Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2007, 20:36   #1
BHPian

Fiat Grande Punto ..is it worth waiting

Hi all,
I am planning to buy a new car by end of this year and can delay it till april 2008. I want to whether it will be worth the wait for the new Fiat Grande Punto. Any speculation about the pricing... Or can u suggest me any other car in the range of 5.5 -6 lacs. except for swift(i hate that car...)
Old 8th October 2007, 14:46   #2
BHPian

hey Hot Pursuit,

I intended to wait for Grande Punto, but based on what i read it seems that grande punto wd be launched only towards late 2008 i guess....

It may be a year long wait for you!!!.......

I guess Hyundai Pa / Skoda Fabia worth the wait ;-)

Skoda Fabia wd be as good as Grande Punto..or may be even better.....

Punto and Fabia cd be priced almost the same around 5-6 L i guess.....

Cheers

Prasanna KV
Old 8th October 2007, 16:31   #3
BHPian

RE: Fiat Grande Punto ..is it worth waiting

Autocar projects entry of the Grande as late '08. Going by how long Fiat and Mitsu take to launch new cars, auto car india may not be that much off in their projection. I've been waiting for Grande for quite a while now but... The car does seem to be worth the wait if your patience holds.
Old 8th October 2007, 16:40   #4
BHPian

me too waiting for punto and fabia.. and couple more to be released by Q1 of next year.... Not really sure about punto..

I was plannig for the palio stile 1.6 sports... and then decided myself to wait for new releases.. so just 5 or 6 months wait period....
Old 8th October 2007, 16:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Punto is slated to be launched by mid-2008!

With its sleek modern design and 1.3 Multijet engine, it will be worth the wait!
Old 8th October 2007, 16:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

if you ask about the Punto as a car- it is a no brainer- sure the beauty is worth a wait. and fiat's JTD is a modern day legend- ask any swift D owner.

BUT- going by Fiat india's past record, where they took 3 years to bring out a facelifted palio, it is anybody's guess when the punto or linea will be out.

per some reports the linea will come first and then the punto, and as per other reports, it is the other way round!
Old 8th October 2007, 17:15   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

PM moralfibre (if he is not going to read this thread).
He generally likes to provide "hints" on Fiat's future in India (though only hints mind you).
Old 8th October 2007, 17:29   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't wait buddy. Life is short. By the time the current "most anticipated" car hits the road, there will be another "most anticipated" car in next 6 months. Cars are no longer "once-in-a-life-time" decisions. And Punto is not built with nano technology. The only known fact is that it will have a nice engine - everything else is an unknown. They might borrow plastics and trims from the tata 1 lakh car!
Old 8th October 2007, 17:48   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Don't wait buddy. Life is short. By the time the current "most anticipated" car hits the road, there will be another "most anticipated" car in next 6 months. Cars are no longer "once-in-a-life-time" decisions. And Punto is not built with nano technology. The only known fact is that it will have a nice engine - everything else is an unknown. They might borrow plastics and trims from the tata 1 lakh car!
Ha ha ha.

This is one nice post. Well said.

But when it comes to cars, it's always good to wait if you are not in a hurry...the scene only gets better and better.

If April 2008 is the limit of the patience, why not wait till that time anyway? Either the specific thing one waits for will happen or something totally different will surface (pleasant surprize) and if nothing happens you can at least be happy that you did not buy in Octber 2007 so your car is not depreciated by 6 months. It's absolutely brand new with not a single scratch - it's just that the car is in showroom and all you have to do is finally pick it up

Last edited by anandpadhye : 8th October 2007 at 17:49.
Old 8th October 2007, 18:22   #10
BHPian

Line up for 2008 is clearly mentioned in the Auto car mag in this mth issue its a better bet to wait for Grand punto as its 4030mm the longest in the small car segment, latest design, world renoved diesel engine which is currently used in Swift, and also the best in the crash test. So I am definetly waiting for its release at the end of 2008.
Old 8th October 2007, 22:21   #11
BANNED

That car is a rockstar! But keeping FiAT India's condition, it's not at all preferrable to wait.

Fabia has kept us waiting for many years now. Let's see what does FiAT have in store for us.
Old 8th October 2007, 23:07   #12
LLL
BHPian

if i were you, i wont wait for any fiat car and wont wait for fabia as well. Dont want to buy a skoda branded white elephant.

you can think about fiesta 1.4 petrol or aveo - you might just have to stretch ur budget a bit
Old 9th October 2007, 10:42   #13
BHPian

YES, YES, YES its worth the wait...

check for your self

courtesy: http://vicky.in/temp/Fiat_Punto_Brochure.pdf
Old 12th October 2007, 14:06   #14
BHPian

thats probably an overseas catalogue ? interiors are delightful in those pics.
any word on the price(s) of the variants ?
Old 12th October 2007, 18:10   #15
BHPian

today in the papers saw the news that tata-fiat is going to bring 3 engine options 1.3L multijet 1.2 and 1.4L FIRE engines...

wht about 1.9L multijet...will they bring that too as a hot hatch....
In my opinion they should bring..heard that its more fuel efficient than the 1.3L multijet...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks