Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2007, 11:01   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well, the Swift may have its issues (rattling, some low-grade interior fitments etc.) but its still a fabulous package. I wouldnt take the Swift off the buying list just for this.

Test drive it again and compare it to the Getz. Both will keep you happy, but the Swift....more so.
I agree with GTO.
My swift has done 2000 KM till now (its 11 months since I baught it). I have never ever heard any rattles. I always keep asking people travelling in my car " Do you hear some noice ?", and answer is " No it is dead silent", and indeed... atlease the my one.
After carefully looking all the options I so far has not seen a similar package from other brands. And yes you will never loose smile on your face when drive it.
Test drive all the available options carefully and then decide.
Old 17th April 2007, 11:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

The Swift is a beautiful car - rattles notwithstanding. And that has ben fixed too by Maruti. Every moment in my Swift is pure bliss for me.
Old 18th April 2007, 15:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

i have been owning a swift for 11 months now, did some 12k kilometers on it, and the rattling is the only problem i have ever had on it. As far as the package is concerned, i feel it is a best drivers car in its segment, plus i have the zxi, so ABS, climate controlled ac etc, are also really good add ons to the overall value.

The build quality is a little suspect, i would say that for every service, i had to ask for tightening body hinges and other loose stuff. It maybe because of the fact that i have to travel a lot on bad roads as well. But yeah, the rattling sound keeps coming back!
Old 18th April 2007, 16:50   #19
BHPian

Bought a Vxi in October last year, 6500+ kms on the odo now. Thoroughly enjoyed owning and driving this car. Would definitely recommend it to anyone. I havent really experienced any serious 'build quality' issues.
Old 18th April 2007, 18:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

@nikunj, go for it - switch to the tyres and alloys you have mentioned. The FE drop will not be too much .. you'll probably be able to eke out more FE by a smooth/sedate driving style - leaving aside the occassional bursts

I asked the minto park dealer - they are quoting around 22-23K discount. This is similar to what you've mentioned. And then added a caveat that there was scope for more negotiations. Interested ?
Old 18th April 2007, 22:36   #21
BHPian

Hi all, did my final deal with dewars garage today :-

Discounts :- Rs 15,000 Cash Cheque + Rs 6,000 Dealer Discount + Rs 2000 Corporate Discount ( GOLD)

Freebies :-
Accessories :- 4 Mud Flap ( RS 264/-) + Steering Wheel Cover - Black ( Rs 514 ) + Foot Mat ( Dunnow the price :-) ) .

Over and all I am satisifed with the discount !!

Will be going tomorrow to process my loan wth SBI Bank, hope they dont create a fuss there .

@ShuvC - I hope we are on for saturday to check out the shop in bhowanipur for the alloys and tyres change .

Oh almost Forgot :-Colour -Silky Silver .

Also any suggestions for the alloys and tyres without compromising on the
already low FE :-) ??

Thanks all for helping me in the decision maing . More power to TEAM - BHP !!
Old 19th April 2007, 15:13   #22
BHPian

[quote=nikunj_cal;416720]Hi all, did my final deal with dewars garage today :-

Discounts :- Rs 15,000 Cash Cheque + Rs 6,000 Dealer Discount + Rs 2000 Corporate Discount ( GOLD)

Whats the Corporate Discount 2000/- GOLD?

@ShuvC - I hope we are on for saturday to check out the shop in bhowanipur for the alloys and tyres change .

Which shop is this?

Also any suggestions for the alloys and tyres without compromising on the
already low FE :-) ??

low FE?????????

Welcome to the SWIFT club!!

Last edited by babhishek : 19th April 2007 at 15:14.
Old 21st April 2007, 06:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post

Whats the Corporate Discount 2000/- GOLD?
@babhishek :- Maruti has a list if comapnies that fall in either the Silver or the gold category . ( i am not sure whether there is a platinum category ). Discount for Silver grade companies was RS 1,000/- and for Gold grade companies was Rs 2.000/-

Quote:

Which shop is this?
I am not sure about the name of the shop but I think ShuvC was talking about Indo Radial( Minku Agrawal - owner).You can join us today if you are interested.

Quote:
low FE?????????
Yeah the dewars fellow told me that the swift will return a whopping 10km per litre with the ac on in Kolkata traffic . My uncles honda city gives him 12 km pl with ac on in kolkata traffic.
Old 21st April 2007, 22:43   #24
BANNED

The dealer is right......If the dealer says 10 kpl in Kolkata Traffic, you can expect 9 kpl in actuals...

Swift Petrol returns 9-10 kpl with old esteem engine....City driving is a pain due to low torque at low rpm...
Vehicle delivers power only at high rpm.....

Bigger cars with boot (sedans) give more mileage (as you pointed out with OHC), than the Swift....

You can go for wider toys and alloys - rest assured you will get 7-8 kpl then with A/c...

Swift is a car for NRIs, spoilt kids who don't care about fuel efficiency
Old 21st April 2007, 23:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

I have a Swift VXi, Silky Silver that is one year old. The A.S.S I have been getting from Maruti is simply superb. I am not sure how much of that can be attributed to the dealer.

I have had to take the vehicle to the dealer a few times for the rattling issues. These are mainly from the door trims and the dashboard. After the last service the noise seems to have been finally eliminated. However, the door trim quality and the switches (power windows) on the door panel leave a lot to be desired. But overall a great package. With your ICE turned on, you may not notice any noise.

In Pune traffic (not peak traffic), I have been getting a mileage of 13-14 kmpl with around 75% AC usage. During the last highway trip to Mahabaleswar with 100% AC, I got a mileage of 19.24. I drove at speeds ranging from 40-60 kmph on ghat sections and around 60-110 kmph on the highways. I have been using the stock tyres.
Old 22nd April 2007, 09:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I have a Swift VXi, Silky Silver that is one year old. The A.S.S I have been getting from Maruti is simply superb. I am not sure how much of that can be attributed to the dealer.

I have had to take the vehicle to the dealer a few times for the rattling issues. These are mainly from the door trims and the dashboard. After the last service the noise seems to have been finally eliminated. However, the door trim quality and the switches (power windows) on the door panel leave a lot to be desired. But overall a great package. With your ICE turned on, you may not notice any noise.

In Pune traffic (not peak traffic), I have been getting a mileage of 13-14 kmpl with around 75% AC usage. During the last highway trip to Mahabaleswar with 100% AC, I got a mileage of 19.24. I drove at speeds ranging from 40-60 kmph on ghat sections and around 60-110 kmph on the highways. I have been using the stock tyres.

I agree with you, the salesman quoted me figures of 10 which he had gottten as a feedback from his previous sales. he had also said that a lot depends on the way you drive, change gears , how much u revv the car. I even had a small discussion with " theMag" and he told the same thing. His VXI is returning him 15.5 kpl with ac on in CITY TRAFFIC !!!! So i guess there is a lot to be desired from the car .

Guys i have both Bad news and good news :-

Bad News - My swift delivery will take atleast one month

Good News - I will be getting the newest lot of the cars which will have inbuilt security immobilizer . Yes you guessed it right all swift VXI's will have engine immobilizer security feature as a standard accessory !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks