Team-BHP - Heart says Swift, Pocket says Santro!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Heart says Swift, Pocket says Santro! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/24790-heart-says-swift-pocket-says-santro-3.html)

He is moving out of India in 1.5 years, so needs the car for this period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wimwian (Post 458213)
... getting delivery of my Swift Vxi with ABS this weekend :-)

So, what was the waiting period like? I hear Swift petrol has a 1.5 month waiting, and Diesel about 3 months!!!

I booked my Swift more than 3 weeks back...still no sign:Frustrati

Santro Xing fits your bill man. XL is the more desirable option, ( I own one back in India). Its got superb pikup, nice mileage and ok options(front PW, PS). This car will give u a good resale too.

Nothing Less Than Going With The Heart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkdelhi (Post 458764)
So, what was the waiting period like? I hear Swift petrol has a 1.5 month waiting, and Diesel about 3 months!!!

I booked my Swift more than 3 weeks back...still no sign:Frustrati

I booked on 5th May, dealer was ready to deliver Vxi without ABS by the last week of May... couldn't provide any commitment for the ABS model - even said Maruti had put a hold on all ABS models for now, no information is forthcoming from the company. I filed a complaint with the local Maruti office to no avail... then wrote a long and senti e-mail to the CEO. No idea whether the e-mail actually had any impact on my case (although i didn't receive a direct reply, it WAS forwarded to my dealer and the local sales office by the company)... anyhow I'm finally getting delivery of the ABS model in just over a month :)

driver's car: swift

city drive: xing

stunts: swift + mods

looks: swift

rear space: getz

wanna buy one soon? no? -> love diesels? drove DDIs?

I wanted to buy a new car later(new City, diesel SX4 or some other car). Anyway, I bought a Swift Zxi. Why postpone good things for a later date ? (kind of had a spiritual awakening). Swift will get you a good resale and good times for the next 1 and 1/2 years.

Buy a used car. Doesn't make sense to buy a new car and lose a lot of money for 1.5 years.

used car of your choice is apt..

zoombiee,
when i enquired in may, they said its a 15k discount, may i know which dealer was quoting 50k discount!

sithon and bensb,
would phasing out santro affect its resale value!

I had enquired at Mandovi on Bannerghatta Rd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 459153)
sithon and bensb,
would phasing out santro affect its resale value!

While earlier, i would think it did, take a look at the used car prices for the old Maruti Zens'. Since the Estilo is looked upon more as a rodent on four wheels, rather than a car with the Zen brand, the used car prices have not taken a major beating. This has been observed by fellow members on some other threads too. Hopefully, the case with the Santro too, but one cannot be certain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoombiee (Post 459342)
I had enquired at Mandovi on Bannerghatta Rd.

Thanks zoombiee, let me talk to them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 459523)
While earlier, i would think it did, take a look at the used car prices for the old Maruti Zens'. Since the Estilo is looked upon more as a rodent on four wheels, rather than a car with the Zen brand, the used car prices have not taken a major beating. This has been observed by fellow members on some other threads too. Hopefully, the case with the Santro too, but one cannot be certain.

Thansk benbsb29,
Hope even if the santro replacement is a hit, the resale value for santro still doesnt fall way behind.

And test drove a Santro today (not erLX one) and was left pretty much disappointed with the gear throw and pedals placement.

I stalled the vehicle 2 times and seemed to miss the pedals. I found the dead foot rest hindrance at first but got over it and found it comfortable but the space between the throttle and brake pedals troubled me, so was the position of the throttle.

Also, the gear shift had a long throw, not slick enough and found myself pushing it harder during shifts.

Will i get used to it as time goes by!? This was a old XS and the engine was very noisy, less brake feedback. I am not sure if my mind has joined hands with heart and playing tricks on me!

Almost 2 years is NOT AT ALL a less time for a car.
Life is short my friend. Buy something good so that you can have a feel good factor for the years to come. I'm sure with the Santro, you'll still have something to look up to. With the Swift, you'll be smiling your way through these two years.

By the Way

Performance - Swift
Handling - Swift
FE - Both are pretty much even. Not enough difference to be botherable.
Comfort - Swift
Looks - Swift
Interiors - Swift
Space - Swift
Resale - Swift (it's a Maruti afterall...!!)

Need any more reasons not to go for it?

scaryskulls! sold out to maruti kya? lol

@rocky...you drove a badly maintained car. Do try the erlx one.My Santro ran 1.10lac kms and I sold it for 1.65 lac after 5years. It was from the first batch that was sold in India.