Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2007, 15:18   #1
BHPian

waiting period for swift and a regular What Car query

guys i want to know whats the waiting period for swift petrol and swift D i stay in bangalore......im greatly confused as to which car to buy

Last edited by chetan : 28th November 2007 at 15:20.
Old 28th November 2007, 15:28   #2

I was told to wait atleast 3 months for the Swift-D. However the Petrol should be available real quick.
Old 28th November 2007, 15:30   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Chetan, it will help a lot if you can give clarity about the thread in the title of the thread itself. A very generic, cryptic thread title isnt much fun ..

IMO, the dealerships will be the best people to give that information. Suggest you contact the dealers and ask them, because availability can keep changing and they would know better
Old 28th November 2007, 15:31   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_pursuit View Post
I was told to wait atleast 3 months for the Swift-D. However the Petrol should be available real quick.

can you tel me which motors

im sorry about that condor it was typed to get the info real quick will type a detailed description later

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st October 2011 at 20:21.
Old 28th November 2007, 15:37   #5

I got the quote from Mandovi Motors on Lavelle road.
Old 28th November 2007, 16:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

chetan,
diesel has a waiting period of 20-30 days at my dealership.swift p has a waiting period but related to which color choice you have it varies from 10 days to 30 days.

ram
Old 28th November 2007, 17:25   #7
BHPian

ok guys heres the deal we've zeroed in on palio 1.6, swift d , ford fusion 1.6 petrol and getz prime 1.3

mine and my dads concern are the power and looks but sister's problem is visibility.What i want to know is how good a vehicle ford fusion is in terms of power is the the resale value the same as palio 1.6 or are there any new releases coming out form the mentioned manufacturers.I am in confused mind right now.

guys may i know the prices of all the vehicles mentioned above
Old 28th November 2007, 17:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

For knowing the prices visit Used Cars, New Cars, Buy Car, Sell Car, New Car Pricing, Used Car Values, Car Loan, Car Insurance - CarWale.com India. you will get all the latest models and previous models rates by city. As far as your query is concerned, the vehicles mentioned above, the A** is not OK with Ford and visibility with Ford/Swift/Palio/Getz are all same. But Getz and Fusion scores comapred to other two.

My suggestion would be take a TD of all the vehicles you have finalized and then decide.
Old 29th November 2007, 10:49   #9
BHPian

How many kilometers would you be running daily ?
If you are running many then diesel would be a very good choice.
The Swift Diesel is quiet swift.
I do not like the Fusion's looks somewhat and maybe the Fit and Finish is not all that great. I have not driven the Fusion but it has the Ikon's Engine and that engine is quick too.
The Palio 1.6 is a stormer of an engine but if you drive it rev happy, forget Fuel economy.
I have also not driven the Getz but I think it is a nice car. You may also look at the Getz Diesel.
Old 29th November 2007, 14:07   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Swift Ldi has a waiting period of 3 months while Vdi has a 6 month waiting period.

Chetan, give me a call. PMing you my number.
Old 29th November 2007, 14:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

fusion has the costliest parts in the group.you can compare the parts price of fusion to skoda or civic for that matter.un imaginable costs involved .of the rest power and fe should be better for swift d.and swift d is -maybe -the only car in india to come with same extended waranty charges for both petrol and diesel variant.thats also a bargain.

ram
Old 29th November 2007, 15:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
ok guys heres the deal we've zeroed in on palio 1.6, swift d , ford fusion 1.6 petrol and getz prime 1.3

mine and my dads concern are the power and looks but sister's problem is visibility.What i want to know is how good a vehicle ford fusion is in terms of power is the the resale value the same as palio 1.6 or are there any new releases coming out form the mentioned manufacturers.I am in confused mind right now.

guys may i know the prices of all the vehicles mentioned above
COmparing cars in your list this is what i would say

FIAT Palio 1.6 :
+ves - Looks, Power, Best Price, Best VFM, FIAT, Best suspension for ride comfort
-ves - F.E in city, A.S.S, Interiors

Ford FUsion 1.6 :
+ves - Best Power delivery, Unique Looks, Best Ground Clearance, Interiors, Space, Intellegent features, Handling
-ves - Worst Ride Comfort, Highest Price, FORD A.S.S, some blind spots

Swift D :
+ves - either love it or hate it looks, Power, F.E, Best Maruti A.S.S
-ves - either love it or hate it looks, rattles, fit and finish, high price compared to features you get, waiting period, turbo lag, interior space, Most Blind Spots.

Getz Prime 1.3 :
+ves - Adequate Space for a hatch, adequate power, good ride comfort
-ves - i'd call it a compromise purchase since its not that powerfull, its not that good lookng, it does not give that great F.E, it does not have that great interiors.

My suggestion would be the Ford Fusion if you are a power freak and dont mind some harsh ride comfort. The Palio 1.6 for sheer comfort at an unbelievable price. THe Swift if you want to save on F.E and dont mind paying that price for less features and waiting. The Hyundai if you drive it and like it.

All the best and drive safe
Old 29th November 2007, 16:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

@macleren: What happened? Read your signature and I feel somebody has ditched you...very hard
Old 29th November 2007, 18:08   #14
BHPian

I think Gemithomas hates the Getz atleast from what he wrote.
Old 29th November 2007, 20:33   #15
BHPian

thanks guys for all the inputs, had gone to ford motors today wanted to TD the petrol but was not available, but i hated the interiors it looked cheap. I was sure dad would buy this vehicle but decided not to because of interiors.

After that we went to RNS hosur for swift D as soon as i went in i aksed for the waiting period the sales person said waiting period till march. We are interested in Vdi without Abs coz that i am considering to go for later

tomorrow we'll be going to have a look at palio and Td it....will update

rahul thanks for your pm i have noted down your number will call you if i need to know anything....is RNS a good dealer, i am also thinking of mandovi motors lavlle raod.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks