Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2006, 09:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphean
Thanks guys for the useful inputs. This forum is a like gods gift ( especially for confused guys like me ).
I pretty much feel good about all aspects of Palio ( mileage, performance, value for money, interiors, resale etc etc ). But the only thing that still worries me is its quality of After sale service and what if TATA decides to call of the tie up tomorrow.
I hope my heart wins over my head here..

If tata decides to call off the tie up, then the brilliant fiat Multijet diesel will go out of the window for tata since fiat engines ar ethe main reason y tata has entered into this alliance!

So rest assured buddy, tata gains more from this alliance than fiat. Plus Ratan Tata is now on teh board of Fiat Italy.

So go ahead and buy the car. u wont regret it!
Old 10th July 2006, 11:36   #17
BHPian

Well, I don't want to ruffle any italian feathers. But here are some info I got from my friends who own FIAT and TATA

1) I have not heard about any substantial improvement in after sales service to the FIAT owners due to the TATA-FIAT tie-up.

2) The TATA after sales service itself is nothing to write home about. Please search TBHP and you'll get an idea.

Above all, its your car, your decision. Happy hunting!!
Old 10th July 2006, 15:30   #18
BHPian

Cmon,
Why do u call urself a fool? Well its being wise here (no offense meant ). Requirements for car differ from person to person. For some buying M800 is foolish, for some buying Palio is foolish. It depends on wat u want, Ok i m not here for perception management, anyway i bought a used Palio 1.6 GTX a month ago, brilliant machine and superb engineering. its a perfect car, go ahead and buy a palio.
Regarding service yes i visited Mallik motors in Hyd, i had a good response. i saw some good palios in for service. And guess wat there are spares available which is cool to me. i however got the servicing done by Anuroop only. however i changed bulbs and other small stuff from TATA guys.
This car is built to perform. If mileage is not ur constraint then it would be fooling not to buy 1.6 rather. :-)
Old 10th July 2006, 16:53   #19
BHPian

Go for the Palio.Drive it to feel it!!.You will want to book it soon.
Old 11th July 2006, 18:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Palio rocks !!!!!!!!. I own since a year and have not faced any major issues. About after sales service, TATA delaers will take some time as you cant be expert overnight.. Go for it and burn the rubber......

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport/ 13 KMPL/ AND IT ROCKS !!!!
Old 13th July 2006, 12:31   #21
BHPian

Hi! I have been interactive with 2 Tata-Fiat dealers in Mumbai and I must say that the initial response has been quite encouraging. They are very cordial and quite responsive. I am in the process of buying a car and very eagerly considering buying a FIAT (Adventure may be!). In the process, I have spoken to some of the owners who are getting their car serviced from Tata-Fiat dealers and the experience is Ok to Good. Nothing more and nothing less!

I hope it helps

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks