Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2007, 12:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I think you should look at the Chevy UV-A and the Xeta 1.4.
isn't Xeta 1.4 discontinued? I thought its been replaced by the 1.2 L engine..
Old 4th January 2007, 12:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
isn't Xeta 1.4 discontinued? I thought its been replaced by the 1.2 L engine..
I believe both versions are available - the 1.2 and the 1.4.
Old 4th January 2007, 12:27   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

As someone said, you wont be impressed with the Wagon R/ Estilo since you didnt like Santro.

Look at a Swift or the Getz.
Old 4th January 2007, 12:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thank your lucky stars that you did not go ahead with a deal that you did not actually like. consider the u-va before jumping to conclusions about swift.
Old 4th January 2007, 12:43   #20
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

I had a deal with trident-bangalore for santro XO,with year end discounts for the exchange of zen,
First of all, i don't like the santro, but the year end offer's attracted me to book , after booking on 27th dec, i got the chance to ride my friend's 2004 santro xing, 15k done, i don't like a drive compare to my peppy old zen, on 30th dec the sales person are not ready to make delivery on 31st dec. & he asked me to pay extra 10k, bcaz of under quote for my zen, so this encouraged me cancell the deal & sold my zen to same agent for good price, god only saved me from santro!!!
You find the old Zen "peppy" as compared to the Santro Xing. The figures, however, say that there is very little to choose between the two. Based on my experience with the Santro, I will back the new Xing any day against the old Zen, whether in the city or the highway (assuming both are unmodified). The Xing has higher torque and greater maneuverability (min. turning radius 4.4 m versus 4.9 m for the old Zen) plus it is more comfortable, so it should have its nose ahead in the city. On the highway, I am willing to back the Xing due to its wider tyres and exceptional handling, but I am sure many T-BHP driving enthusiasts will contest this.

The reason you find the Santro or the Estilo "sluggish" as compared to your old Zen is, I suspect, purely psychological, due to the tall-boy design of the Santro or the Estilo. I used to get the same feeling after I switched from Maruti 800 to Santro. With Maruti 800 I used to get the feeling that I am moving really fast even at 70-80 kmph, whereas with the Santro I thought the car was not moving at all, due to the greater ride height. Especially in third gear, you will get this feeling -- I suggest you look down at your speedo, and it will tell you that the car is really not sluggish in this speed range.

In summary, God did not save you from the Santro. On the other hand, God probably decided that you didn't deserve the Santro. Well, just kidding. The Swift is clearly in a different class from the Santro and so it should serve your needs better, if you are not too bothered about VFM.
Old 4th January 2007, 12:46   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
The UVA is not the Matiz. The UVA is the hatch back version of the Aveo which is based on the Daewoo Lanos (I think Lanos is wrong!? or Nubira?), and was also called the Daewoo Kalos.

The Daewoo Matiz is to be relaunched as the Chevy Spark, albeit with a 1 liter engine.

but would the Chevy Spark with a 1.2 liter engine be more sprightly??
Vid knows that

What he meant was that the U-VA is a daewoo car, same as Matiz which was also a Daewoo car. He didnt mean that the U-VA is the Matiz
Old 4th January 2007, 13:27   #22
BANNED

Congratulations on cancelling the Santro!!

I think you should opt for a WagonR or Swift as you are pretty comfortable with Maruti-Suzuki vehicles.

I would also suggest you to opt out of Fiat vehicles too.

Please take this as my personal opinion and nothing more.
Old 4th January 2007, 13:28   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I believe both versions are available - the 1.2 and the 1.4.
Yes, Both are available. Last week my colleague bought a XEAT 1.4. Indica XETA 1.4 is indeed a very good option. He bought it for 3.76L OTR in Bangalore. Car has improved a lot since I test drove indica XETA 8 months back, specially interiors ( I see less rough edges now). It has got a good low and mid range tourqe (124 NM better than swift's 113 NM). Mileage and serives may not be the best in class but then you get a very spacious car fully loaded for 3.76 OTR with a 1.4 Ltr engine and 124 NM tourqe. A option worth giving a try I guess.
Swift surely is more refind and is a blast on highway. I am not sure about ride quality but handling in swift is much better than indica also mileage and A.S.S is surely better. But then all this comes with a price of 1 lac more.
Old 4th January 2007, 14:04   #24
Team-BHP Support

Thank you nikhilb2008. I tried posting that but my net connection went off and post got lost.

Exactly I was saying that both are daewoo products.

It may be under powered but the ride and handling will be similar to the aveo since it shares the same platform which is good.

The getz is spacious but underpowered as well. It is also due for a face lift shortly.

The swift although powerful is cramped compared to the getz and U-VA and refinement levels aren't as good either compared to the other 2.

Go take a test drive and decide after that. I have a feeling the U-VA will suit you best.
Old 4th January 2007, 14:44   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

I had a deal with trident-bangalore for santro XO,with year end discounts for the exchange of zen,
First of all, i don't like the santro, but the year end offer's attracted me to book , after booking on 27th dec, i got the chance to ride my friend's 2004 santro xing, 15k done, i don't like a drive compare to my peppy old zen, on 30th dec the sales person are not ready to make delivery on 31st dec. & he asked me to pay extra 10k, bcaz of under quote for my zen, so this encouraged me cancell the deal & sold my zen to same agent for good price, god only saved me from santro!!!

I took the test drive of Estilo, i feel some sluggish in 3rd gear, easy handling, good interiors, exterior looks not impressive, asked for chevy uva, test drive only after 10th jan, we can't compare GM with maruti in ***, i wan't VFM car, thinking togo for SWIFT Vxi red, i want to keep the car for next minimum 5yrs peacefully,
so, dear BHPians this is the time to give me a valuable suggetion's.

Off late - Wishing you a happy & safe driving in new year 2007
---------------

Well if you want a performance driven hatch and VFM car then look no further than SWIFT.

However i would strongly recommend that test drive Aveo UVA and i have a gut feeling that you will like it and mind you GM service is better than Honda guys (forget others like ford and all) who have an indifferent attitude.

I am saying this bcoz of my ownership experience with Aveo.

Take your pick bcoz at the end of it you gotta own it.
Old 4th January 2007, 15:04   #26
BWN
BHPian

It's worth to wait for the UV-A.You can go for the swift anytime, so i suggest you to wait for a couple of days and test the UV-A.Going by the specs, its very impressive but engine is theoritically underpowered.Things might turn out in a different way after a Test drive.

You can even consider the palio 1.2 if you dont mind the Fiat background.bangalore has pretty good backup for fiat.Low mileage of 1.2 is just a myth.All the best for your hunt.
Old 4th January 2007, 15:12   #27
BHPian

Swift, Getz and Aveo UVA should be the ones you look for.

Swift for performance, better FE, Getz for spaciousness, comfort and lower maintenance cost and Aveo you gotta test drive as its a newly launched car.
Old 4th January 2007, 20:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Except for its bumpy ride Santro is great alrounder, for congested city driving its really great car in its segment and above as well.

Swift's spares are costly so maintenance will be more in its class, otherwise its good car. Test drive UVA since its new car risk factor is more since its GM. Its 30K overpriced for its engine spec. I thought by introducing 1.2 ltr engine by taking tax benefits GM will price UVA very well but they over priced it.

People prefer MUL cars because of the value buy pricing. Thats one point I liked about MUL cars.

Regards.

Ravi.
Old 4th January 2007, 22:14   #29
Team-BHP Support

Swift Would be the best option...

As for the U-VA.. will be underpowered, looking at the specs... Also the Getz is in for a facelift by end- Jan (CRDi is only in next year, its just the facelift)
Old 4th January 2007, 22:29   #30
BHPian

Santro booking cancelled-what next?

Hi,

Today i took test drive of swift & estilo again, first it was with pratham motors, today with RNS, i don't find any sluggish in 3rd gear as i said earlier,[it may have some problem with the car in pratham] i crossed 100 mark for a few seconds on outer ring road, stability matter's here, for bumper to bumper traffic no problem, after this i took swift zxi for the first time, Ohh, it's driving pleasure, handling, shifting gear's, braking were great[ABS], almost decided to go for swift vxi[with streching my budget to max.] final prices for new year will be known on friday, only 1st year insurance & standard accessories are offered at RNS, further details awaited......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks