Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2007, 23:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

MaxX still time to cancel booking and go for VDi

Anyways congrats on your decision. A red Swift looks uber cool.

Quote:
For ICE, I went through another thread and will ask for a Pioneer 7950UB HU with JBL 937 in the back and JBL CS2165C at front. Does anybody know the approx cost if this is taken from the dealer (with warranty and bills)?
Pioneer 7950UB - 14k with bill, 9.5K grey
JBL 937 - 4.5k with bill
CS2126 - 5k, better to go for GTO607c will cost 6.5k, bargain and you can get it cheaper plus installation charges.

What about damping, sub, amp, enter the ICE section and be rest assured our gurus will make you spend your 15k wisely, albeit with another 15k = 30k
Old 23rd September 2007, 12:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

MaxX. I would also recommend that you rethink about VDI with ABS. With those combination and a Tyre upgrade (to 195/60/15) you will have all the protection required and you will not feel short of airbags.
Old 23rd September 2007, 23:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

As your usage is mainly city, VDI is the car you should go for..amazing torque..Enjoy!!
Old 25th December 2009, 12:01   #49
Team-BHP Support

Petrol vs Diesel? Oops! yes again

I am digging up the old topic,
the choice is between Ritz ZXI and Ritz Vdi(ABS)
i am heading in the unknown and as a new driver which car would suit me most & best?
as a motorcycle rider, i usually do not shift till the bike reaches its peak power(not torque)output,and i like gear shifting in motorcycles
i.e. 9000rpm in case of Yamaha YZF R-15,
as a new driver i would like to get on with the torque curve better but with more miles i would ideally like to shift with revs close to 7k(petrol) or 5.5k(diesel)

the confusion is primarily because the Ritz comes with gem of the engines and that the diesel doesn't have the Zdi option,
I do see logging few miles but nothing more than 800-1000kms per month
how would you guys rate the engines?
multi jet VS KB series? and the FTD ratio
which means i will have to forgo on Airbags even if i am ready to pay for it,
but then how important & unimportant are other features?
alloy wheels--I do not need one, will rather swap the tires & fit Yoko or Bridgestone
abs- will order one if its a vdi,
what about front elr seatbelt with pretensioner? how important safety feature is this?
what about defogger & rear wash wipe? can it be installed on vdi?even the rear wash wipe? will it be clumsy to put on?
what do you guys make of tilt steering? i am 5'10
would i require height adjustable seats?(as OE on ZXi)
and if i do go for ZXI, what about ICE? will i have to upgrade the speakers? or the whole unit & go the whole hog of adding amps & sub woofers?

in my beautiful world of automobiles its everything black but just to keep it as new i shall stick to silver(white tends to get cream & then yellow)
comments & suggestins welcome
Thanks

Mods--In case the thread doesn't get an approval, please post it where i shall get answers as i found this thread closed
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...vs-diesel.html
Old 28th December 2009, 12:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Sheel, I think if you are willing & wanting to get a ZXi then you should go for it. From what I have heard The Diesel is not as much fun as it is in Swift.

Also if you are sure that over the years your driving wont increase(which is how it happens normally i.e. the usage goes up) then petrol suits you fine.

While the K12M motor is fun I am not sure how fun the Ritz is to drive with its tall boy stance.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:50   #51
Senior - BHPian

Shees, please go witht he Ritz petrol. The engine is a gem and likes to be revved hard (just like you enjoy). Besides, diesel isn't as much fun to drive as the Swift D, and is more suited for people who drive a lot (> 2000 kms per month).
Even though its a tall boy stability is decent and provided you are not racing on tracks, you would love driviing this car.
If you don't like the handling you can wait for Swift with same engine which would be launching soon.

Last edited by DCEite : 28th December 2009 at 12:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks