Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2012, 07:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1.5 year old Alto K10 with 2,000 kms OR new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kerDem0n View Post
You nailed it - I was impressed with the 1000 cc engine. I think the ever active oldies on Team BHP and everyone else nailed it on this forum as to what would be a smart decision - a new car. I like the K10.

Haggling at Sagar for new and going to Kalyani with it and asking if they can match - that's the plan. As a sales guy myself, I know how bad it is to 'create need' and not get paid off, I'd give Kalyani that opportunity. The credit on decision is mine and the driver Team BHP.
The heart wants what the heart wants and head says is bad. In that case, push for more discounts at kalyani. You should be able to mark the car down close to 300,000. That would be a good price.

Please take a mechanically inclined friend, or even better a mechanic to check out the car. A one year warranty is useful but why take a risk.

We look forward to seeing your car at the next tbhp meet
Old 8th November 2012, 07:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kerDem0n View Post
I was impressed with the 1000 cc engine. I think the ever active oldies on Team BHP and everyone else nailed it on this forum as to what would be a smart decision - a new car. I like the K10.
As you need it, try and obtain the following also at zero-cost in addition to other freebies, which would serve you in the long run.
  1. Get extended warranty
  2. Many dealers vow have a package wherein all labour charges are free against a payment of around Rs 4000 for five years.
Old 8th November 2012, 11:40   #18
BHPian

Man, I seriously think that you should go ahead and buy a new Alto 800 if point A to B travel is what you require. Instead of buying the mentioned Alto K10 at that price, it would be better to buy Alto 800 or else look at some other options in the used car market (avoiding Maruti as they have the highest resale value).
Old 15th November 2012, 22:12   #19

I appreciate all the advise - thank you. I negotiated a better price and thought 3.25 Lakhs was worth it for the used car. I got 75k for my car after negotiation.

I have posted a classified ad to sell my car (on here only obviously) - if someone wants to buy it for 80k here, perfect. Else, it goes to the dealer and I get a good K10 on Wednesday, 21st Nov

Will post ownership review when I have the new car - excited about it. Plan to drive down to Mysore next weekend.
P0kerDem0n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 18:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

That is quite a price to pay for a 1.5 year old K10.

I would suggest like others that you get a new K10. The difference is marginal. Please note that accessories are discounted heavily in second hand market, so after 1.5 years the accessories will be valued at not more than 25% of their original value (if at all).

Here in Delhi my Aug'2010 K10 Vxi is valued at around 2L, where as the new car is available at 3.3 or less depending on the discounts. Extrapolating that to your car it should not cost more than 3L.
Old 23rd November 2012, 03:35   #21
BHPian

Even i have the same opinion that a new car is a better buy in your case as the difference is marginal.
Have you considered trading in your Maruti 800 with a dealer in exchange for the new car and got the quote for the same ?
If not, i would advice you the same.
The joy of owning a new car is priceless.
I have driven Alto back in India rigorously, say 100-150 kms a day in Hyderabad traffic and i can vouch that a new Alto is reliable enough to serve you for atleast 5-8 years without any major issue at all, depending on your use.
Also consider whether do you really require leather seats ?
Old 7th December 2012, 22:53   #22

Hello All! I'm madly in love with 'Choco chip' (My wife and her sister did the christening). Though I miss my old 'Blueberry' - the M800, I think I'm all set to wed this beauty. Pics and full review of buying experience and initial ownership soon.

Thanks all!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks