Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2006, 12:57   #31
BHPian

one thing is for sure-if you love driving,you will never ever regret a palio 1.6!!
i sold my accent crdi for a palio 1.6 recently.agreed,the mileage is low,quality of interiors not upto accent standards and service is an issue(tata guys yet to lear how to fix and tune palios) but one drive and i am on cloud no. 9!!i never got that feeling with the accent!!
congrats on your decision for the palio
Old 10th November 2006, 15:24   #32
Team-BHP Support

Praneet. Call me if you need any help in getting a good deal. I feel I got one and can help you out. Shrivz has my number.
Old 10th November 2006, 20:35   #33
BHPian

congrats praneet, can you please share with us the reason to go for 1.6 .
carfreak whats the avg. you are geting.
Old 11th November 2006, 00:28   #34
BHPian

palio is a good option but check for the after sales service and where as hyundai has got a good service..
Old 11th November 2006, 15:37   #35
BHPian

Palio is a good choice.
Old 11th November 2006, 20:13   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayuin2004
palio is a good option but check for the after sales service and where as hyundai has got a good service..
Fiat service is good in Pune. He shouldn't face problems!
Old 13th November 2006, 11:14   #37
BHPian

Moralfibre thanks for the help and i am meeting the guys at Jay Vijay today.

Fightclub the main reason for the car are the price, performance, spares not being too expensive (in comparison), sales service is decent and Fiat does have some serious plans for India. I am not too bothered about FE as the car would be driven for 20-25 km per day.
Old 13th November 2006, 20:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Just to update you.... FIAT will be pumping 2000 cr /- for Indian operations... So everybody at Team-BHP saying FIAT gonna quit should now at least keep quite abt it..... About A.S.S. in Pune, you just dont worry... I bought my car from Jay-Vijay and the overall experience is good... Even Ashwamegh is descent enough.... So dont worry about A.S.S. Well abt spare parts cost... Autocar India Nov has a comparision n u wud surprise to see Swift is ruling the chart of most expensive to maintain car (In hatchback category)...

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport / 13 KMPL / AND IT ROCKS !!!!
Old 13th November 2006, 23:26   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels
Just to update you.... FIAT will be pumping 2000 cr /- for Indian operations... So everybody at Team-BHP saying FIAT gonna quit should now at least keep quite abt it..... About A.S.S. in Pune, you just dont worry... I bought my car from Jay-Vijay and the overall experience is good... Even Ashwamegh is descent enough.... So dont worry about A.S.S. Well abt spare parts cost... Autocar India Nov has a comparision n u wud surprise to see Swift is ruling the chart of most expensive to maintain car (In hatchback category)...

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport / 13 KMPL / AND IT ROCKS !!!!
Congrats on your new ride !! I picked up my 1.2 elx recently from Jay-Vijay. Out of curiosity, how many kms were logged in when your car was delivered?
Old 14th November 2006, 21:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

I dont exactly remember... But I believe it was less than 20KM. Delaer filled 10 lts of petrol on delivery... n then sweet box etc... I bought it in Apr 2005

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport
Old 28th November 2006, 20:54   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I dont exactly remember... But I believe it was less than 20KM. Delaer filled 10 lts of petrol on delivery... n then sweet box etc... I bought it in Apr 2005

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport
20kms.....damn, I had just over a 100kms on the odo when the car was delivered. I know I shudn't have taken delivery but then again, am sure she will perform without any hiccups. (keeping my fingers crossed)
Old 4th December 2006, 19:33   #42

getz look great feel it ? u can rave this car i touch 155 (top speed)
Old 5th December 2006, 06:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhi_pre View Post
getz look great feel it ? u can rave this car i touch 155 (top speed)
Looks of a car is subjective... I love looks of palio more than getz. I think, no hatch can beat the performance figures of palio 1.6.
Old 5th December 2006, 12:01   #44
BHPian

Hi

I have hit 160 on my palio 1.2 i wondr wht a 1.6 can do ??????
Old 6th December 2006, 04:28   #45
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praneet71 View Post
Hi,

I have been trying to find some thread that compares palio GTX and Hyundai Getz and couldnt find one. I am looking to change my car and cant deceide between these two. I believe there isnt too much of a difference between the price of the two, therefore this question.

My driving is restricted to 20-25km per day but i generally keep a car for 5-6 years.

Looking for :

Performance
Relaibility

Cheers

hey parneet ..
well looking at your requirements, performance wise the palio is way better and reliability wise its a close call.. just because of hyundai's service network the ball is in the getz's court..
also you mentioned you keep the car for 5 to 6 years.. in that case the palio will be a better choice.. fiat cars are stronger in the long run..
and fuel efficency wise both the cars are pretty much the same. but with the 1.6 palio you get a lot of performance.

only thing is that check weather you have good service stations in your city for fiats. tata does the sales work for fiat cars now so hopefully you will have a couple of dealers..

hope this helps
later
JRD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks