Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2007, 11:03   #31
Team-BHP Support

Something about FE on the Palio 1.6. I took delivery of my Palio on 3rd November 2006. Till date it has clocked 19894 kms assume 20000 kms on the car. If it ONLY returns 10 kmpl I have roughly filled on 2000 liters of petrol in the last 9 months. That translates to about Rs. 1,00,000/- worth of fuel in the last 9 months at Rs. 11111.12/- worth of fuel each month. And this cannot happen by a long long shot because I do not spend that money on fuel at all and there haven't been many instances when someone filled petrol in my car.
Old 10th September 2007, 11:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Lets not argue over FE of a Palio by saying if you drive lightly it will give that much FE coz practically speaking its very difficult to do so, ye once a blue moon you can but not everytime and the buyer would be driving normally not very carefully. If we put light and cautious driving into perspective we can get even 37kmpl from a Log(off)
Old 10th September 2007, 11:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
According to Overdrive August 2007 issue (page 59),
For Palio 1.6 Stile,
Highway efficiency: 16 kmpl
City Efficiency: 7.9 kmpl
Petra 1.6
Highways - Always 14+ kmpl
Bangalore City- Never below 10kmpl except for first 1000km when I got 8-9 kmpl
Old 10th September 2007, 11:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

I think it would be easy to make a choice here:

- If you are looking to do more kms, take the car everywhere, do lots of long or short drives then its the Swift VDI

- If you are looking for that raw power and ready to shell out more on fuel for that performance, then its Palio

My choice would be a VDI though i love Palio 1.6. guess am practical here
Old 10th September 2007, 11:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Why are we quoting FE figures from corporate Car magazines?

We have enough Car owners of mostly all the Brands on this Forum, let us take into account their FE figures only!
Old 10th September 2007, 11:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

A Swif in City will give - 16kmpl
A Palio will give - 10(high hopes, mine gives 9 in Mumbai 1.6 GTX)
A Swift on highways will give - 22kmpl
A Palio will give - 14

Cost of brew for Swift - Rs. 35
Cost of brew for Palio - Rs. 51

Torque of Palio - 14kgm
Torque of Swift - 19kgm
Power of Swift - 75bhp
Power of Palio - 100bhp

Age of Palio - 8 years
Age of Swift - 3 years

The Swift out does the Palio in the handling department, wheras the Palio has better ride and outdoes the Swift as far as built is concerned. The Palio is faster at high revvs, the Swift has so much torque you wont feel like going to high revvs

Now you do the maths guys.
Old 10th September 2007, 12:05   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
I think that in order to get 16kmpl on the Palio it has to be driven very gently and that defeats the very purpose of ownng it.
Drive it the normal way....the natural style....you can manage the FE of 8.5 to 9 easily from 1.6. The highway is far better. Without thinking of FE try to use good horses, still you will manage 15.
Old 10th September 2007, 13:00   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Lets not argue over FE of a Palio by saying if you drive lightly it will give that much FE coz practically speaking its very difficult to do so, ye once a blue moon you can but not everytime and the buyer would be driving normally not very carefully. If we put light and cautious driving into perspective we can get even 37kmpl from a Log(off)
Ohh right Busa. And you can keep driving hard in all traffic conditions. I mean in absolutely jam packed traffic you expect people drive pedal to the metal eh? Yes on the highways even with a heavy foot its very easy to derive 15kmpl at least. If you have doubts get your car down (If it is mechanically fit) and i'll prove it to you.
Old 10th September 2007, 13:34   #39
BANNED

There goes! Another thread wasted by FiAT against others debate.
Does it take so much effort and pain to prove the FE figures of a car?

@Locomotive, what have you decided? Is it time you stop reading this thread and make a booking?
Old 10th September 2007, 15:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I mean in absolutely jam packed traffic you expect people drive pedal to the metal eh?
MF dont take it in the wrong sense but in Mumbai jam packed traffic my GTC doesnot give more then 9.5kmpl. City driving is never pedal to the metal but mostly in lower gears stop go, more use of clutch and hence lower FE.

Pedal to the Metal Pali 1.6 will give around 4-6kmpl ya i have experienced it first hand.

Pedal to the Metal Swift DDIS will give around 14-15kmpl, ya i have experienced it first hand and this is Fiats own engine.

Quote:
Yes on the highways even with a heavy foot its very easy to derive 15kmpl at least.
15kmpl on heavy foot from a Palio, hmmm fat chance.
Old 10th September 2007, 16:07   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Yes on the highways even with a heavy foot its very easy to derive 15kmpl at least. If you have doubts get your car down (If it is mechanically fit) and i'll prove it to you.
he is absoloutley right and proved it to me,he drove my car with acon(75%)and i got 14.5kmpl from my palio 1.2 with FFE,k@n and 14r tyres in the city with jammed traffic.i was really amazed.
Quote:
A Swif in City will give - 16kmpl
that is a very good milage you are getting dude from swift,my friend can not get more than 12kmpl from his stock one year old swift and he is not driving hard at all.
Old 10th September 2007, 16:12   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
that is a very good milage you are getting dude from swift,my friend can not get more than 12kmpl from his stock one year old swift and he is not driving hard at all.
@payam - is this a petrol swift?
Old 10th September 2007, 16:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
@payam - is this a petrol swift?
yes it is petrol swift(november 2006)and done less than 7k km.
Old 10th September 2007, 17:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Age of Palio - 8 years
Now you do the maths guys.
we will do buddy but before that are you sure about 8 years old palio??
i think the oldest palio is hardly 7 now.

Last edited by payam : 10th September 2007 at 18:04.
Old 10th September 2007, 22:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy the car in question is the Swift Diesel, see the topic which says Palio 1.6 Estilo vs Swift VDI. Conserdering your friend's car is 1 years old it surely is the petrol version.

Quote:
he is absoloutley right and proved it to me,he drove my car with acon(75%)and i got 14.5kmpl from my palio 1.2 with FFE,k@n and 14r tyres in the city with jammed traffic.i was really amazed.
Dude what is this, ill also use 75% AC add a FFE, better air filter and extract 20kmpl in City driving from a Swift, when we quote FE figures its with 100% AC and stock car, FYI on normal driving i get 16.5-17kmpl from my peted Swift but i quote 16 as thats the figure i used to get before petes. With hard driving i get 15.5kmpl with Petes on stage 1.

Quote:
we will do buddy but before that are you sure about 8 years old palio??
i think the oldest palio is hardly 7 now.
When i meant Palio i meant when it was launched in the international market, the chassis is now old and the Swift shows the foors to the Palio when it comes to corners. Even being 7 years older it is still older then the Swift

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks