Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2023, 19:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Keep or sell my Hyundai Getz

The Hyundai Getz is a great car. We had one although ours was a 1.3 Petrol Getz Prime. For a Hyundai of that era it felt very European and was well built as compared to the competition. It was good for the city as well as occasional highway runs. We sold our car in 2016 after buying a Grand i10 Automatic as its replacement.

But it isn't the most hassle-free car either. In the 8 years that we had it, we too faced a few problems wrt brakes, steering, suspension, AC, and bodywork. But all in all it was a good experience. We got about 1.2 lakhs for it at the time of the sale.

The problems that you've mentioned are quite normal for any car that is 15+ years old. Parts availability can be a challenge for the Getz, but you will eventually find what you need. So if its all good, just hold onto the car and keep driving it.

Selling it will get you peanuts due to low demand for the Getz in the used car market plus you're the 4th owner. So no point. Rather use the car till such a time that something goes majorly wrong and you need to scrap it.

If you do need to get a replacement you should consider a neatly maintained pre-owned VW Polo 1.2 MPI , Hyundai i20 elite or even a Swift.

PS: Be wary of the Hydraulic Power Steering pump in your car, there is a likelihood of it failing anytime, if you haven't changed it yet. My car had had its pump replaced once and I believe it's a common problem for the Getz.

Last edited by BeemerBug_06 : 24th January 2023 at 19:23.
BeemerBug_06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 10:10   #17
BHPian

Re: Keep or sell my Hyundai Getz

The Getz tugs emotionally for a family hatch long discontinued @SuperV.

For my 1.3L Petrol 2006 Getz, it's European build, fuss free ownership and never let me down track record of 17 years makes me keep running and enjoying it .

Practicality suggests letting go a car past the 15 years mark, though I see lot of Getz running in Bangalore by owners who seem to discard this advice.

2024 to 2025 seems a good year to look at new options like EV from Maruti and take an informed decision.

Till then enjoy your Getz and happy motoring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks