 2006, 18:11   #63
BHPian

Hi Fellow BHPians,

After lots of search, test drives and valuable inputs from the team here, ive zeroed in on the new Palio 1.6 Sports. Am booking my formula red beauty tomorrow and expect to roll her out by the 1st of April. Am getting her at 4.89 L OTR at New Delhi which is believe is a steal for a 100 BHP machine. Shall post my reviews as time rolls on. Many a thanks for guiding my decision making process.

cheers
Old 18th March 2006, 18:38   #64
Senior - BHPian

Awesome choice. Please do write out a review as soon as you get it. And yeah. Post snaps.
Old 18th March 2006, 20:55   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ive zeroed in on the new Palio 1.6 Sports. Am booking my formula red beauty tomorrow and expect to roll her out by the 1st of April. Am getting her at 4.89 L OTR at New Delhi

4.89 L for a brand new Palio 1.6 Sports formula red with that amazing 1.6 L DOHC 16 valve 32 bit 100BHP engine with the superb tank like build and those heavy doors that will close with that awesome THUNK and with that sweet chassis with brilliantly balanced ride and handling? Man this is highway robbery! You will love the car trust me. It's built with so much of love and passion. Drive it for a week and you wouldn't feel like driving a lighter car anymore!

Please tell us if your buying expereince was pleasent and is it a Fiat or a TATA-Fiat dealer?
Old 18th March 2006, 21:13   #66
BHPian

Im getting the car from an erstwhile Fiat and currently Tata Fiat Dealer-Vivek Automobiles. The experience till date has been phenomenal, the team exhibited the typical Italian passion for automobiles. Infact, the GM of the showroom spent a good half hour wuth us and explained each and every aspect of the car. They ensured that the prospective buyer is taken through every minute detail that makes the car unique. Unlike a typical sales process where only the Pros are highlighted, these guys addressed the cons and the concerns that generally comes along with the FIAT name in India. The Tata-Fiat relationship not only covers sales, distribution, service and spares but also the financing part of the process. Thanks to Tata finance the interest rate has come down by a good 1.5% from the 11.5% offered by ICICI which enjoys near monopoly in the car financing space. On the whole the transparency in the process is what impressed me the most and i hope that the same level of service continues post sales as well.

Shall keep the team posted on developments!

cheers
Old 18th March 2006, 22:01   #67
BHPian

Congrats Mnemonic, you have made the right choice, Enjoy your car, its a real beauty with a big heart (engine).

Cheers .....Major
Old 18th March 2006, 23:29   #68
BHPian

You have done the right thing by going in for the Palio GTX. I own one and as far as maintanence costs go I have spent only on oils and filters and coolant since July 2002. I remember now I bought a new set of wiper blades last monsoon and thats about it. On a whole apart form fluids and filters I spent only on the wiper. All this talk of bad service does not apply to me because my GTX has not let me down at all similar to my other Italian car a Premier pads that has needed only breaker point, condensor and wiper blade change in the four years of owning the car. Cannnot say the same for my Indica which needed 68000 rupees of spares since owning it from May 2000.

Someone mentioned 11.5% diminishing balance as good. The guys there are fleecing you. Here in Cochin I got the loan for 6.28% at diminishing balance for my Palio and its not flat rate if you think its a typo or understanding error. The other thing to note is that my car cost me 4.3 lakh brand new because it was lying unsold in the EDAPALLY(Cochin) godown of the TVS company for 8 months. When they sold me the car they took me into their workshop and in front of me changed all fluids in the car including the brake fluid and put in a new battery from exide. I cannot expect anything more from the service which many call as despicable. Can you imagine any other company offering you 1 lakh discount and then chainging all the fluids too and also plonking in a new EXIDE battery. I had a nagging feeling I was being sold a dud but after 3 and half years of trouble free ownership I have become the envy of the doctors in my hospitals where I go as a consultant. Bye and wear your seatbelts

Last edited by drpullockaran : 18th March 2006 at 23:31.
Old 19th March 2006, 14:53   #69
BANNED

hang on ... u mean the i,6 hatch is still available on the new car market... ???? wow gotta get ajob fast an start svin up...
Old 19th March 2006, 17:02   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ive zeroed in on the new Palio 1.6 Sports. formula red beauty expect to roll her out by the 1st of April. Am getting her at 4.89 L OTR at New Delhi which is believe is a steal for a 100 BHP machine.
What the ....... ? 4.89 L ?? Awesome car with a jaw dropping price !

mnemonic - Congratulations on the car mate ! and its in Formula Red (My Fav Colour) . Do post pictures as soon as possible. Have fun .

Cheers
ps- remember to always belt up.
Old 19th March 2006, 19:23   #71
Senior - BHPian

When is the new facelifted Palio coming.. any idea guys??
Old 19th March 2006, 19:46   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Fellow BHPians,

. Am getting her at 4.89 L OTR at New Delhi which is believe is a steal for a 100 BHP machine.
cheers
Hey, CONGRATS on ur new acquisition --- 4.89 OTR is a jaw dropping price and I've been banging my head since I read your post !! I wish these prices had come out earlier or I had waited a bit longer ... Instead of the Red Swift I would have bought another brand new GTX ( Red ) ---

Also are there any changes in this variant over the older GTX, coz I read somewhere that this is a NV model and thus some slight changes thats decreased the performance of the car !!! Any body who can throw some light on this .....

Cheers
Old 19th March 2006, 20:00   #73
Senior - BHPian

Wow, 100 bhp engine for under 5 lakhs brand new. That's what I call 'power to the people.' not to mention the drop dead looks of the Guiguaro designed beauty.
Old 19th March 2006, 20:14   #74
BHPian

Thanx ton mates, im glad that there are quite a few people who second my decision. Infact it has been quite a hardsell for me to convince the kith and kin that it is indeed the right decision to buy the 1.6. Thanks to the negative reputation that fiat has earned in the Indian market. Have made the booking today and waiting to get my piece from the factory on April 1st. ( Happens to be the fools day as well!)

cheers
Old 19th March 2006, 22:18   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Congrats on your choice! Palio 1.6 is a dream machine! You would really enjoy diving it. We have a Palio Users Group at: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/paliousersindia/
You too are welcome!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks