Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2007, 10:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

We got a zen istilo a few days back in red color and we are quite happy with it.
RIDE and haddling: ggod for city driving
GREAR SHIFT QUALITY:IT good
A/C haven't reallt tested it
nvh level:good
*** maruti anything to say more
FE getting around 15 (no service till now)
Old 12th March 2007, 10:47   #17
BHPian

As suggested by others, santro is the best choice among the three. But it is unfortunate that Hyundai discontinued their top end version called XS. the present day top end version XO is a stripped down version of XS.

But I also think that waiting for Gets will be a better idea if one can wait a bit, because the space in Gets is great and so is the gearshift in it.
Old 12th March 2007, 10:49   #18
Team-BHP Support

@manikjeet : Gear shift quality on the Estilo is good? All reviews on the Estilo from various members have pointed out poor gear shift quality.
Old 12th March 2007, 14:53   #19

So what will be the price of Getz Prime?
Old 12th March 2007, 16:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

1.1 litre engine on the Getz will drive the prices down by 8%. So its atleast 32K less than the current one. It should boast increased mileage as well. Finally Getz is going to get some decent sales numbers.. But will the 64BHP satisfy the B+ customers?
Old 12th March 2007, 18:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

The gearshift on Wagon R/Estilo is the worst that I have encountered on a modern car. I was driving my friend's 7000 kms old Wagon R and wasn't able to shift to fifth, without conciously trying to feel the stick and then manevour it somehow into 5th. Also the plastic quality inside and poor silver finish in the centre console was appaling. We criticize TATA for poor plastics, maruti isnt too much ahead. Also the general NVH inside is worse compared to the Santro which is very quiet, even on bumps. The only advantage with Wagon R is the A/C which is more effective than Santro and probably the resale value.
For me its a no brainer, among these it has to be Santro.

P.S Zen is even worse, than the wagon r in terms of ride and handling, it uses a very simple front suspension layout which has hard time keeping it in a straight line at tripple digit speeds.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 12th March 2007 at 18:19.
Old 12th March 2007, 18:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thats right extreme torque, WagonR is good for effective AC, ride, resale value same as Santro. If Hyundai imporves Santro's ride quality its a great car.

New ZEN is not so good car. Its just beautifull car like Swift for eyes!

Technically and quality wise Santro is better choice.

Ravi.
Old 12th March 2007, 18:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Oh by the way there IS one more thing that i don't quite like about the Santro. Its the pedal positioning. I cant drive our ZipPlus(1.1L) for more than an hour or so continuously. The accelerator and break pedals are awkwardly placed. The knee starts to hurt on long drives.
Other than that, its a great city car, most peppy drive of the lot. Only the bumpy ride, uncomfortable pedals, and to some extent lesser FE(compared to Maruti's) are the main drawbacks. Thats why i consider WagonR as a better "package".
I hope the new eLRX is improved compared to predecessors.]]

@Extreme Torque. The gearshift is BAD, but i still cannot compare it to the Indica's gearshift! I have experience of Indica gearshift. Its not clunky/hard like wagonR, it has a different problem. It seems like embedded in clay. You cant figure out you have correctly slotted the gear or not. I always double check the second gear while driving Indica.

Last edited by DCEite : 12th March 2007 at 18:40.
Old 12th March 2007, 19:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
@Extreme Torque. The gearshift is BAD, but i still cannot compare it to the Indica's gearshift! I have experience of Indica gearshift. Its not clunky/hard like wagonR, it has a different problem. It seems like embedded in clay. You cant figure out you have correctly slotted the gear or not. I always double check the second gear while driving Indica.
@Decite... Drove a new indica recently, my office cab and the gearshifts were pretty good. Offcourse it doesnt "click" into the gear like a Palio or Swift or a Santro but it hardly gave me any problems while shifting and the feel was OK too if not good. It was a hell lot better than the Wagon R, which had me embarrassed in front of my friend, for me not being able to shift in fifth inspite of concentrationg really hard, trying conciously to shift into fifth!
The problem with the Wagon R's box is that its Vague.... firstly there's too much play in the gear lever when the stick is in neutral, secondly the shift are very hard, and thirdly the shift movement is vague with no precise feel what so ever.
Old 12th March 2007, 22:29   #25

@dceite
i have already booked a zen estilo lxi and am on the verge of finalizing the buy. can u just point out the pros and cons of zen estilo so that i wont have to repent my decision.
Old 12th March 2007, 22:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel View Post
@dceite
i have already booked a zen estilo lxi and am on the verge of finalizing the buy. can u just point out the pros and cons of zen estilo so that i wont have to repent my decision.
I hope you test drove all the three before coming to the final decision. My personal opinion wont matter much, as long as you yourself dont check out the three cars.

Apart from all the negatives that it has borrowed from the wagonR (poor gearshift etc.) it feel so much less on space inside. I, having both experience of Santro and WagonR, felt legroom to be the least. The engine, though taken from the wagonR, feels even more unrefined specially when revved hard. The worst part is the handling. Believe me, amongst the three tall boys, the WagonR handles the best. But Zen is a big disappointment. Body roll is just too much, and you dont feel like taking the car beyond 80kmph, it feels like it will get off the road and fly. Just no stability. WagonR and Santro are much better.
Old 13th March 2007, 09:34   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post

@Dceite : I learnt to drive on an Indica V2. For some reason, i never really faced any problems when it came to slotting in the gears. It isnt a good quality shift, but probably not as bad as mentioned.
Old 13th March 2007, 10:57   #28
BHPian

Santro fully loaded .. anyday.. tried and tested. Although Interiors are comparetively better in Estilo.
Old 13th March 2007, 13:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@Dceite : I learnt to drive on an Indica V2. For some reason, i never really faced any problems when it came to slotting in the gears. It isnt a good quality shift, but probably not as bad as mentioned.
My experience with V1 (infact the very first lot). Maybe they have improved it in the V2.. never driven the V2.

Anyways lets get back to the topic.
Old 14th March 2007, 11:52   #30

Reverse Parking Sensor ?

Did any one has used [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5e6cb3]Reverse Parking Sensor from Maruti Genuine Accessoried?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=#5e6cb3][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=#5e6cb3] Is [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5e6cb3]Reverse Parking Sensor a good idea?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks