Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2006, 00:05   #1
BHPian

Swift or Lancer ???

Hey Guys,

My name is Sagar and am frm Hyderabad. This is my first post and i hope i get a good responce. I have plans to buy a car this June. I am really confused as to which car to pick. Ok now am gonna go into my first year of college this year , so am gonna use the car for college transport + Transport to graphics institute and sum other regular places , on an avg say 100-120 Kms everyday within the city.

Now i chalked down 2 cars :

a. The Maruti Suzuki Swift Zxi (New)
b. Mitsubishi Lancer (Old)

I am gonna not leave the car as stock ! Am gonna spice it up by moddifying.

A Hatch or a Rally Pro?

Now these are my areas of interest : (Keepin the Lancer in mind)

1. Sporty Rally Tyres with meaty (not sure of inches but want em most attractive!!!) chrome 5 spoke BMW style alloys

2. Light Black Sun Control

3. Lower Front Rear Bumper kit with side skirts

4. GT Spoiler

5. Sparco Replica Seats

6. Sporty Steering + Sporty Gearstick

7. Neon lit Brake Pedals in Metal or Aluminium Finish

8. Vertical Scissor Doors

9. Decently Vented Bonnet

10. Extremely good Body works (Paints & Graphics)

11. BMW Type Headlight with (Xenon or Halogen-not sure) White Bulbs

12. Undercar Neons + Neons lighting the inner part of front bumper (2F2F style)

13. Pioneer MP3 + Speakers + Woofer for that extra punch to make heads turn!

14. Speedometer Mod - Blue Dials , I think u got the idea!

15. Blue Interior Light

16. Sporty Exhaust, n yeah, i "DON'T" wanna turbo charge my car but i want that "VROOOOOOOOM " turbo sound.

17. K&N Air Filter

18. AutoCop Antitheft with touch sensor and Central Locking

19. LPG Gas Kit (120 Kms!!! Am ruined if i use Petrol!)

Phew! Thats huge!

Now how much wud each of those mods cost? cud anyone plz help me wid the price of each? I need exellent quality and i swear i dont wanna crap my car like how many poor ppl had done. I really really love the work of Arush AUTOPSYCHE, kudos, dude . But i have no idea about his expences . I except this entire work to be done at around 2 lacks (I have no idea!!!).

And Hyderabadis, plz gimme ur contact no.s wid ur names so dat if i ever have any querries i cud call u. I know only one guy frm HYD, Insane Devil but donno his No. Plz guys.

Now in hyderabad, seriously speaking, all modderz suk. So i donna whr to head down to,
a. Chennai - 520 Kms (Near)
b. Coimbatore - 735 Kms (Far)
c. Banglore - 500 Kms (Near)
d. Mumbai - 625 Kms (Possible)
e. Delhi = 1250 Kms (2 2 2 2 Far)

But i dont wanna damage my car while returning back to hyderabad, so is it possible to hire a truck to carry my car? if so how much wud it cost approx?

Thanx in advance guys ! Keep em comin!

C ya, Cheers!

Old 3rd March 2006, 00:08   #2
BHPian

Ooops!!! I Forgot

Guys i forgot one thing, how much cud i get an old and gud lancer for? i am targeting it 2 be 3-4 lacks. What do u say? If any of u know any lancer for sale plz pm me or mail me at furioussphinx@yahoo.com

Cheers!
Old 3rd March 2006, 00:45   #3
Team-BHP Support

contradictory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
I am gonna not leave the car as stock ! Am gonna spice it up by moddifying.
good for you...

Quote:
A Hatch or a Rally Pro?

Now these are my areas of interest : (Keepin the Lancer in mind)

1. Sporty Rally Tyres with meaty (not sure of inches but want em most attractive!!!) chrome 5 spoke BMW style alloys

17. K&N Air Filter
the usual boy-racer mods... you can easily get those done.

Quote:
19. LPG Gas Kit (120 Kms!!! Am ruined if i use Petrol!)

Phew! Thats huge!
excellent way to nullify effects of your "Sporty" exhaust, unless you just mean to poke a hole in the muffler for the ""VROOOOOOOOM " turbo sound".

if you do modify your car as you've listed above and then install an LPG kit in it, you're going to end up with a sitting dud.. think about whether you need a show car with excellent fuel economy but nothing to prove...
Old 3rd March 2006, 01:02   #4
BHPian

Turbo

Aah 78 thanx for ur reply, i know that those are the kind of mods which can be anywhr but u dont nice quality everywhere!

And ok, ill stick wid da petrol if LPG cud blow up the performance. But no chance of turbo chargin or NOS. Hey by the way, wats Turbo chargin? What does it do? Its cost and advantages?

What i meant by the turbo kinda sound waz like a toned reving sound like the one u get frm a ferrari or porche or any other supercar. U get that sound from a turbo charged car but i read in sum article that u can attach some kit to get that sound too right? i just wanted the price of that.

Cheers!
Old 3rd March 2006, 01:44   #5
BANNED

lol....furioussphinx vbmenu_register("postmenu_184406", true); u just want show n no go i guess....with all that makeup thingy ......newayz....if u have a budget of around 4 lacs....then i wud suggest u to go for a 2000 year lancer,here in new delhi u get it for around 2.60- 2.80 approx (just checkout the price range with ur local dealers).......okay....so if u get a car within 2.75L,u`ll be left with 1.25L....out of which,u can 1) buy some sweet 17 inch wheels n tyres (approx. 45000 -50000 for a set of four) 2) add a wide body kit to ur car (around 35-40 grands) 3) get some good decals (around 5000-12000)
4)fix lambo doors (25000-40000 again) 5) buy a spoiler,& an exhaust muffler tip (around 5000 each).......oooops...i guess i crossed the budget limit....now what about the ICE :P .........or u can go in for 15 inch wheels n with the saved money u can probably buy a good HU n speakers...........now your car is done from the outside,but u dont have a loud ICE system in ur car.....the choice is yourz now buddy,sleeeek n HOT lambo doors or the *dham dham* public service hehe........i`d suggest u to go for the vertical doors....it isn`t as common as the loud ICE system (janta sewa :P)

best of luck!!!
Old 3rd March 2006, 01:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Swift is the clear winner here. It has better mileage, more power and more sex appeal. Lancer is way past its prime.
Old 3rd March 2006, 02:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Swift is the clear winner here. It has better mileage, more power and more sex appeal. Lancer is way past its prime.

But at a price less than the swift its much more tempting.
Old 3rd March 2006, 11:12   #8
BHPian

ok i am done and have decided wid the swift. Mods cud u plz lock this topic here? i am opening a new thread only for the swift, thanx
Old 3rd March 2006, 13:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

i suggest the swift as it is a new gen model, looks awesome and is very comfy... IMO the lancer is pretty outdated.... but the invecs model is tempting as it is very peppy.... all the best with ur decision....
Old 3rd March 2006, 14:33   #10
BHPian

Going to college in car !!! . Some thing I never dreamt off!!. Not even in bike. None of my friends in college came in car. Only very few came in bike. I guess Chennai/Tamilnadu is most conservative city which disallows students from coming in bike., forget car. Also parents doesn't encourage it. All the best for your new Swift. Why not Palio S10 ?

--
Palio/2002/21000km/chennai
Old 3rd March 2006, 14:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

if i were you i would go for the lancer.nothing better than those looks...man cant wait to get my hands on one.

Rev
Old 3rd March 2006, 15:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

@furioussphinx: U need a used petrol lancer. I had a 2000 model 2nd owner 70k done good example for sale at 2.3Lakhs. Sold it last week.

OT:
Quote:
Going to college in car !!! . Some thing I never dreamt off!!. Not even in bike. None of my friends in college came in car. Only very few came in bike. I guess Chennai/Tamilnadu is most conservative city which disallows students from coming in bike., forget car. Also parents doesn't encourage it. All the best for your new Swift. Why not Palio S10 ?
LOL, man.
All the 4yrs of engineering i travelled by car. I noticed that 90% of the college-goers travelling in cars were Maruti small-cars.
I used to travel by my ikon and had friends tagging along in Opel Vectras, Toyota Seras,Lancers.
We even had 4 superbikes coming to our college including a 2005 Yamaha R1, Kawasaki Ninja, Yamaha VMAX 1200, Honda VFR 800.

And best of all, this is Chennai

PS: btw, which college did u study in?? I went to Velammal .

Last edited by nitrous : 3rd March 2006 at 15:29.
Old 3rd March 2006, 16:02   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan
Going to college in car !!! . Some thing I never dreamt off!!. Not even in bike. None of my friends in college came in car. Only very few came in bike.

You said it - but things seem to have changed over the years. There's a lot more money available with youngsters these days.
Old 4th March 2006, 02:14   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag

You said it - but things seem to have changed over the years. There's a lot more money available with youngsters these days.
...I'm with u

BTW - I used to drive my dad's Amby - one with that diesel metador engine. WOW those were the days ....em

@Nitrous - You guys (chota bachas) are blessed...what else I could say.

@furioussphinx - Congrats and all the best on ur new car. Swift would be a better choice for your run-abouts. Of-course it has newer designs compared to lancer, peppy and looks gorgeous with those 16" wheel n low profile tires... enjoy n have fun.

Last edited by VtecDeGr8 : 4th March 2006 at 02:20.
Old 4th March 2006, 04:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

we had balenos, lancers and Vtecs in our own group. The vtec owner was a gal who never actually knew/used the potential a vtec has.

No superbikes but we had

my lml adreno with twin exhausts & a stock bajaj pulsar 180 v1
hero honda cbz
suzuki shaolin
yamaha rx135
a friend had a lightning 535 used by his dad which . was 5 times more heavier than him. LOLZ He himseld drove the 115 caliber.

I would still prefer a lancer for going to college. A jazzed up lancer cannot be caught up in looks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks