Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2007, 12:10   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Whatever be the on paper numbers, Indica's do feel a lot more spacious than Swifts.

Although you have decided on your purchase I'm still wondering. For the VDi you'll be paying almost 2.5 to 3 L more for the new car .. considering you get a decent resale value on the Xeta and that you are taking a loan for the Swift.
Your diesel savings over 5 years with your current running will be around 1.2L .. would you be driving more than double what you are right now ? 'Coz otherwise economically it isn't a great bargain.
Also, consciously driving more to make up the cost also means you spend more money where you need not have.

Having said that - if you just feel like going for a new car, then dump the economics and go ahead and buy it
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll View Post
I agree with SHUVC.
I really don't get, why you are going for a hatchback, when you already have fairly new one. If fuel cost is the concern, you can alway try CNG/LPG option. Otherwise, if you have a budget and want to spend, then look for a sedan in that range. Which will atleast move you one level up in terms of status. Finally it is your choice.
The Indica Xeta i drive belongs to my parents. I am now married and moving out. Thats why i decided to go for a hatchback of similar proportions but with better FE and cheaper fuel options. Being married i would also like to reduce the amount of bike use. Thats why i said the car usage could increase from 30 kms a day if i buy a good diesel car.
Old 29th January 2007, 14:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dileepd11 on swift, Its good car with great refinement (although its new avatar from Maruti...) not as spacious as Indica from inside, but Swift is great looker. However Swift has its own issues not like Alto/M800.
But by now MUL has fixed many issues with Swift.

However one suggestion is since Swift D is new launch don't get feeling you need to go for diesel, you can consider Swift Petrol also you can save huge money by doing that. Lookwise no one can make out if its Diesel or Petrol and if you commute 50KM daily Swift Petrol makes lot of sense.

However If you feel Swift D is great package go for it

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th January 2007, 14:51   #18
BHPian

Maruthi to increase prices across models

Its going to happen next month, it says price rise to happen across most models. I guess they may not increase it for swift diesel, but check with the dealers.
Old 29th January 2007, 14:55   #19
BANNED

Going by the diesel standards from maruti suzuki, the swift diesel will be a flop anyways. I feel that Indigo XL dicor which is more refined than any luxury cars in india is a better option to Swift, more over swift has one of the ugly rear seat (Uncomfortably yours). I suggest you to just visit TATA motors and have a go at the INDIGO XL Dicor.

Be INDIAN Buy INDIAN will be the best mantra if you are thinking between Swift Diesel and Tata.
Old 29th January 2007, 15:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileepd11 View Post
The Indica Xeta i drive belongs to my parents. I am now married and moving out. Thats why i decided to go for a hatchback of similar proportions but with better FE and cheaper fuel options. Being married i would also like to reduce the amount of bike use. Thats why i said the car usage could increase from 30 kms a day if i buy a good diesel car.
Oho ... in that case go right ahead with the Swift.
I'd just be a bit more conservative on the savings calculation. It'll be difficult to get 20kmpl. ACI mentions 15kmpl to be a more realistic figure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks