Team-BHP - Heart says Swift, Pocket says Santro!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Heart says Swift, Pocket says Santro! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/24790-heart-says-swift-pocket-says-santro-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarySkulls (Post 459587)
Almost 2 years is NOT AT ALL a less time for a car.
Life is short my friend. Buy something good so that you can have a feel good factor for the years to come. I'm sure with the Santro, you'll still have something to look up to. With the Swift, you'll be smiling your way through these two years.

By the Way

Performance - Swift
Handling - Swift
FE - Both are pretty much even. Not enough difference to be botherable.
Comfort - Swift
Looks - Swift
Interiors - Swift
Space - Swift
Resale - Swift (it's a Maruti afterall...!!)

Need any more reasons not to go for it?

FE for diesel is mind blowing....And I would personally recommend the swift....dont see the pocket and see the heart as you are earing for your self not the pocket....

If budget is really such an issue, then why dont you go in for a used Swift. Plenty of them available in great condition.

@zoombie,
Can You PM me Mandovi Bannerghatta Roads contact number, I dont see them listed in marutiswift.com

@vikram,
The factors that put me off was the insurance part and me being novice to cars. I dont want to be taken for a ride and end up spending more from my pocket for the used car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 460253)
@vikram,
The factors that put me off was the insurance part and me being novice to cars. I dont want to be taken for a ride and end up spending more from my pocket for the used car.

Hmmm... Why not have a look at the True value cars then... Maruti offers 1 year warranty on such cars...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 460350)
Hmmm... Why not have a look at the True value cars then... Maruti offers 1 year warranty on such cars...

Well....
afaik, none of the true value dealers in blore have a used swift for sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 460368)
Well....
afaik, none of the true value dealers in blore have a used swift for sale.

Maruti True value: The best place to exchange, buy or sell your used old second hand car

The above link has the details of maruti true value dealer nos. Check with them over phone. There is lot of used Swift available in Chennai ( even not to wonder if SX4 is available)

If I were you, I would've hunted for a second hand Swift without any second thoughts. Pamper both the heard and the mind. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 459595)
scaryskulls! sold out to maruti kya? lol

My opnion could be biased as am a pretty well satisfied user of Maruti Cars since the last 11 years

vaise, I'd request you to please keep an open mind regarding both the cars. If you see the points that I have listed and compare them in pure hard numbers and facts, I'm sure, you also will agree.

And oh By the way, please Add one more point to the already mentioned list.

Best for Customisation --> Swift :)

Thanks people for talking me through this difficult period!!
Finally Heart prevailed over the brain and have decided to take the additional emi pain!

Been talking to SBI for loan and RNS, Bimal Auto for bookings.

TChau,
+Rocky_Balboa+
PS: Havent yet convinced wifey to take swift but am sure she would like it the moment she checks out the test drive.

If you only want to keep this for 1 1/2 years, I will suggest to go for Alto. Few reasons are
1-Won't be as heavy on your pocket as Santro.
2-During this period, you can save some more moeny for your next car
3-Low maintenance
4-Good resale value

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 461751)
Thanks people for talking me through this difficult period!!
Finally Heart prevailed over the brain and have decided to take the additional emi pain!

Been talking to SBI for loan and RNS, Bimal Auto for bookings.

TChau,
+Rocky_Balboa+
PS: Havent yet convinced wifey to take swift but am sure she would like it the moment she checks out the test drive.

He He, another one falls for the Swift!!! It's happened to every guy I've persuaded to take a TD, every single time!!! :)

Not to dampen ur spirits Rocky, but the petrol swift waiting time is a tad long right now... on a positive note, u have more time to convince ur wife ;)

yes Wimwian,

the waiting time for swift petrol as am told is 1 month, am talking to the dealers to give a quick delivery. Am gonna check out the test drive with my wifey today, hope she acknowledges...

Congrats Bud. Nice choice indeed.
Run her in well.

Thanks ScarySkulls,

Took wifey along for a test drive but took on a LDi, She was mightily impressed with comfort and the drive.

I think the turbo kicks in at 2000rpm is it correct folks, cos everytime i took it past 2000rpm, there was this torque surge that left us astonished! We took the drive through wheelers road, lavelle road, ulsoor road, gurudhwara road and back to ulsoor road. Although it was a short run, We enjoyed every bit of the drive. Amazing is an understatement.

To put interior comfort into perspective, asked my wife to sit in Zen estilo and Alto, she immediately noticed how big and comfortable Swift really is. Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, We are booking VXi today evening and praying it should be delivered soon!

The floor manager needs a special mention, actually couple of them.
1) He was so generous that he asked us to take another drive after completing the first one.
2) He was impressed with the amount of information I had and was mightly trying to flatter me (and impress us, which he did hehehe) in front of my wifey. I guess she fell the moment he said Your husband knows more than I do and can sell more cars here ;)

I told him about Team-BHP only for him to say, he has heard about TBhp from people and told he would check the site out when he gets on the net next time.

Thanks for all Your talks people. I really owe the knowledge and advice gained to Team-BHPians.

You test drove a diesel car and booked a petrol car:Shockked: