Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 17:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Micra Vs Polo. Heart vs mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Could you please let us know some reliable reference to the claim that Figo's engine does not last for more than 3 years?
Its is my personal opinion and sum opinion based on my friends experience with his figo. Don't want to land into controversies. Had I been an Indian politician I wound have withdrawn or changed my statement or taken a complete U turn. My humble apology if I am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

And why is it heart vs mind? How come Polo appeal to your mind? Sorry I did not find anything practical that appealed to you in Polo. You just talked about the build quality, looks etc which are more of a matter of heart than mind!

I strongly suggest you get your priorities sorted and rethink your choices!
My heart says micra coz its such a cute looking car and will complement my Dad . And what choices will you like me to rethink?
Old 18th October 2011, 18:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Micra Vs Polo. Heart vs mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Its is my personal opinion and sum opinion based on my friends experience with his figo. Don't want to land into controversies. Had I been an Indian politician I wound have withdrawn or changed my statement or taken a complete U turn. My humble apology if I am wrong.

My heart says micra coz its such a cute looking car and will complement my Dad . And what choices will you like me to rethink?
You have 5 priorities out of which each car could be commented on for only 1 of them and other aspects are either unknown or not applicable and hence I thought you should be re thinking about your choices. Because long term reliability, A.S.S and low cost of maintenance are something unknown for the cars you have chosen, since you mentioned them as priorities, it gave me an impression that you might have been confused! If you are not then Micra is a good choice
Old 20th October 2011, 20:20   #18
BHPian

Re: Heart vs mind : Nissan Micra vs VW Polo

Booked Micra XV diesel (cherry red) finally. Took a TD again in bumper to bumper traffic. Polos turbo lag shows up, steering it for long in city can be painful. But Polo rules the highway. It gives a SUV like feel. Micra is really fun to drive in city traffic. Steering is a breeze. Engine is peppy at low revs.
Old 21st October 2011, 05:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Booked Micra XV diesel (cherry red) finally. Took a TD again in bumper to bumper traffic. Polos turbo lag shows up, steering it for long in city can be painful. But Polo rules the highway. It gives a SUV like feel. Micra is really fun to drive in city traffic. Steering is a breeze. Engine is peppy at low revs.
Congratulations, may you have many many safe miles in your micra, yes Micra should be fun to drive in city not only because of its size but better drivability as well, and it does look cute.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 09:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Lovely decision, congratulations and wish you many happy miles ahead!
Old 18th January 2012, 02:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

@bravo82in: Can you put up a review of the car? It's been quite some time & I am assuming your dad is already driving the car.

Please also put up the details & your experience with the dealer where you bought it from.
Old 14th March 2012, 23:29   #22
BANNED

Polo diesel and Nissan Micra TD...Quite impressed by them

I am looking for a diesel hatchback. I started off with the TD of Volkswagen Polo...One look at the car and I was bowled over by the fit and finish, paint job and overall quality...The only drawback would be the transmission tunnel hump at the back and the cramped rear seat...The looks of the car made me forget the short-comings so decided to have a TD of it.

Yes, there is a bit of turbo-lag and the pick was a bit slow but the overall driveability was good...The brakes were excellent as was the gearshift and the ride quality. The only thing I am a little skeptical about is on the FE front. Overall I was quite impressed by it...Volkswagen has played a masterstroke by designing the Polo the way they have and on the fit and finish front. If they just had put a more powerful engine, I am sure it would have overtaken the Swift Diesel.

After test driving the polo I went to Nissan showroom to checkout the Micra diesel. I liked the cute exteriors and interiors of the car. It has got more space inside than the Polo apart from the boot space. Push-button start and keyless entry are cool features. Driver airbag as standard is good thing. I wonder why people say that Micra is priced much higher than Swift diesel. The features of Micra XV model are comparable to Swift VDI model and the Micra offers more features than the latter like push-button start, keyless entry, airbag, CD player, a bigger boot etc. The fit and finish was good but not of Polo's class. One point I would like to ask the BHPians who own a Micra is that if the paint quality of the car is good enough because it seems the Micra catches scars very easily. It was time for a TD. As soon as i pressed the accelerator, I was taken aback by the surge with which the car moved. I really wondered if i was driving a petrol or diesel. GC is on a lower side and the brakes are a bit mushy but the overall driving experience was simply amazing.

I had gone to clear my confusion and choose between the two cars but came out more confused. One car's strength is the other car's weakness and vice-versa...
Old 13th April 2012, 18:53   #23
BHPian

Sorry to hi jack this thread. I don't want to start a new conversation:

Which car is recommended between Nissan Micra and Honda Brio (Petrol only)?
Old 13th April 2012, 19:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Sorry to hi jack this thread. I don't want to start a new conversation:

Which car is recommended between Nissan Micra and Honda Brio (Petrol only)?
IMHO, in terms of driving pleasure, Brio is a better car than Micra. test drive both of them and you'd love the revv happy engine of Brio.
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 19:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
IMHO, in terms of driving pleasure, Brio is a better car than Micra. test drive both of them and you'd love the revv happy engine of Brio.
I'm sure about that - have test driven both and obviously like how the Brio drives, (I personally can't get to like either since I drive the OHC )

Major points to keep in mind:
Car will be driven by my wife
Economical - in terms of maintenance costs and mileage
Everyday city drive of 10kms. Occasional drive of 100kms on the weekend.
Might take it out of town once a year.

Since the Micra is a very 'girly' looking car, her heart is set on it. However, her head says Brio, (thanks to me ).

Price is the same for both and so to choose amongst these two is a real pain.
Old 13th April 2012, 21:14   #26
BHPian

I would go with BRIO - the reason - 1.2 ltr engine is hoot to drive and its the same which is available in Jazz, which mean better pickup due to lower weight and fun to drive. Honda engines are known to be economical and Brio engine is no different. Resale for Honda will be better than Nissan. Not sure about the maintenance aspect as never owned a Nissan but Honda maintenance is slightly on a higher side. Though not sure if that is true for BRIO.

Honda too is cute car, but yes Micra is a very girly looking.

One aspect that I would like to inform is that in one of the leading car magazine, for cons in Nissan is mentioned - against Throttle response for Petrol,
Con for Honda - small boot.

If I had to buy though, I would have picked up the HONDA BRIO anyday.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks