Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2023, 23:14   #46
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Vs Maruti Ignis Vs Hyundai Grand i10 Nios | City car for my wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As good as Tata's latest cars are, their AMT is very, very sad. Too jerky, poorly tuned and the long-term reliability is proving to be patchy.

If AMT, then go for Hyundai as it's got the best one out there. Second choice, Ignis.

Since it's city usage only, you should strongly consider the Tiago EV. Butter-smooth drive, cheap running costs, Tata is king of mass market EVs.
Had a similar dilemma for our 2nd car (X3 is serving well for long trips).
Mainly city round abouts less than 30 kms a day for sure.
For wife and dotty usage we decided to go for a small EV, liked the MG comet, test drove it a couple of times, paid the advance and booked it. A little bit of research later realised Tiago is a better bet in almost every aspect except for better interiors and fit and finish of Comet. Lastly the Tiago won over as it had 4NCAP rating while comet has none and we are very pleased with the recent buy.
Am the sort who loves long drives in great roads or local outstation drives in scenic routes but hate city traffic drives so much that I pull out the 2 wheeler wherever it is practical do so! Now I am doing that with the Tiago EV!.
IMHO I never felt the combo and convenience of a small car with auto transmission is so practical for intra city drives , but add to it the magic of the instant torque of EV, it is super fun to drive. Our city has an estimated 1 crore vehicles on road, most roads are narrow, with no parking in most areas of CBD and Tiago EV is just so practical , low cost, and environmentally friendlier option with lower overall ownership cost in longer run too!
Old 26th July 2023, 14:02   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thanks you all for wonderful inputs.

After considering all cars, I finally got Ignis Zeta AGS last week (Glistering grey). I am really happy with the purchase. Ignis is one car which is very underrated. It does many things well over others and provide you best value for money.

My purchasing price was 7.92 Lakhs OTR in Pune for Zeta Automatic including exchange bonus. This price includes extended warranty as well for 5 years. Plus I got 10 K accessories free from dealer. I think in current scenario this is the best deal. Points I like about Ignis -

1. 1.2 Liter K series engine is a gem. It's the best in the market.
2. Best average, superior engine compared to other manufacturer's. Proper 4 cylinder engine with great NVH.
3. Good ground clearance - 180 mm is more than sufficient in most of the cases.
4. Good features for the price you pay. Zeta variant has true Keyless entry, Alloy wheels, Spoiler, Roof rails, Infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple Car play, Steering mounted controls, Electrically operated mirrors, fog lamps, rear wiper too & few more. Nobody is offering all these features within 8 lakhs OTR (Currently good discounts are going on)
5. Funky SUV type styling, I quite like it.
6. Not very common on roads, you get uniqueness. It don't carry budget car badge for sure like Alto, Wagon R, Celerio, Tiago, etc.
7. Suspension is little stiff but not bad at all.
8. Good space inside. One will get surprised seeing space it offers inside. Boot space is also good at 260 Lit.
9. AMT is nice, less jerky. Its slow to start but gain pick up soon. As this will be used by my wife mainly, this is very useful for me.

Overall I am very happy and satisfied with what I got for the price. Soon I will write a detailed review with photos.

Last edited by aniketi : 26th July 2023 at 14:05.
aniketi is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 18:27   #48
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car. So how much discount did you get for it? (On the ex showroom price)
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 18:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Congratulations on the new car. So how much discount did you get for it? (On the ex showroom price)
70 K Total discount
10 K Accessories free
25 K Exchange bonus

Also this price includes extended warranty worth 16 K. So in total I have 5 (2+3) years warranty.

Plus they gave me 35 K for our 20 years old Santro which was not in good shape. So I paid only 7.67 Lakhs to them. Frankly I was expecting 15-20 K for my old car

Considering all above, I think I got very good deal in today's costly car market. I paid less than 8 lakhs OTR and got such a wonderful car, that too automatic, I am loving it.
aniketi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 19:02   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
After considering all cars, I finally got Ignis Zeta AGS last week (Glistering grey). I am really happy with the purchase. Ignis is one car which is very underrated.
Congratulations on the new car man! Hope you have many more happy miles of motoring ahead! Convey my wishes to your wife too.. Please post images of your new car and name it! My suggestion would be 'Arches'..

Cheers!
mgastor2022grey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 06:28   #51
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Overall I am very happy and satisfied with what I got for the price. Soon I will write a detailed review with photos.
Congratulations on the new car! You have gotten yourself a great deal on the Ignis. The Ignis is definitely one of the more premium hatchbacks in the segment besides the Exter and the i10 Nios, the car is practical with a refined motor and offers peppy performance too. Its compact dimensions, comfortable eats, decent room, and boot space make it a great city runabout. To add to that the vast sales and service network of Maruti, and the availability of spares all add to the convenience.

I wish you many great miles and memories with it!
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 16:18   #52
BHPian

Quote:
70 K Total discount
10 K Accessories free
25 K Exchange bonus

Also this price includes extended warranty worth 16 K. So in total I have 5 (2+3) years warranty.

Plus they gave me 35 K for our 20 years old Santro which was not in good shape. So I paid only 7.67 Lakhs to them. Frankly I was expecting 15-20 K for my old car

Considering all above, I think I got very good deal in today's costly car market. I paid less than 8 lakhs OTR and got such a wonderful car, that too automatic, I am loving it.
Congratulations aniketi on your new car.
I am also on the lookout for a small hatchback for intra city usage and the Ignis fits the bill perfectly. Can you please DM the name of the dealership and the SA with whom you interacted.
Thanks.
Old 10th August 2023, 19:56   #53
Senior - BHPian

1 month update:

I completed 1 month with the car & have done around 800 kms so far. So far its all good like other Maruti cars and no complaints whatsoever. Whatever it has, working perfectly. Just a small rattling sound when gone over potholes, mainly from parcel tray, which needs to be fixed in first service. Apart from this, all is well.

Average in City - I am getting average of 14 kmpl in mostly bumper to bumper city traffic with AC on.

AC - It's nice. Currently weather in Pune is good, real taste of the AC will happen in October heat or next year in Summer. But looks good for now.

Brakes - I am surprised here. This is my fourth Maruti and this has to be the best brakes. They are very confidence inspiring and has good bite unlike other Maruti's. They are better than my Ertiga as well.

Pickup - Being AMT, it doesn't zoom (read fast) to start with but its good as mostly this will be driven by my wife. After second gear, if you press accelerator, it gains good speed pretty quickly.

AMT - It's good & not very jerky. It's not smooth as CVT but better than older AMT's. For common man (like my wife ) it's fully Automatic car only !!

Highway manners - This was a big surprise for me. Yesterday, me and wifey went to Lonavala & I was surprised the way it handled. It was just perfect and handling was very tight (read spot on, no body roll). Ride was quite planted and I was feeling very confident doing high speeds (reached 90 only being new car). It gained pickup pretty quickly on plane road after 4th gear. Average on highway looks very promising. I didn't calculate it but looking at the petrol meter I can say it was upwards of 20 for sure. At the speed of 80 +, engine was very relaxed and smooth. Overall very happy with the highway performance.

Infotainment system - It works flawlessly without any issue at all. Being small cabin, sound quality is really good with 6 speakers (including 2 tweeters). Quite good for layman people like me. Initially bass was maximum, but after adjustment it sounds really good. Steering mounted controls help in adjusting volumes or changing songs flawlessly.

Rear wiper - It's very handy feature in rainy season. It has water spray as well, very useful.

Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase and wifey also loving it very much. Will soon post few photos.

Last edited by aniketi : 10th August 2023 at 20:00.
aniketi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 23:52   #54
BHPian

Quote:
1 month update:

I completed 1 month with the car & have done around 800 kms so far. So far its all good like other Maruti cars and no complaints whatsoever. Whatever it has, working perfectly. Just a small rattling sound when gone over potholes, mainly from parcel tray, which needs to be fixed in first service. Apart from this, all is well.
I have just booked a Venue, but after reading your review am planning to look at the Ignis. Can you tell me which dealer you went to. I will most probably go to Magarpatta or Viman Nagar.
Old 20th September 2023, 08:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomobile View Post
I have just booked a Venue, but after reading your review am planning to look at the Ignis. Can you tell me which dealer you went to. I will most probably go to Magarpatta or Viman Nagar.
I took car from Excel Autovista Pune - Mumbai road, Baner. You can check with Nexa Sehgal motors as well, they are near for you. Bargain hard and you will get very good deal. Go for Alpha or Zeta, they are very much value for money.

Ignis is very much great value for money car and very underrated. It can surprise you in many ways. In current market scenario, it's the best buy at that price. All the best for your purchase.
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 12:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Ignis is very much great value for money car and very underrated. It can surprise you in many ways. In current market scenario, it's the best buy at that price. All the best for your purchase.
Yes, I understood that after reading your detailed posts and some other reviews. Mine would only be a city drive, mostly driven by my wife. Would at the most go to Pashan or Khadakwasla. Hence I am looking at Alpha AMT with maximum bells and whistles. Wife loves the Venue’s looks, features and spacious interiors, compared to hatchbacks and other CSUVs of course. And she didn’t like the slightly backward tilted driver’s seat of Fronx. But she is okay with Ignis as she would get an AMT, and she is okay with the looks as it comes with a rear parking camera and rear wiper with decent ground clearance, provided she gets a comfortable drive experience. Would soon take a TD. Thanks for your reply.
Old 26th September 2023, 14:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

Post 1st Service Update -

Done servicing 2 weeks back. Nothing extra ordinary, just all checks happened and car was washed inside out. On my request they polished the interiors as I was not 100% happy when I got the delivery. They did good job this time and no complains here now. Bill came to 0 and I got car delivered at home free of cost. Service experience was satisfactory.

Now the first service is done, I have started to test the car in multiple ways. As I was new to AMT (Automatics as well), I was driving it gently for first 2 months. But now, after starting the car, I am giving more accelerator and car gains speed very quickly. Engine is really peppy and pleasure to drive on open roads. It really shines on open highways, gains speed pretty quickly and you feel very confident in doing speeds of around 100 kmph. Car feels really planted and you never feel uncomfortable in doing high speeds. Brakes are also very good and confidence inspiring.

Really happy with the car till now and I highly recommend this car for people who are looking for a city car or as a second car. I will any day recommend this car over cars like Wagon R, Celerio, Tiago, i10 Nios etc. In fact if you are on a tight budget, you can also think this over Swift or Baleno, as it has same engine. You can also buy it over other cars like Kiger, Magnite, i20 etc. as it offers more or less same package in much less price. Also being Maruti, you will get peace of mind free of cost as a bonus. Being sold via Nexa, it has got premium features as well like true keyless entry, rear wiper, ACC, Alloys, etc. in top end variant. With some interesting discounts going on, it makes really a sensible buy.

Last edited by aniketi : 26th September 2023 at 15:04.
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 18:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

Few pictures of the car.

At the time of delivery
Tata Tiago Vs Maruti Ignis Vs Hyundai Grand i10 Nios | City car for my wife-img20230706wa0069.jpg

At Lonavala.

Tata Tiago Vs Maruti Ignis Vs Hyundai Grand i10 Nios | City car for my wife-img20230809wa0050.jpg

Tata Tiago Vs Maruti Ignis Vs Hyundai Grand i10 Nios | City car for my wife-img20230809wa0021.jpg

Tata Tiago Vs Maruti Ignis Vs Hyundai Grand i10 Nios | City car for my wife-img20230809wa0040.jpg

Truly yours @Lonavala.

Tata Tiago Vs Maruti Ignis Vs Hyundai Grand i10 Nios | City car for my wife-img20230809wa0075.jpg
aniketi is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 19:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Just did trip to Nagar. Total distance covered 265 kms. It was in daytime and with some traffic and some small jams as well as its holiday time. You really never get free road to Nagar when you go from Pune. I was surprised to see Ignis returning average of 21 kmpl. We were 4+1 people in car and AC was on continuously. Car feels very peppy in 4th and 5th gear. Really happy with it. Tata Tiago Vs Maruti Ignis Vs Hyundai Grand i10 Nios | City car for my wife-20231224_170455.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks