Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks


View Poll Results: Your choice?
1.2L NA Petrol + 5-speed MT 2 1.01%
1.2L NA Petrol + 6-speed DCA 53 26.63%
1.2L NA Petrol-CNG + 5-speed MT 7 3.52%
1.2L Turbo-Petrol + 5-speed MT 40 20.10%
1.5L Turbo-Diesel + 5-speed MT 97 48.74%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
  Search this Thread
19,753 views
Old 6th July 2023, 12:47   #31
BHPian
 
PrasunBannerjee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Udaipur
Posts: 404
Thanked: 1,522 Times
Re: Tata Altroz | Which of the 5 engine + gearbox combinations would you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishwaryamaurya View Post
Hi Prasun,

I got delivery of my iTurbo in Oct 2021. I have had a niggle free experience and I found iTurbo to be a perfectly well balanced car. I plan to keep cars for long so I was not concerned about resale value. Also, I don't think part availability will be a big concern for this variant since iTurbo shares it's engine with Nexon and it's transmission with Tiago.

According to me iTurbo fixes the biggest issue with the base Altroz which is the sluggish engine. Note that I was also eyeing the Turbodiesel initially, but then I realized that I live in Delhi NCR and it may not be the best place for a diesel car in the long term.

For the final part of your question: there is limited certainty on when (if?) Altroz racer will arrive. In the past, they had showcased sporty variants of Indica, only to never release them.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions about this variant.
Hi

Thank you so much for boosting my confidence on the iTurbo.

Can't seem to DM you (perhaps because you're a newbie here) so keeping few questions here

Wanted to know:

1. driveability in real life in city + the fuel economy in city driving conditions

2. service and maintenance costs.

3 Also if yours is XZ (and not XZ plus) does it come with digital TFT MID or the boring ugly two dials and LCD screen in middle. (XZ DCA seem to come with TFT display, crazy feature distribution)

Thanks in advance
PB
PrasunBannerjee is offline  
Old 6th July 2023, 14:21   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 87
Thanked: 131 Times
Re: Tata Altroz | Which of the 5 engine + gearbox combinations would you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Hi

Thank you so much for boosting my confidence on the iTurbo.

Can't seem to DM you (perhaps because you're a newbie here) so keeping few questions here

Wanted to know:

1. driveability in real life in city + the fuel economy in city driving conditions

2. service and maintenance costs.

3 Also if yours is XZ (and not XZ plus) does it come with digital TFT MID or the boring ugly two dials and LCD screen in middle. (XZ DCA seem to come with TFT display, crazy feature distribution)

Thanks in advance
PB
I've owned the iTurbo since December 2021, and haven't encountered any issues either.

1. Driveability in the city is good. Sure, it doesn't have the punch of other turbo petrols as the power delivery is linear, but it gets the job done. I don't like the city mode; it feels laggy and not very responsive. Sports mode is the default mode that I drive and there's ample torque for city use. The clutch is light as well, which is an added bonus. I drive with a heavy foot and I've got an average of 11-12 in the city and 15 on the highway. Highway manners are superb.

2. I took the AMC for the first year, so not really sure what the cost is (completed three services so far)

3. Mine is the XZ+ version. When I bought it, it had the digital dash with the LCD and analog speedo. Don't know if anything has changed now.
SavoyWalrus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 16:42   #33
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Delhi
Posts: 10
Thanked: 15 Times
Re: Tata Altroz | Which of the 5 engine + gearbox combinations would you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Hi

Thank you so much for boosting my confidence on the iTurbo.

Can't seem to DM you (perhaps because you're a newbie here) so keeping few questions here

Wanted to know:

1. driveability in real life in city + the fuel economy in city driving conditions

2. service and maintenance costs.

3 Also if yours is XZ (and not XZ plus) does it come with digital TFT MID or the boring ugly two dials and LCD screen in middle. (XZ DCA seem to come with TFT display, crazy feature distribution)

Thanks in advance
PB
Sure, glad I was able to help. Please see my responses below:

1. Drivability is great in the city. I live in Gurgaon and my office is in Noida, so the car sees a large amount of b2b and stop and go traffic. The light clutch and decent amount of low end torque both contribute to good drivability. There is no turbo lag and power delivery is linear. Note that I drive with a light foot in city, so the "city" mode works just fine for me, but if you are in need of more low end torque, the sport mode is great. I typically use the sport mode only on the highway where the car is amazing to drive. As for fuel economy, I typically get 12-14 km/L (tankful method), which is largely due to 1) GGN-Noida route is 50% highway, 50% Med-heavy traffic, 2) I have a light foot, 3) I use XP95.

2. Apart from the 3 free services, I have only had one paid service where the charge was INR 2600 total, and included a broken headlamp replacement and some fluid topups. In my first service I got anti-rust coating done which was charged separately.

3. Yes mine is XZ, and yes it comes with the two boring dials and the LCD screen in middle. I actually like these more than the TFT display, primarily for the analog RPM dials

Hope this helps,
Aishwarya
aishwaryamaurya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 19:43   #34
BHPian
 
AbhishekNigam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: New Delhi - Gzb
Posts: 33
Thanked: 97 Times
Re: Tata Altroz | Which of the 5 engine + gearbox combinations would you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishwaryamaurya View Post
Sure, glad I was able to help. Please see my responses below:

1. Drivability is great in the city. I live in Gurgaon and my office is in Noida, so the car sees a large amount of b2b and stop and go traffic. The light clutch and decent amount of low end torque both contribute to good drivability. There is no turbo lag and power delivery is linear. Note that I drive with a light foot in city, so the "city" mode works just fine for me, but if you are in need of more low end torque, the sport mode is great. I typically use the sport mode only on the highway where the car is amazing to drive. As for fuel economy, I typically get 12-14 km/L (tankful method), which is largely due to 1) GGN-Noida route is 50% highway, 50% Med-heavy traffic, 2) I have a light foot, 3) I use XP95.

2. Apart from the 3 free services, I have only had one paid service where the charge was INR 2600 total, and included a broken headlamp replacement and some fluid topups. In my first service I got anti-rust coating done which was charged separately.

3. Yes mine is XZ, and yes it comes with the two boring dials and the LCD screen in middle. I actually like these more than the TFT display, primarily for the analog RPM dials

Hope this helps,
Aishwarya
Hello Aishwarya,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the iTurbo. I'm looking to purchase the iTurbo varient solely because of my low running (only on weekends) and better power than the NA.

Can you share your service centre details and the overall experience?

Thank you.
AbhishekNigam is offline  
Old 9th July 2023, 02:34   #35
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Delhi
Posts: 10
Thanked: 15 Times
Re: Tata Altroz | Which of the 5 engine + gearbox combinations would you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post

Can you share your service centre details and the overall experience?

Thank you.
Sure, I purchased the car from Arya Tata motors (Golf Course Road, Gurgaon). I get it serviced at their Service Center in Sector 52, Gurgaon. So far the experience has been good - no complaints. Haven't had to deal with any extra additions on the service bill and the service staff has been helpful, clear and straightforward with me in all the services so far. The car has not run into any niggles so far, so I do not know how the experience would be if something does not work well, but so far, so good.

With Tata, the service experience varies significantly from dealer to dealer, but I have had a good run with Arya Tata so far. Fingers crossed.
aishwaryamaurya is online now  
Old 9th July 2023, 09:02   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
shancz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 1,943
Thanked: 5,319 Times
Re: Tata Altroz | Which of the 5 engine + gearbox combinations would you buy?

Voted 1.2 iTurbo MT

A car like the Altroz is at its best on the highway, where the 1.2 iTurbo is the best suited engine in the petrol lineup.
shancz is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks