Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 15:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wow - That is an extensive list of goodies you are putting on the verna !!

Please do put up some Pics whenever.
Old 25th October 2007, 15:50   #17
BHPian

Thanks @akshay1234! Yoko - same that SAM KAPASI got ! XM1 is which company ( just for academic interest as a fellow bhpian recommended(185/60 XM1). do you subscribe to it too or still recommend yoko- 195/55 R15. this is by the way the costliest set quote among the three I got yesterday!
Old 25th October 2007, 15:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Wow - That is an extensive list of goodies you are putting on the verna !!

Please do put up some Pics whenever.
Yeah that will surely be complied with as its an etiquette here on TBHP . I am lil confused about tyres specs and make and would appreciate a final consensus. and other confusion persists is HID/ or Rally 130/100 - stock bulbs on Viva were horrible. many times in monsoons couldnt see the wet roads and camouflaged dividers too and cursed each time I had to drive in poor light. Since, Verna also has the similar problem as reported here on the forum, its going to get changed- on D+1 minute
Old 25th October 2007, 16:09   #19
Team-BHP Support

sam has the c-drives which are comfort oriented tyres. im telling you to get the s-drives which are sports oriented tyres. get it in 195/55 r15. its the perfect upsize.

for headlights get 6000k HIDS. they will be more powerful than 130w bulbs and will use less electricity and generate much less heat.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am no genius at tyres BUT all I know the Current Hot favourites are - Michelin's - You cannot beat them for Comfort, FE, Performance also.

I suggest you get the following - Michelin Energy XM1 - 195/60 R14.

You cannot get better than these. Will give you a fantastic Ride quality and all those 110 Horses can be tamed with this footwear

Michelin India - Energy XM1

Also If you buy 4 or more tyres, you get a Michelin Reebok Tracksuit free !!! I just bought 4 for my Santro and got it !!

Michelin India - Promotions

Otherwise if you are still confused, then our T-BHpian ( Ishan ) Iraghava - The Official Tyre wallah here will be glad to help you decide which / what tyre ?

Cheers !!
Old 26th October 2007, 10:27   #21
Team-BHP Support

vkochar - the xm1 are not performance oriented tyres. with 130horses under the hood i think its best if he gets s-drives or something like that which is performance oriented.

if you see his post he wants performance and handling out of them and not comfort and fe.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:44   #22
BHPian

Sensors for parking assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Petes is costing 32500/- plus filters 5000/- Mags and tyres 15"- approx. 32K( overall) and then also getting 6 sensors park assist with display - 4200/- . exhausted ( money, not me!!) with these so V kool will wait till new year .( asking for 11k). But tyre specs - please, your recommendations.
What sensor are you thinking to buy, i mean make and what kind of display it will have. i saw a display with vertcal lins getting increased or decreased depending on teh distance, there aole available with lcd display and others .
Old 26th October 2007, 11:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
What sensor are you thinking to buy, i mean make and what kind of display it will have. i saw a display with vertcal lins getting increased or decreased depending on teh distance, there aole available with lcd display and others .
Hi. its with dot matrix display( not the lcd one). clarity ( demo that I saw is fine). its china/ taiwan make. ( i dont remember exactly) but I ll revert after visiting them again this weekend. Dealer is asking 6500 for 6 sensors and 4500 for 4 sensors of the same make!! . I am also thinking of fitting some device to do windows -auto up and down, I read somewhere on the forum that it should cost something around 1200 to 1500/-
Reverse camera with display on IRVM is ocsting 25000/- but it gets activated only when you put car in reverse gear while the sensors are active always . I saw this feature first in Laura and find it very useful to park in office as well as society compounds specially when you park between pillars/ face the wall and the watchman keeps guiding you till last 1 mm.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

If I understand correctly what you are referring to is that the windows toll up automatically once you lock the car or are referring to power windows?

Does the Verna not come with power windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I am also thinking of fitting some device to do windows -auto up and down, I read somewhere on the forum that it should cost something around 1200 to 1500/-
Reverse camera with display on IRVM is ocsting 25000/- but it gets activated only when you put car in reverse gear while the sensors are active always . I saw this feature first in Laura and find it very useful to park in office as well as society compounds specially when you park between pillars/ face the wall and the watchman keeps guiding you till last 1 mm.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:50   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
If I understand correctly what you are referring to is that the windows roll up automatically once you lock the car or are referring to power windows?

Does the Verna not come with power windows?
hes referring to that. the verna does come with power windows.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
vkochar - the xm1 are not performance oriented tyres. with 130horses under the hood i think its best if he gets s-drives or something like that which is performance oriented.

if you see his post he wants performance and handling out of them and not comfort and fe.
Oh My Bad !!! . As I said I am no genius at tyres. I was under the assumption that XM1 are all rounder's.

I also forgot that he now has Pete's so it is 20 bhp over the 110.

Aren't Goodyear Eagle's good for performance BUT I have heard they wear out quite soon !!
Old 26th October 2007, 14:09   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Aren't Goodyear Eagle's good for performance BUT I have heard they wear out quite soon !!
they do wear out fast and theyre nothing great at performance. search google for some reviews on them and youll know what im talking about.
Old 8th November 2007, 11:47   #28
BHPian

I have picked up Verna SX ABS and now waiting for Scorpio 2.2 launch and if it comes with Auto tranny then will pick it over Safari EX- 4*4 else, compare both 2.2 before deciding on either in 2008.

I got to see my car yesterday with the dealer- I requested him to allow me to do 'Puja' etc. on Dhanteras as the cheque was presented to them yesterday and as per their policy they needed to have a credit in their account before completing insurance and registration formalities. Later, they also allowed me to take it out for a spin and I brought it home with strict warning that it will all be at our risk as Vashi RTO is closed till Monday (12th Nov) and some letter for hypothecation is yet to be received from my company ( this is required for hypothecation).

Some shocks-
as they had 75 deliveries yesterday , you could imagine the crowd and mood around. PDI sticker -not there. SX sticker not there. Cigarette lighter and as tray also removed and no more comes with car. The user manual is so confusing with disclaimers and 'if installed ' features and found so many missing. Though salesperson promised me to fix up SX sticker once it arrives from the company( surprising they didnt send it with the car) and so bad that they removed lighter and ash tray also while the space where ash tray is left just light that and it looks plain UGLY as if the same is stolen/ missing from there.

The point for fixing up height adjustable seat belt is also plugged with a plastic button and looks silly( yeah I was checking the whole car)- thoroughly. They have also removed the cover for shock absorber cap in the negine bay, which was available in Accent CRDi.

Headlights as reported by all others is really poor - but I found it not worse than Accent's light. So I guess more than tires , I need to upgrade to better lamps first.

Tyres- are bridgestone 185/65- please, tell me - will it be a good decision to spend 34k ( after 11K discount against the stock rims and tyres)for alloys with 195/55 yoko as advised by you earlier. I have time till Tuesday (13th) till they get the registration done and hence, need to decide fast.

The short spin that I took it for gave me a feeling that car doesnt pull in 1st gear properly and very sluggish- though RPM meter rushes like storm is built inside the engine bay at the slightest touch at the pedal and clutch is so smooth and light, I loved it. Is the feeling in first gear is normal. Since, it was run just 8 kms, I guess, the whine and roughness is normal- but to say the least the drive , nvh and feel that I got in test car is much better - way smooth and refined - than what I felt in this car. Please, give your inputs.

FE- the trip computer showed 576 kms to go - after filiing the tank to brim( 41 ltrs I filled and 5 litres from dealer) - that indicates an averrage FE of 12.56 kmpl. Is this normal?( I drove it for around 20 kms total on free roads , in all gears, varying speeds- rpm well under 2500 and speed around 50-60 kmph- just once touched a max of 80kmph for a second and then went lower ).
The manual mentions that car needs no breaking in period ( running in) but adviseable to keep rpm under 3000 till first 1000 kms - and not exceeding 2/3 or speeds in each gear and keep varying speeds and also, mentions not to do hard braking during this period- so couldnt test ABS - and effect of rear disc brakes).

Kenwood system is just good enough.
Horns- just two sides of steering spokes- the lower part of the spoke doesnt have perhaps the contact points. In Accent , a press anywhere on the steering spokes would blow horns.

Anxiously, waiting for registration to get over on 13th( Tuesday) before- taking it for a spin and find its potential in its full glory.

Last edited by shatrughna : 8th November 2007 at 11:49.
Old 9th November 2007, 09:08   #29
Team-BHP Support

the car wouldnt have felt as refined etc as the test car since its not run in properly. after the first service you should find it much more silent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks