View Poll Results: Micra CVT or Brio AT
Micra CVT 24 52.17%
Brio AT 22 47.83%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2015, 13:07   #46
BHPian

Re: Help in purchasing an Auto-transmission hatch

Recently we have replaced i10 auto with Micra CVT for my dad. It comes with dual airbags and all other creature comforts like start stop button, folding mirrors, Bluetooth connectivity, Auto climate controls among others. We have been driving it in the city and the mileage that we are getting is also more than 12. It is a great car to drive in city. We are very happy with our purchase.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 13:29   #47
Team-BHP Support

If you want a proper autobox (and not the AMT variety), the Brio and the Micra/Pulse are your best options. I'd personally take the Brio among the two.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 13:48   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

In the current market and also in your shortlisted cars, I would suggest The Brio.
It may be on the higher side of your budget, but you won't be disappointed at all and will have total peace of mind.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 13:56   #49
Senior - BHPian

Brio AT would be best option in my opinion. i10 is known for its fuel guzzling habits. Plus the 4-speed auto is stone age.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 14:01   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

It should be a toss up between the Brio AT and the Micra CVT. Since it is purely city use, Micra will serve your needs well. Comes with ABS Airbags and is also more well loaded than the Brio. Suggest you do a TD of the Micra also.

From a fun to drive perspective, the Brio is the better choice.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 14:25   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have a 2012 Brio AT and it is a real beauty! My wife and I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
If you want a proper autobox (and not the AMT variety), the Brio and the Micra/Pulse are your best options. I'd personally take the Brio among the two.
Thanks sgiitk! My mom did a TD too and she loves it too! Basically owning a Honda City made me feel that the Brio has the same dna.
@Chetan_Rao: Might finally go into deciding after TDing the micra xtronic cvt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
In the current market and also in your shortlisted cars, I would suggest The Brio.
It may be on the higher side of your budget, but you won't be disappointed at all and will have total peace of mind.
Yes Hemant, You are absolutely right.. I had the city (2010 model) for three years as well as currently owning the new city (2014) and the after sales service is almost hassle free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Recently we have replaced i10 auto with Micra CVT for my dad. It comes with dual airbags and all other creature comforts like start stop button, folding mirrors, Bluetooth connectivity, Auto climate controls among others. We have been driving it in the city and the mileage that we are getting is also more than 12. It is a great car to drive in city. We are very happy with our purchase.

That's great @rutvij and an interesting option as well! will do a TD soon this week. How is the after sales service experience? I heard that Renault and Nissan are relatively poor in this compared to the likes of Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
It should be a toss up between the Brio AT and the Micra CVT. Since it is purely city use, Micra will serve your needs well. Comes with ABS Airbags and is also more well loaded than the Brio. Suggest you do a TD of the Micra also.

From a fun to drive perspective, the Brio is the better choice.
Yes I guess it finally brims up to this point! I didn't like the 4sp auto box as i did on the brio's 5sp !. @Rajeevraj The Brio was like a pocket rocket compared to the i10.

I guess the TD experience, after sales service, rear seat comfort and resale will probably decide whether its Micra or Brio.

@all, thanks for your inputs. Will probably take the call to buy within next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
You have clearly made a good choice , Brio AT is a good car and it suits your budget too. I heard that E20 will need battery replacement after 2-3 years of usage (not sure though) . I doubt if E20 comes with ABS or Airbgs and it certainly is not a safe car even within city limits. Brio on the other hand can double up as your weekend getaway car for all those short drives and accommodate a couple of friends / relatives in the back seat while still taking care of all your grocery shopping.
Yes , @Girimajiananth the battery needs replacement(based on discharge and the level of abuse it takes) after three years of warranty replacing it breaks the bank! heard that a new battery pack costs around 2 lacs. The E2O doesn't come with ABS nor Airbags. PS in available only on the top trim.
Eventhough they claim there are crumple zones, rods and stuff its all plastic body doesn't impress me much(looks like a toy-car). Might go for the Brio AT after considering Micra CVT.

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th January 2015 at 16:52. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Rev_That_V8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 14:52   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_That_V8 View Post

I am now on the hunt for a hatchback with the following constraints:
Probably you should wait a couple of months. With many upcoming launches rumored like the new Ritz, New Figo, Bolt, Kite, YRA etc. it is wise to play the waiting game if it allows you to. Also, you should take a look at Hyundai i10 Grande Auto and Nissan Micra Auto.

But, your best option now might be to pick up a used Honda Brio because it will give you real VFM. Honda brand can be trusted for niggle-free cars and since its an Auto, chances are less that it has been abused. If a used car can quench your thirst, this is the best option.
twin_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 15:41   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin_turbo View Post
Probably you should wait a couple of months. With many upcoming launches rumored like the new Ritz, New Figo, Bolt, Kite, YRA etc. it is wise to play the waiting game if it allows you to. Also, you should take a look at Hyundai i10 Grande Auto and Nissan Micra Auto.

But, your best option now might be to pick up a used Honda Brio because it will give you real VFM. Honda brand can be trusted for niggle-free cars and since its an Auto, chances are less that it has been abused. If a used car can quench your thirst, this is the best option.
Sure! I had planned to wait but my dad insists on buying the car before the price hike as i can save around 20K~30K.
The Ritz : never liked the design of it. guess it doesn't feature an Autobox.
New Figo: Lovely Design esp. the frontal fascia looks like an Aston Martin. the pricing will play a role here and may take several months for it launch.
Bolt: Never a Tata in my life. and i read that bolt doesn't feature an autobox in the near future.
Maruti YRA: same reason as the celerio . Highly interested in maruti for its excellent service and network of dealerships and its hassle free maintenance. celerio's lack of many a features with absence of a top-end AMT makes me ponder not to choose this.
I10 Grand: 4speed outdated tranny and its cost higher to a better honda brio makes me think not to go for it.

On the used car thought: my parents wish to have a new car instead of a used one and i cant find many used Brios AT on the market (mostly outside Tamil Nadu are available meaning spending on NOC's and change in registrations will add to cost.

Thanks for the heads up though will be hunting for used ones too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Not long ago I read on this very same forum about Nissan's horror stories about their customer service and the non availability of spares. Considering how rare CVTs are in that segment , I would suggest you to stay clear from Nissan. Honda at least has a better dealer network . I guess you will be sitting in the crumple zone inside an e20 .

Do let us know about your final decision.
That's really a valuable piece of advice! It would probably take a lot of hits and misses for the Nissan to better their after sales service, makes me inch closer to the Brio ! and sure! the final decision will not be far away.

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th January 2015 at 16:50.
Old 5th January 2015, 15:57   #54
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra CVT or Honda Brio AT

Quote:

Yes , @Girimajiananth the battery needs replacement(based on discharge and the level of abuse it takes) after three years of warranty replacing it breaks the bank! heard that a new battery pack costs around 2 lacs . The E2O doesn't come with ABS nor Airbags. PS in available only on the top trim.
Eventhough they claim there are crumple zones, rods and stuff its all plastic body doesn't impress me much(looks like a toy-car). Might go for the Brio AT after considering Micra CVT.
Not long ago I read on this very same forum about Nissan's horror stories about their customer service and the non availability of spares. Considering how rare CVTs are in that segment , I would suggest you to stay clear from Nissan. Honda at least has a better dealer network . I guess you will be sitting in the crumple zone inside an e20 .

Do let us know about your final decision.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 01:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

I believe you ought to ask a few colleagues about the quality of Nissan service in your area and if they say it is alright, then go for the Micra as it is the perfect city car. The CVT is way better than the torque converter in the Brio, the engine is tuned for better response at the low-end, build, interiors, features and safety are other areas where the Micra outclasses the Brio so it would be silly to not give the car a shot just because of a couple of stories, the likes of which I have heard about every manufacturer
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 20:47   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I believe you ought to ask a few colleagues about the quality of Nissan service in your area and if they say it is alright, then go for the Micra as it is the perfect city car. The CVT is way better than the torque converter in the Brio, the engine is tuned for better response at the low-end, build, interiors, features and safety are other areas where the Micra outclasses the Brio so it would be silly to not give the car a shot just because of a couple of stories, the likes of which I have heard about every manufacturer
Sure IshaanIan . Never i will leave the car without giving it a shot. Will do a TD this weekend with Avenue Nissan and take the final call (as price will be the decider if it overhauls/equals the brio). I do have a couple of Nissan Sunny owners nearby me and that's a good place to start regarding service as you rightly mentioned. Thanks a lot.. will ask them too
Old 6th January 2015, 21:10   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
+1. A.S.S. experiences vary widely based on one's location and the dealer one chooses to patronize. Even the much maligned VW and Skoda have some satisfied owners, so it's sound advice to base one's choice on what's available in the vicinity, not necessarily what the general perception is.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th January 2015 at 21:38.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 13:48   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's really a valuable piece of advice! It would probably take a lot of hits and misses for the Nissan to better their after sales service, makes me inch closer to the Brio ! and sure! the final decision will not be far away.
If the requirement is primarily for the city it should not be a big problem. Sunny and Scala are also on the same CVT. There are some owners of them too. You can check with them. And primarily it will the dealership in your city which decide the response.
Old 13th January 2015, 17:43   #59
BHPian

My experience with Nissan staring from the booking to the 1st service has been satisfactory, if that helps.

A new version Brio has been launched. That can be an icing on the cake if you have already finalized Brio.
Old 30th January 2015, 14:50   #60
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio AT

I have been looking to purchase an automatic hatch ever since I developed a problem with my left wrist but the scarcity of reliable automatic hatches with safety features is real problem. For some time considered dropping the Airbags requirement but then these things cant be retrofitted.

I had done a TD of the Brio manual some time back but did not like its built quality and interiors. Somehow it just felt inferior to my Ritz which has served us brilliantly past 5.5yrs. The ride also felt very boucy and loud thuds were coming from the suspension. The SA blamed it on the test vehicle not being serviced yet and being one from the very first lot of cars. I had test drove the Amaze earlier than that but the ride was much better. Not sure if it was an issue with the TD vehicle only? Can anyone advise?

Was not able to TD the automatic. They have an Amaze AT for TD which I am thinking of doing.

Now the SA just informed me that they have a couple of Dec 2014 Brio ATs which they are selling at a substantial discount. The discount puts it at a little more than par with the pricing of a Ritz AT which comes with a 4 speed transmission and no airbags. The SA is not averse to thorough PDI or multiple PDIs. In fact the Honda SA has been really nice and patient. Sometimes pushy but never unpleasant.

Have not considered Micra due to ASS. Being a woman who will be driving single most of the times, cant take a gamble on ASS. Plus, the current deal makes it about a lac costlier than the Brio VX AT.

Really confused if I should consider the deal. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks