Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2007, 22:35   #1
BHPian

Information needed on the i10 suspension

Hi,

I am planning to buy i10 for my parents. But I am more concerned about the suspension system of the i10.
I own Santro currently and not at all happy with the back seat comfort because of poor suspension.

Please if anybody of you who had taken a TD of this car can provide the detail about the rear seat comfort of this car. I liked the rear seat comfort of Getz. If anybody can provide information in comparison to getz how much bad/good it is.

I have checked by myself that they have changed the rear suspension but how much it gets improved in handling bad roads.

Old 28th November 2007, 08:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

i10 is supposed to be better than the Santro (in terms of ride comfort), but i feel Getz is much better than i10 in this area!

If you are considering ride comfort as the main factor, go for Getz instead of i10.
Old 28th November 2007, 10:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

getz is a better option than i10.but then if you start thinking of getz you cannot avoid thinking of swift also.so the options become big .think hard.its hard earned money.
ram
Old 28th November 2007, 11:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_fan View Post
Hi,
Please if anybody of you who had taken a TD of this car can provide the detail about the rear seat comfort of this car. I liked the rear seat comfort of Getz. If anybody can provide information in comparison to getz how much bad/good it is.

I have checked by myself that they have changed the rear suspension but how much it gets improved in handling bad roads.

Why don't you take your parents along and TD both i10 and Getz 1.1. That was you will have first hand idea of the back seat comfort. The 'NEW' Getz Prime has a reworked suspension as compared to earlier Getz. It more on the plusher side. I have no idea about i10 but Getz rear seat is real comfy IMO.

ELito
Old 28th November 2007, 12:36   #5
BHPian

i10's suspension is much better in comparison to Santro. I own an i10 and have taken TD of Santro and have also sat in the rear of friend's Santro. I have never driven/sat in a getz though.

-Ravi
Old 28th November 2007, 12:59   #6

I did check out the rear seat comfort of the i10. Definitely felt bumpy ..
Old 28th November 2007, 14:03   #7
BHPian

HI,

I have test Driven Both i10 and Getz 1.1.

i10 is not a bad choice for the money you pay. Getz however cannot be compared with i10 as it falls in a higher category and definitely has more comfort and driving pleasure.
If u test drive i10 and Getz then U will never think of Buying an i10.

About its suspension...i felt it bumpy (more or less like the santro only).
Santro's and i10's length is same but i10 is a bit wider and its rear legroom is a bit more than santro which hyundai has managed to get (but by reducind the bootspace)

I would suggest you...Go For Getz 1.1 (as its for your parents). provided...FE is not a major concern.

You can check this link....for more information

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ression-4.html
Old 29th November 2007, 17:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

It is not certain that I10 will have a better suspension. Best to take a back seat ride. Another thing is that most of the I10 on TD will be new with hardly any mileage, and so problems may not be so apparent.
Old 29th November 2007, 18:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

But for a back seat comfort and your prifile id why dont you look at the stile 1.1!!! SInce its for your parents i dont think the low power would be a problem. The Getz is also a good choice. Not sure about the i10 suspension. But the Swift!! Well maybe you could check it out. TO me it was quite bumpy though.
Old 29th November 2007, 19:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

Geetz and pailo have best ride and back seat comfort Also Tata Indica and indigo are best choices as well.

For Indian road only these 4 cars are best ones for ride comfort according to my research.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th November 2007, 19:29   #11
BHPian

i was surfing the only flash website of i10 and saw the CTBA with coil springs as rear suspension. Can anyone tell me what is the meaning of CTBA?

i was also keen on knowing the iRDE technology of hyundai. How it works.
Old 30th November 2007, 13:03   #12
BHPian

I have checked the i10 Suspension. It is having coil spring and dampener and it looks very similar to the Getz suspension. So I thought that it will provide same ride comfort as Getz but from above comments i feel that its not good.

I yet to have TD by myself. In Banaglore TD is a big task because of traffic.
:(
Old 30th November 2007, 21:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
i was surfing the only flash website of i10 and saw the CTBA with coil springs as rear suspension. Can anyone tell me what is the meaning of CTBA?

i was also keen on knowing the iRDE technology of hyundai. How it works

CTBA=co dependant torsion beam axle = very slightly differnt from getz

IRDE tech = every car has a fuel line that takes the fuel to the engine.fuel is used by the engine and a small portion is returned back to fuel tanks.IN IRDE the fuel intake is fed in such a way that only the amount of fuel reqd by the engine is taken in , very less is returned( in doing so very less fuel is wasted in the form of heat. this equals more fuel efficiency)

Please note all the above information was given by hyundai dealer and so please dont misconstrue it to be either my knowledge or my stupidity

Also about the suspension in the i10
it is definitely stiffer than the getz , very closer to the santro. the tubless tyres with the profile given(i.e slim tyres with higher profile) dont help either
ride is comfortable(decent upfront) not so commfortable behind.
you need to judge how many times will you be carrying passengers behind and how concerned you are aboiut their comfort

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks