Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2022, 12:22   #46
BHPian

Re: Should I avoid the Renault Kwid Climber AMT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvky94 View Post
Hi! I am not going for car loan, will make full payment. I am considering Ignis now, seems like a good option. The only problem being the long waiting time.
Since you mentioned that your making full payment, as your contemplating you should focus more on the preowned route, you could find less than 2 year old cars of the next price segment available in the price bracket you are willing to offer for Kwid AMT. Probably less than 10,000km driven and definitely within warranty for the car, battery, tyre.

Last edited by architect_santo : 27th June 2022 at 12:26.
architect_santo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 12:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
With proper checks, a used Jazz CVT should be a much better bet than the Kwid.
My concern with Jazz would be the fact that it is going to be discontinued in the Indian market. Won't that make maintenance that much harder? Also I am very much scared of the used market. I have heard a lot of horror stories from people and frankly don't have much time to get into nitty grit-ties of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
I recently bought a Nios MT as a second car. So far it is turning out to be a great city commuter.
Yeah I love i10 NIOS. The only issue being the top end is for 9.4 lakhs and it is still 2 star rated vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhinaStark94 View Post
Isn't It better to wait 1 more month and get a better product than buy something that is readily available? The fact that it commands a 2month waiting period is because its sells better than kwid.
Good luck & Happy miles!! Regardless of your choice.
I agree with you. Usually I don't have much issue waiting. However, Bangalore rains have really taken a toll on my health. My bike has gone into deep potholes twice in the last month now and my back really shows it. I wake up with sharp back pain daily. That's why wanted something sooner than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Somewhere I read OP mentioned budget is not that major consideration. Then why not the new Brezza? It's after all a compact SUV, actually a raised Swift. It will get a better 6 speed TC automatic. Foot print is tight, marginally bigger than Tiago/ Kwid/ Ignis. Earlier Brezza was one of best build in Maruti Suzuki make cars. 6speed TC AT will be definitely better than AMT of Kwid/ Tiago/ Ignis.
Yeah I am restricting the budget only since it's my first car and I don't want a expensive car that I end up denting soon. I had actually booked Venue facelift top end, but didn't go for it since 16 lakhs was too much for it and didn't provide value for money. I didn't book Brezza due to the long waiting time and also the fact that I am really not very comfortable driving something big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasi55 View Post
Secondly, we paid around 5.75 for it. For that price, I feel it provided decent value and offered many features not found in other cars.
For 7.3 lakh on road, KWID Climber AMT just does not seem value for money to me. As many have said, it's built to a cost and doesn't seem like a car that will age very well.
Thanks for the info ! Wow you paid only 5.75 for your KWID? I am not sure why I am being charged 7.3. Climber upgrade should not be that much costlier right? If you don't mind me asking, are you based out of Bangalore too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect_santo View Post
Since you mentioned that your making full payment, as your contemplating you should focus more on the preowned route, you could find less than 2 year old cars of the next price segment available in the price bracket you are willing to offer for Kwid AMT. Probably less than 10,000km driven and definitely within warranty for the car, battery, tyre.
Can you please recommend some used car dealership where I can have a hassle free experience? I am really scared of the used car market due to experiences I have heard from my friends. Currently checking out Spinny and Cars24.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th June 2022 at 17:35. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 27th June 2022, 13:04   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info ! Wow you paid only 5.75 for your KWID? I am not sure why I am being charged 7.3. Climber upgrade should not be that much costlier right? If you don't mind me asking, are you based out of Bangalore too?
That's because I got one of the last few BS4 pieces. (Yes, I am based out of Bangalore.) By then, BS6 was just launched and the BS6 Climber price had already climbed to 6.45 on road. (I did not find any significant feature diff between the RxT(o) and Climber either, so stuck to the Rxt(o) version.)
prasi55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 14:00   #49
BHPian

Avoid purchase of second hand car at this moment. The second hand market is on fire, and sellers are quoting insane price for the entry level cars which are in huge demand right at this moment.

And don't worry much about dents. You will always remain cautious for your first car purchase. And you have no control over other persons, cars or objects on road which can cause dents on your car.

For major dents, you have insurance coverage (and I wholeheartedly pray you never need to use that kind of insurance claim). For minor scratches and dents, just remain calm and move on, it happens to everyone. Don't bother about dents. Enjoy the pleasure of your drives in Bangalore weather.

There is a term called "defensive driving". Just follow that and leave every other worries.
RijuC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 14:10   #50
BANNED

Quote:
I agree with you. Usually I don't have much issue waiting. However, Bangalore rains have really taken a toll on my health. My bike has gone into deep potholes twice in the last month now and my back really shows it. I wake up with sharp back pain daily. That's why wanted something sooner than later.

Can you please recommend some used car dealership where I can have a hassle free experience? I am really scared of the used car market due to experiences I have heard from my friends. Currently checking out Spinny and Cars24.
Then maybe use ola or some rental for that period of time and buy something thats is better. Just my suggestion, obviously i dont know about your other situations and reasons behind your choice.

Im saying this bcz we were in the same situation in 2015 when we decided to buy a car for my mother for the same reasons you just specified. They initially went for an Celerio but i persisted and upgraded theyr choice to a Dezire. It was worth the extra 30 days wait.

As far as recommendation for pre-owned dealerships i prefer to stick with well established players like spinny, cars24, maruti true value, first choice etc. Although you will pay a premium for theyr service its well worth it. Otherwise if you know the first owner or that car very well you can get it.

Hope you find a good set of wheels, good luck!
DhinaStark94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 14:24   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Avoid purchase of second hand car at this moment. The second hand market is on fire, and sellers are quoting insane price for the entry level cars which are in huge demand right at this moment.

And don't worry much about dents. You will always remain cautious for your first car purchase. And you have no control over other persons, cars or objects on road which can cause dents on your car.

For major dents, you have insurance coverage (and I wholeheartedly pray you never need to use that kind of insurance claim). For minor scratches and dents, just remain calm and move on, it happens to everyone. Don't bother about dents. Enjoy the pleasure of your drives in Bangalore weather.

There is a term called "defensive driving". Just follow that and leave every other worries.

I think the entire automotive market is like that right now. I was getting top end Venue DCT for 14 lakhs in 2020 and now it's for 16 lakhs with a 2-3 month waiting period. Top end i20 DCT is for 14.5 lol. Nothing is available and everything is costly. Seems like it's the worst time to buy a vehicle (or anything with electronics really due to chip shortage).
dhruvky94 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 14:48   #52

Quote:
Now, people are recommending me agains KWID saying that it's not safe and AMT will have issues with Inclines. Is KWID Climber really that unsafe?
Having driven the 2017 Kwid RXT 1.0 AMT for over three years, I would say that the thing about the Kwid AMT and inclines is all about the driver's skill. The trick is to not push it hard and slow down just enough for the RPM to drop to force a downshift before approaching an incline. This is the only way to do it as the Kwid lacks a manual mode. I managed to climb the Agumbe ghat and Kundadri Hill (Both in Karnataka and quite steep) with a full load without any issues.

On the highway however, the Kwid feels rather sluggish and does not inspire confidence for quick overtake manoeuvres - the gearbox takes forever to respond to throttle inputs. Again, manual mode is deeply misssed in this case.

The things I don't like about the Kwid in particular are
  1. At speeds over 75kph, you can feel the decreasing road grip feedback on the steering wheel.
  2. The brake pedal feedback is extremely poor. It feels like the pedal is connected to a piece of sponge on the other side. (I'm not sure if Renault has addressed this in the facelifted version)

The Climber variants of the Kwid offer only cosmetic features (most of which are plastic parts and stickers) over and above the RXT 1.0 AMT variant. IMO, any Climber variant is not worth the premium.

I would suggest you stretch your bugdet a little and go for the Wagon-R/Ignis/Tiago with 80+ bhp for better driveablity. Tata Motors has a reputation for poor after sales service. Getting feedback from your circle regarding your local Tata dealer would help.

If you're a tall person, avoid the S-Presso. The seating position is way too upright and the point where the windshield and the roof line meet is exactly at eye-level. I find it particularly annoying.
r_nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 19:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Good to see another positive review for KWID A lot of people have mentioned AMT being unreliable after a while. Have you faced any issues like that?
Almost 10k on the odometer and no issues sofar and I have been merciless with the gearbox on quite a few occasions. Then again 10k is not a lot of kilometers so one never knows

It's a good car to be in if you're driving sedately but not so much with spirited driving. Most of the folks here are not sedate drivers and are neither beginners so their expectations from a vehicle would be a bit different.
DeadCenter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 14:09   #54
BHPian

Hi,
One of my friends bought Maruti WagonR 1 liter CNG, usage 60% city & 40% highway. His criteria was good average, good aftersales services, good space for family (including parents) & good resale value.
Safety aspect was not given much of a thought as he was satisfied with whatever the OEM was providing with the product.

You may work your requirement on the same lines and arrive at a conclusion...

My experience driving his vehicle - It felt to be very light & obviously the quality of material used in cabin felt a little lower than the vehicle i have i.e. Tiago...Highway runs are better at speeds <80 to be on a safer side...

I wanted a safe diesel vehicle for my family, otherwise all points mentioned above were more or less getting covered with i10...

Regards
SulemanP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:31   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I am restricting the budget only since it's my first car and I don't want a expensive car that I end up denting soon. I had actually booked Venue facelift top end, but didn't go for it since 16 lakhs was too much for it and didn't provide value for money. I didn't book Brezza due to the long waiting time and also the fact that I am really not very comfortable driving something big.
Even if you buy a 16 L worth car or you buy a 8L car, you will feel same pain when your car gets a dent. To avoid that pain you might try pre-owned car route, but then again it is such a pain finding a good used car. Ask your friend circle/colleagues if they know of anyone selling a used car.

Quote:
It is very difficult to trust used car dealers. You would be better off buying from an individual known to one of your friends/colleagues.
speed79 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:35   #56
BHPian

Thread update: For time being I have decided to not book any car and use a subscription service. Can someone recommend a good one? I am looking into Revv (reading mixed reviews online), Zoomcar (No monthly rentals) and MyChoize (No idea about the experience).
dhruvky94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 18:53   #57
BHPian

If you don't need a AMT, get a Citroen C3, nothing better riding on bad roads and basic. Don't bother on nonsense electronics, they'll all go up in smoke anyway. You don't need a camera or sensors in something the size of a tea table, maybe concentrate on driving a bit more.

Quote:
Hi All,

I hope everyone is having a nice day. So I have booked a Renault KWID Climber AMT and I am getting the delivery in 2 days. The reason I have chosen this car is as follows:
Old 7th August 2022, 08:55   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Thread update: For time being I have decided to not book any car and use a subscription service. Can someone recommend a good one? I am looking into Revv (reading mixed reviews online), Zoomcar (No monthly rentals) and MyChoize (No idea about the experience).

I have been using a Revv car since 2020. My experience so far has been good. Planned on returning the vehicle and buying 1 of my own after the lockdown ended but due to one reason or another had to keep extending
Zoomcar's service was pathetic in the last couple of years before lockdown. You won't believe the condition in which I have received the vehicles. The cars looked like they were standing in the open for days and delivered without even a basic wash . That is why I switched to Revv.
You can also check out Orix and Quiklyz. They will lease new cars with White number plates. RC will be in ur name. You can lease for 1-5 years and select monthly km package as per your need. Like Revv the fee will include insurance and maintenance.
RGCST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 09:48   #59
Senior - BHPian

7 lakhs for a Kwid? The car market is absolute rubbish now!

We got our Skoda Rapid for less than that!
Old 7th August 2022, 10:26   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGCST View Post
I have been using a Revv car since 2020. My experience so far has been good.
Is your subscription car a new vehicle or a used one? I have been eyeing this mode and wanted to hear about any issues

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks