Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2006, 17:13   #16
Team-BHP Support

If she does not care about having a Hyundai marque in her garage (some do)or about the looks (the Swift's looks have alone found it many buyers) I'd say Getz. It is the easist car to drive this side of a Honda CVT.
Old 9th May 2006, 17:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If she does not care about having a Hyundai marque in her garage (some do)or about the looks
Hyundai- No Problemo as far as the marque goes- only concern about the long term (read 5 years) ownership prospect vis a vis the future of the company in India.

Looks- Pretty inoffensive looks IMHO- not a trendsetter, but no ugly duckling either.

Guss it is the getz GLX then. Now just gotta figure out what kind of discounts the dealer wil give. He was mentioning 25 K- free insurance plus 5%finance payout.

will kep u guys posted. Thanks for all ur replies
Old 9th May 2006, 17:27   #18
BHPian

Hey, I think getz is ofcourse a good choice.. Was watching Car and Bike show on NDTV yesterday and they were mentioning about fitting a 1.1 litre engine to getz in order to claim the low excise duty.. Perhaps you need to check this out for the timing of you buying the car.. Otherwise, Getz should be a perfect fit..
Old 13th May 2006, 23:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Himanshu.... THE Aveo HAtch???.. IS that not round the corner??

Last edited by kb100 : 13th May 2006 at 23:12.
Old 14th May 2006, 04:38   #20
Team-BHP Support

hyundai wont go the daewoo way because the circumstances are very different in this case. Getz is an amazing car. Have one in the family. Taken her through the scorching heat of rajasthan to snow in himachal, no issues, damn reliable decent FE and loads of space.
Old 14th May 2006, 08:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
My question to you guys is- would you recommend anyone to buy a Hyundai product, given the scandal of bribery in Korea and the arrest of the Hyundai chairman?
Man! That is no reason to reject the GetZ. I like the looks of GetZ over Swift any day.

However if they offer you Subbu's job, you have good reasons to have second thoughts.
Old 14th May 2006, 19:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
Hey, I think getz is ofcourse a good choice.. Was watching Car and Bike show on NDTV yesterday and they were mentioning about fitting a 1.1 litre engine to getz in order to claim the low excise duty.. Perhaps you need to check this out for the timing of you buying the car.. Otherwise, Getz should be a perfect fit..
Overseas the 1.1 is the base engine for Getz. This comined with the exise duty cut will make it a great deal, might be a little underpowered.
Old 15th May 2006, 09:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all ur responses.

My mom has gone ahead and booked the Getz GLS- Red from Samara Hyundai in Lajpat Nagar Delhi.

she was not too chuffed with the sales experience though, but decided to let it pass.

here are the offers:

25 k cash discount
15 K on finance payout
free Pioneer CD P3 player
I think she got a good deal. Initial impressions are quite good and my dad is pretty happy with the AC of the car.

will kep u guys poseted as we go along!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks