Baleno CVT 73 61.34%
Grand i10 Nios AMT 25 21.01%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2021, 22:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Automatic hatchback under 10 lakhs OTR

Hello Vedant,

Since you already own a Honda vehicle, I'd suggest you go for the Jazz CVT. It's a pretty reliable motor and should be well within your budget. Try to further negotiate on the price since you are a valued customer they will surely give a good deal.

Stay away from the Baleno/Glanza. Not only are they pathetic on the safety front, the dashboard is placed a bit too high. You'll have trouble maneuvering the car in dense traffic and while parking in tight spots. Back in 2018, when was upgrading from a used Santro Xing, I did sit in the Baleno driver seat. Being 5'11, I immediately realised the dashboard was a bit too high and will give me trouble in city traffic. Even the sales guy pointed out the exact same thing. Finally settled with the Ignis Zeta petrol MT. I so wanted the Jazz MT but the variant of my choice was way over my budget. Ignis MT is just fab. I'm pretty satisfied.

I had even considered a Tata Tigor and spoke to a close acquaintance who was in the Tata Motors R&D team at that time. When I told him my requirements and my decision to purchase the Tigor, this is what he said, "if you are planning to buy a small car with a petrol engine, stay away from Tata. Their petrol engines are not so good from a long term reliability point of view. Maruti should be on the top of your list as their petrol engines are tried and tested and should serve you well for a pretty long time. Had you thought of purchasing a diesel I would have recommended the Zest diesel as I'm personally using it and it has never given me trouble till date."

Based on your budget I'll recommend the following in addition to I10 NIOS. Test drive all 3 then decide:
Jazz CVT
I20 sportz IVT
yatesh.92 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 00:17   #32
BHPian

We were in similar situation last week and we finalized Honda Jazz CVT VX and it came at 10L OTR.
We tried VW Polo TSI, TATA Punch, Honda Amaze Jazz. Nexa couldn’t offer us a AT TD vehicle with any of their dealers and Toyota were lethargic with their Glanza.
What we realised is in this segment, especially for AT, there is no clear winner whom you can go eyes closed and hence you need to sort your priorities and keep excluding the cars. What stays behind you buy it

Jazz came out as front runner for following reasons
1) Tons of space at rear and felt quite bright and spacious
2) CVT mated to iVtec was excellent
3) Good build quality - this is where we excluded Baleno
4) Plastics felt good and even soft touch plastic below passenger air bag

Amaze was equally second but it lost out on 2 reasons
1) plastic quality felt inferior - it could just be our bias
2) CVT was not as smooth and free reviving like Jazz - technically identical spec but something was a miss (tried 2 dealers)

Honda service was also exceptional - we cut the deal and car was in our garage in 48h.

Good luck with your purchase
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 20:15   #33
BHPian

We booked a Vitara Brezza ZXi+ Automatic today at Automotive Manufacturers Maruti Suzuki Arena, Navi Mumbai. The current waiting period for Manual is around 8 weeks and for Automatic around 10 weeks. We are well aware of the limitations like 4 speed auto and not segment leading interiors. But these are well overcome by the positives like the crash safety rating, fairly roomy cabin, and large service network.

We hope to take the delivery in Jan 3rd week, to have a 2022 Manufactured Car.
umohan98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 00:57   #34
BHPian

Your requirements literally have the Jazz CVT written all over it BOLDLY ! Go ahead with the Jazz, it’s a no-nonsense hatch, super reliable, safe, has usable features, less maintenance costs, good fuel efficiency and good ride quality too. If I were you, I would have blindly gone and booked the Jazz.
PS- brother you want a safe car, and are you sure you’ve considered the Baleno ? Come on man !
NarediAni7518 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 01:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
We were in similar situation last week and we finalized Honda Jazz CVT VX and it came at 10L OTR.
Could you shed some light on what discounts you got? 10L OTR for vx cvt is more than 1.3L discount which is amazing. IIRC current Bangalore prices are around 11.3L w/o discounts for this variant. Or does your price include an exchange of old vehicle?

I got the VX CVT exclusive edition back in 2019 April for 10.65L after around 70k discount.

Last edited by SoumenD : 3rd November 2021 at 02:13.
Old 3rd November 2021, 14:54   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
OT

Could you shed some light on what discounts you got?
Well, On Road price in Ahmedabad was 10.60L and got following discounts
1) Company Discount - 15k
2) Exchange Bonus - 10k
3) Dealers discount - 35k
We exchanged our 2009 i20 Asta for 2L

Net paid - 8L
Additional freebies
1) 3M paint protection coating
2) dealer’s gift voucher -5k (includes 2 washes, 1 wheel alignment and dealer’s RSA )

Post this, we will claim our 50% NCB and save approx. 9k on insurance
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 15:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Well, On Road price in Ahmedabad
Ah this clears the OTR doubt. Since your location says Bangalore, I thought you bought it there. Ahmedabad and Bangalore has more than 50k OTR difference, damn the taxes
Old 8th November 2021, 18:09   #38
BHPian

You may have a look into Renault Kiger/ Nissan Magnite. Both are having punchy 100 BHP turbo petrol engine, 4* ASEAN NCAP safety rating & are feature loaded. And for the mid variants of any of these two with turbo CVT option, you would get it within 10 lakhs on road.
Old 9th November 2021, 21:41   #39
BHPian

Earlier baleno was a car in my choice list, but I came to read that baleno lacks under body protection. I casually told this point while my discussions with wife. Later on when topic of baleno came, suddenly my wife exclaimed "oh that car without underwear". My 13 year old nephew who is an avid auto enthuiast who knows each and every specification of almost any Car on the Indian road down to the last millimeter has a big aversion for Maruti vehicles due to lack safety ratings and build quality.

And I for myself have test driven Tiago diesel and it's more than adequate for a city car. I haven't seen such build quality in a Tata car in that segment.
While TASS indeed is a concern, hopefully they are improving in case they want to exist in passenger car market. Because it's not the product itself alone that matters, but how good is the ownership experience that leaves bad taste in mouth. Perhaps this very point had been cached by hyundai and msil.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks